• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay? Russia?:D Other than that...maybe Amazon.com?

The bAARtender polishes the counter

"- Please gentlemen, avoid one-liners in the bAAR. Otherwise you won't get any more MILK & COOKIES

- Oh no shouted Amric I want to know what happended to MrT

- And I can't even read that AAR because it's R-Rated...sighed Judas

- Well what did you expect from an AAR meeting involving three mods and a bAARtender? :D"

"Something extrAARdinary perhaps?":D

Takes a swig from his Pyramid and smiles as Amric and Eochaid groan at his terrible humor.

Oh crud, that's a one-liner.

A lot of new AAR's cropping up over the past week. Be sure to go to the AAR forum and check 'em out. I missed a bunch simply by going to user cp all the time.

Cheers!:)

I wasn't doing one liners...I was SERIOUS! Well, Russia was kind of tongue in cheek, but still I couldn't say where one could find Novgorod folk singing...since the place hasn't existed in centuries now...

Ok, I'm drunk enough now to go to sleep.
There is only so much I can take, especially in Oman, and there is only so much ranting I can put other readers through.

More coming, at this rate about 50/60 years of Omani nonsense a day.

There is something new on the hAARizon!

Yes, I know, time for bed.

J. Passepartout strolled into the bAAR and ordered a coke. "Hello, everyone, I just posted the shortest update in history. Go look at my Timid Timurids AAR. (Yes, there are shorter AARs, but they didn't have updates, did they.) Oh, and does anyone have recomendations on where to host screenies?

By the way, I don't know where I put them, but if you see Time Commandoes, by Wyvern, or Oh Man, by haaf, have a looksee and then let me look at them again."

Jean then stared at his drink.

Alexandru H. responds:

Your update took exactly 1 second to read. Good work, JP. Drink! Oh, and geocities seems nice, or angelfire!

LD stands up from his table to address the crowd. "Well, it's great to see so much new blood here. Welcome everyone, and a drink on the house to all. Now, a reminder to everyone, and to reinforce what the bAARtender said - the bAAR is a place to discuss AARs - your own and others. But, please do it in character and refrain from short one liners. Why? Because it would be looked upon as spam and a quick way to build up a post count. That's not what the bAAR is about. As it is, I'll probably prune some of the older material from the establishment. On another note, please visit the SolAARium. It has a great selection of topics about the technique of writing, characterization and a host of other subjects. I have just gone through it and culled all of the superfluous information, leaving it more informative. I encourage all newcomers and veterans to utilise the thread for serious discussion on the topic of writing. Furthermore, I will resticky it to see if attracts new attention." LD sits down and orders a scotch.

*CyBlack slips in the bar, loudly orders a bottle of Stolichnaya, and downs the entire thing before anyone realizes he's not legally allowed to drink*

Hello, hello, and I'd *belch* just like to say that *belch* 'The *blech* of *blech*' is up and running! It's based on a semi-true story, which is based on a Disney ride, which is based on a hit Jerry Bruckheimer film!

Oh, and the 'Spirit of America' is up there too; watch the British and the Americans as they are locked in a never-ending struggle for *blech*premacy!

Hawk looks up from a stack of newspaper clippings.

"I'm shocked at you, LD... you failed to put in the obligatory plug for the Free Company!" *clink*

"To echo what he would've said (for those of you who haven't heard it all before ;)), the Free Company stories are a wonderful way to learn the craft of writing, work with some of this forum's luminaries, and actually experience the creation of wide-ranging, novel-length (or better) stories."

"Of course, occasionally you'll have to suffer my atrocious writing to get to the good stuff, so enter at your own risk..." :D

*now on his sixth bottle of Stolichnaya(and nobody the wiser) Cy is indescribably saddened by the lack of comments on his AAR*

I usually like your stuff, CyBlack, but I am having trouble sticking with your newest for some reason. I've been reading, but just haven't posted anything about it...sorry....

Hey! I've reached 1200 posts...I've gotten promoted! Yahoo! Drinks for everyone!:D Alexandru. now I outrank you!:D

Languish, you have a fine EU1 AAR. I like to see the old and beautifull world-map of EU1 on your screenshots!

And now, I have some new things on my AAR. Starring: burning infidels, mad sultans, portuguese soldiers acting as inquisitors, indian soldiers fearing the cannon from the ships and a muslim sultan reading the bible. Let's see it!

Amric, my dude, I congratule you for your 1200th post! You are a Lt. General now! May one day you turn Field Marshal!

I am really looking forward for our MP AAR start, with the playings starting next weekend. It will be very funny. We have a nice potential of writting a good AAR together with LordLeto an Nalivayko.

LD stands up again. "Er, between my last post and this one it appears the message hasn't gotten through. One-line comments should be posted in the AAR in question. The bAAR is used to discuss and recommend AARs belonging to yourself and others, and it should be done in character. That's what makes this The bAAR." The man with the 'delete post' button sits down.

Wyvern walked into the bar, holding what looked like a lazer pistol in one hand and a big black box in the other with the words TIME HOPPER emblazoned in big bold red letters, and underneath in a smaller script, press here to activate.

Ignoring the strange looks he garnered, he bellowed out in his best sergeant major impersonation. "Now listen up people, Commander Taggert just shipped out the Time Commandoes. There's a madman on the loose and it looks like Renaisance Italy is about to come under attack. We'll be standing by to keep you posted, but if you notice any strange changes in your surroundings, friends disapearing or suddenly talking in a foreign language, that sort of thing, then report it immediately to Central. Protect your past by being ever vigilent in the future!"

Now bAAR-tender, pull me a pint of your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.