• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LD sits down with JM, Alexandru H. and Phalanx. He orders a round on Stroph, future father and birthday boy. "Thanks for the kind words, guys, but this particular Book has not been what it was supposed to be, if that makes any sense. We have had an incredible turnover of writers, leaving us kind of scrambling. I'm honoured that Phalanx and Judas M. have stuck it out. Anyway, I want to end this early because there's only a handful of us left. There is a lot of new talent here, so perhaps interest will pick up down the road. Alexander, if you were reading you should have piped in with a character. Anyway, cheers, guys. Thanks for being a part of the FC."

With that LD tipped his glass...

Seeing LD with JM, Phalanx and Alexandru H, Redwolf went over to join them. Hearing the last part of LD's speech, Redwolf spoke up, " Book V is ending?! I was just starting to enjoy myself being part of the FC. Please don't end it so soon. And will there be a part VI? As far I am concerned, I intend to continue writing on the FC as long as it exist. I will be very sad if the series wind up just as i join."

Fusag pokes his head in wearing his mad scientist costume. "FC? End? You have to be joking. Of course there will be a Book VI. In fact, if my experiment works, I'll be able to sustain LD and MrT's brains after they're dead. After all, we still have 380 years of EU time to cover. :D But all good things must come to an end, including Book V. Our fearless Captain is just gearing up for the finish. How ever he decides to end it, we'll obey.

"Oh, I been digging through the LibrAARy. Who Killed Cologne? by Storey is fantastic! It's both funny and reminescent of the whodunnits I'm so addicted to."

Heagarty, wary of the quote gun, perks up at the mention of the Cologne AAR.

"That's one of my favorites," he says, "though picking favorites out of this vast librAARy is dangerous. If you want a good, short storey, um, "story" that is, you can't beat it. Another fun short one is Mr. T's "Waiting for Todog", a frustrating attempt to play Zimbabwe."

"Now, if you want a longer one," he adds, getting a refill on his scotch, "There's History Park, The Great Game, Gaijin's Aztec AAR and a LOT of memorable epics. And these are just the ones from a year ago, the last time I spent any real time here!:D"

"DEFINITELY check out the LibrAARy! There are some treasures there that shouldn't be forgotten!'

Stuyvesant, being new to the bAAR and fearful of all the veteran posters ("Gosh! Their post counts are so high!"), quickly and unnoticed slips onto a bar stool in a shady corner. He asks for a cup of tea, which gets some attention, but not the kind one would like.

After the laughter has died down, he mumbles into his steeping brew: "Great that Heagarty mentions those old AARs, they're indeed much worth the read. But just why he doesn't include his own convoluted masterpiece, the Tales of the Gluttonic Knights, in his list is beyond me. Especially since it's getting ready to wrap up. Of course, we've heard THAT before, but sooner or later it's gonna be true... So this would be a good chance to pay a last visit before it drifts inexorably towards the bottom of AARland."

At that moment, one of the friendly staff comes within earshot: "Excuse me, did you say something?"

Stuyvesant pretends to be deeply interested in his tea: "Who? Me? No, no, I didn't say a thing..."

A dirty teaclotch flung over his left shoulder, his ever dirty glass in one hand, the bAARtender smiled at Stuyvesant.

"- Hello Peter, and welcome to the bAAR. I am Eochaid and I'm half of the "friendly staff", the other half being Norgesvenn, but God knows what he's up to right now so it's just me for the moment.

- Thanks for the tea.

- You're welcome. I am myself a heavy tea drinker and if I don't get my daily litre of tea I get all nervous. And you're not the only one around here to order soft drinks.

- You mean I'm not alone?

- Nope. And don't worry about this being your first post in here. You can still see mine on page one of this thread. It was my second post ever, and I was kicked out by no less than Peter Ebbesen.

- The Conqueror?

- Yup. At the time he was the bouncAAR. Ah, those were the days of our lives.

- Uh?

- Nothing. I was just day-dreaming. I'll have to check out heagarty's work by the way. I haven't read it in a while. So many AARs to read, and so little time..."

"Ah, Waiting for Todog was a good AAR. First of MrT's I ever read, I believe. This was way back when he could actually fit all his AARs in his signature without making it longer than all the FC books combined." Jean laughed. "Anyway, I have been tortured by being unable to remember a name from that tale, and I should go look it up."

Gaijin was simply staring into a distance with eyes big like five hundred yen coins. He looked thoughtful and sophisticated. But in reality, he was in a deep drunk stupor, without a single thought crossing the virgin surface of his mind.

Some people call it nirvana.

Then one thought finally walked across the mess of his grey cells. 'I am so bloody behind on many of my favourite AARs... so much stuff happening... ing... in RL... bah. But I will sure follow the 'Coat on the floor' madness tomorrow. Or later today.'

'Paranoid Tsar, GeNTlEMeN!' he said, and calmed down again.

Mike looked askance at the drunk yelling in the corner. Nothing but crazies and drunks in here, he thought to himself, and grinned before returning to the books he'd nicked from the Library. Absorbed once more in Bismarcks 'Cyprus - the Last Crusade' AAR.

Beneath that weighty tome lay Ariels ancient English AAR, old in years but still kicking it with the best.

(all the various people in the bAAR look over at HGI's book The Bloody Fields of Kehl; then they gasp and shout "It's Alive!")

Back on Earth

Suddenly, the air close to the bAAR's frontdoor burst itself into flames. Odd, nothing but the air burns. And, from inside the flames, comes a man. He goes out of the fire, crosses the frontdoor, turns himself to the fire, opens his arms and says, resolute:

Yellow fire, here you stay;
Hear me and go away.

And then, the weird man finally enters the bAAR. He choses an empty table, sits down and starts talking like mad.

Some know me as Anibal. Maybe it's in memory of that great cartagenan general who nearly conquered Rome with his elefants' army. Or maybe because I had nothing better to do and called myself like this. Or maybe because it's God's will.

Almost twenty days away from here I have been. Twenty days facing what people call Real Life (may God look after their souls). Some people have to enjoy their winter vacations in the south hemisphere!

Also, in some days I'm starting to update my AAR. I know that the worse thing about it is that I wrote it in very long chapters. But no one learns things without making any mistakes! It's still my first atempt on an AAR, so I'm still learning and making mistakes.

This is my very two hundredth post, and I want to use it well. I would like to tell that I just finished to read Amric's AAR, that is also finished. Nice work you did (specially because I'm into the story :D )! I also need to catch up with other great AARs I was reading.

BAARman, I pay a round of pinga for everyone here in celebration for my comming back!

(For those who don't know, pinga is a traditional brazilian beverage, made of sugar cane, but IT IS NOT rum. Some foreigners call it white rum.)

I would like to thank you all form the friendship, for the assistance, for teaching me how nice is EU2!

...and then there were three: Anibal, his friends of the bAAR, and pinga for everyone. Oh, I forgot about the fourth: EU2!

From a corner of the Baar comes but a faint laughter

- It is said that all things must come to an end. Your AAR, Kurek, was but the exception that ruled out this ancient law. Now, it seems that the universe will erase this small glitch

Commandante's cellular phone rang. A tune out of the movie "Star Wars - A new hope" beeped happily along until he answered it. After a few initial "yes", "hmmm" and "is that so?", his face took on a wild expression.

"WHAT! Is this confirmed with the scientifical community?"

A few more "yes" and "ah".

Commandante hung up and turned to Eochaid with a bewildered, yet strangely happy look on his face.

"Give me something funny with umbrellas on it, I have a happy message to relay."

Obviously puzzled, the bAARtender presented Commandante with a drink that looked like Elvis's "Rock-a-hula" with a drinking straw.

"Thanks." Commandante said, before turning to the crowd in the bAAR.

"My friends, it is official. A daring expedition traveling through the jungles of Central Africa, led by our esteemed colleague Storey, has encountered a flock of the wlak's African relative, the Central African knogo."

The bAAR burst into happy cheers and loud conversations ensued.

"All drinks are on the Royal Geographical Society!" Commandante shouted, before his voice was drowned out by the happy crowd.

Hawk swats a stack of books out of his way so he can get a clear look at the rest of the bAAR.

"Happy news? Happy? Are you mad? Legend has it that the knogo is twice as ugly as the wlak -- and four times as flatulent!"

With a harumph he lights a fresh cigar and leans back in his chair. "Just make sure Storey doesn't bring one back to show off. It already smells in this place." Hawk shoots a subtle glance at Lord Durham's back before returning innocently to his Redux labors.

Well, LD, if it weren't for the fact that my own AAR and that only-semi-imaginary land EUtopia were taking up a lot of my time, I would be glad to start writing for the Free Company. Problem be, I have another AAR to write after BFofK is finished...Maybe it's time for me to take an EUtopian vacation. (cocks sunglasses) Italy, here I come! (Stefano Stefani or whatever his name is informs HGI that he is a beer-swilling German)...correction, Vancouver, here I come! :D

*arilou teleports in*
I'd just like to mention that From Sea to Shining Sea finally has seen the swedes finish their mission... Sweden now stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific :)

(Hajji Giray watches Arilou teleport in)

Hey, that's a pretty neat trick, you'll have to show me how to do that sometime.

(starts reading his book again, but then)

I've been TRICKED!!!!!

(the whole bAAR looks up at him; he sheepishly glances over his shoulder at them)

Status
Not open for further replies.