• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having laughed his socks off reading the Prince Eugene's recommended AARs by Splangy, Gaijin realised that a question poped up in his now sober mind. He went over to Eochaid who was still fixing a Brainwasher for him between cleaning the clean glasses:

'Have you seen any game updates from Apebe recently?'

'Nope.' Eochaid blew something invisible from a pint glass, studied the ceiling lamps though it, shook his head, and resumed cleaning that same glass.

'I keep waiting for an update on Manet's rein but it does not seem to be coming. :( I am checking the last page of his AART is AART every day... :( and nothing... nothing...'

'Here, here, don't get so upset. This drink will help you kill the time as you keep waiting. He promised an update VERY soon.'

'Oh well...'

Just as Gaijin was about to order his second drink, a new face entered the baar. It belonged to Tresckow whos face still was showing exaltation. Emotioned he started to tell everyone of the fantastic exploits of young coronel Hess. Protagonist in Craigs A Pawn no more - The rise of Prussia. "My god, no AAR before kept me so yearning for more! When will Craig, this young Hemingway tell us more of young Hess deeds??? I cant bear it no longer!" Minutes passed and still he was telling the story he had read to everyone who wanted to hear it or not. Gaijin just tried desperetaly to ignore him, but this was only possible with much more alcohol. So he rapidly he ordered a bottled of his favourite Wodka.

Eochaid was cleaning the cappucino machine when Tresckow entered. The temporary bAARtender was always happy to see some new blood around the forum. Tresckow was apparently some advertising guy for A Pawn No Longer - A History of Prussia. And indeed it was a good AAR. Eochaid hadn't read it before, by lack of time or maybe because he hadn't noticed it amidst so many AARs running. But now he was gonna have a look at it... As soon as he'll have finished cleaning that damn glass.

And then their was Gaijin de Moscu, who actually was the only customer ever to order a second brainwasher. Maybe was it because he was Russian... Or maybe was it because he was a DRAGON? Well one never knew.
But at the moment the guy was missing Apebe, the AART guy. He didn't know where he'd gone. Yet after a quick inquiry, Secret Master had tought him a few spy tricks, Eochaid could calm Gaijin down.

"- Don't worry old boy! Apebe is still around. The word is on the street that he was last seen yesterday at 22:10 posting on the French EU2 forum.

- You're just saying that so I would cheer up!

- Of course not! Check this.

- Ow you're right!

- Of course I'm right! Now about your brainwasher addiction... You should try to cut it down. Have a nice "Baltica" instead. The beer of the Homeland. When you have your first gulp, it's like your walking down Arbat!"

Drinks being effered from all directions, Gaijin started to get worried. 'Will I get drunk again, and loose control, and turn into a Dragon at the dawn of the night, and scare people?' he thought. 'That will make Peter kick me out of the bARR for sure.'

'Hey Tresckow,' he said. 'Thanks for the Vodka. If you don't mind, I'll finish it tomorrow ;) You name sounds a bit Russian, or is it just me seeing things?'

'Hey Eochaid, thanks for looking after my mental health ;). But I would rather prefer to evoid... er... avoid Baltika... Their company was bought by the German guys from Bremen (Beck's) who was in turn bought by some Dutch fellows... does not taste Russian any more. Plus, I once drank a 12-pack of it's Black brand (kinda Guinness but stronger) :rolleyes: can't stand the smell either.

'I think I will occupy myself with MrT's Fellowship of the Kings... got a lot of catch up to do:)'

Gaijin munched on some dried squids that he kept producing from his back pocket and addedd pensively:

'Hmmm, and I am still pondering that Fields of Honour thing...'

The floor was still sticky in the bAAR when Norgesvenn returned on a cold Monday morning. Eochaid and Rictus had kept a clean ship in the weekend, and hopefully those people with abdominal pains and bad stomachs had been taught a lesson.

The AARs were many and there were so many good ones. He was particularly impressed by his countryman Jarlen av Juks' new AAR on Naples. Naples hadn't been done before, had it? And Jarlen had a novel approach on how to write dialogue.

AARtist Apebe was missing. A few "Missing" posters were hanged around the bAAR, and Norgesvenn considered creating a few labels saying "Missing persons:" for the beer bottles...

Sharur was still missing.

Norg brushed aside the Midnight Rose and a few other escapees from various AARs, including some grey eminence sitting in a corner.

It was another week. This week he felt sure he'd manage to type up something decent for his AAR.

Pondering over a beer, Tresckow sat on the bAAR. His mood had cooled down abit. After he ordered a beer, he spoke out his thoughts. "Why doesnt anyone try an AAR in which weak Württemberg is transformed into a super Power?! I sure would be interested!" He watched around but Gaijin sure was too hammered to think about that idea right now. So he turned again to his beer.

"Hi all, has anyone seen Duuk or Lt Tyler recently, I am missing both of their AARs...:(

And Eochaid, I am still waiting for a satisfying ending on yours.

Sligthly OT Norg, there is a very funny ad in the street of London those days, that could suits your bAAR as well:

<< Work is the curse of the drinking class... >>

Oscar Wilde"

:D

Cat

Sorcerer heard Tresckow's question, and replied:

"Why don't you try yourself?" ;)

Satisfied that the bAAR had returned to normal, or as close to normal that a virtual place would ever be, he sat down at his favourite table.

A couple of spots over he caught a line from a new patron, Tresckow, about the possibility of writing an AAR based on Württemberg. Idly, he wondered if there would be any takers, and sent the man a drink for his suggestion.

He sat back, pondering the words of Cat Lord. Where were Duuk and Lt Tyler? And for that matter Roland Decshain and King of Nines? Then, of course, there was the ongoing mystery of Sharur. He wondered if Secret Master was in the spy business, then decided the man had enough trouble keeping his disguise on straight.

He sent beers to Gaijin de Moscu, Cat Lord and Eochaid, just for the hell of it all...

The Secret Master opened the door to the bAAR and peered in. Things were very quiet, to the point where Peter was napping by the door. But the Secret Master's eyes were not upon Peter. They darted furiously around the place. He saw the sensual Midnight Rose, but ignored her. He glanced over Norg without a look of recognition. He barely acknowledged the existence of Sorcerer. Even Lord Durham did not get so much as a nod of his head as the Secret Master scanned the room. Finally, after a few minutes of frustration, he strode to the bar and ordered a Shiner Bock, before sitting down at Lord Durham's table with his cold beer.

"What's eating you, Secret?"

The Secret Master sighed.

"I was looking for some of the MIA forum members, but I came up with nada."

"Really? Nothing about Sharur?"

"Nope. I was hoping you knew something. I was all excited about his new AAR, but at this rate we will never see Sharur in solo action on an AAR. I hope nothing has happened to him, either in the health department or the parental rules department."

Lord Durham took a pull from Secret Master's beer.

"You have nothing about Duuk either?"

"Nada. I miss his work too."

Lord Durham looked skepticaly at the Secret Master.

"Is that all you miss?"

"Well... No, not really. I also miss their posts in my own work. It's kinda sad when two of your biggest fans suddenly turn up missing. It's like a conspiracy is working against me or something."

The Secret Master took a long pull from his own beer. Then he ordered one for Lord Durham, just so Lord Durham would keep his hands off the Shiner. Few had abused the Secret Master's Shiner Bock, and lived to tell the tale.

"Curse is the work of the drinking classes?".
"No, work is the curse of the drinking classes..."
"Really?"
"Didn't you know?"
"Oscar Wilde, was it?"
"Yes"

Norgesvenn was baffled. Oscar Wilde. Here in the bAAR? Then he finally understood.

<< Work is the curse of the drinking class... >>

Oscar Wilde"

New AAR ideas began to bubble in the Norwegians brain. "The Importance of Being <insert king/nation>". Plays. "The Kleves Menagerie".

Still, he'd have to keep up with some of the other AARs now.

Craig pulls up a chair next to the Secret One.

"Nice getup, CA." Craig was decked out in a rumpled, full length trenchcoat and fedora.

"I haven't been able to where the trenchcoat in public for a long time. Nice hood you got there."

"Thanks." Secret was making sure no one else got near his beer.

"Heard you're looking for a few AARthors that have been MIA."

Secret looked up. "Yeah."

"Got a little tip for ya. Sharur's new load at school is enough to scare my brother and he's a senior too - in college. Kid told me he was afraid school was going to cut into almost all his free time. If ya remember he was supposed to be a reviewer, just like you. Don't know how much that helps, but it's all I know."

Ariel walked into the bAAR.

"Ouch."

It was a nice little place. A little dingy, with a sort of strange, musty odour, but nothing he wasn't used to. After all, he did have a cat...

"Gimme a Balvenie. The Doublewood, or the Port Finish. Or the 30 year old, if you've got it. Make it a treble."

The drink arrived in a cut crystal glass, with just the correct splash of water to help release the complex flavours of the malt onto his palate. Lovely. He could see he was going to like it here.

So, he wondered, peering around the place. Who's in at the moment..?

"Ah... Ariel! It's been a while. You like the bAAR?", Norgesvenn said.

"Rictus' left for the Uni, so I suppose he won't be posting the 'For God, King and St. George' AAR for a while... I'm still here, though!"

Norg put a second drink in front of Ariel.

"Compliments of CA."

Craig waved the brit over.

"I had to give you a drink."

"Why is that?"

"Because you managed to get Dan to stop playing that infernal banjo. It's been like a 24 hour version of Hee Haw in here."

"Sounds like hell."

"No, in hell they play country music on acordians. It's like the polka version of Hee Haw. Oh and thanks for checking out my new AAR (link's in the sig)."

"No problem, mate, and thanks for the drink."

Last edited:
"Ahem... Craig?"
"Yeah, Norg?"
"You're not looking upon yourself as a newbie are you? I mean, you've already got two very good AARs going, and you're a key member in the Free Company..."
"I suppose not..."

"It's too bad about cliques or whatever. If I intimidate people with my postcount, and not my fiendish looks and rock hard pecs*, I'm a bit disappointed. Besides, my English not is good enough very all the time..."

Norgesvenn poured himself a cup of coffee, and lit an ill-smelling fag. Eochaid had been ordered to clean up the basement, as Rictus had forgotten his dirty laundry down there. "I wonder how the young one is faring at the University", Norg thought, before breaking into a coughing fit.

* Virtual Muscles (tm)

The former newbie turned FC enthusiast strolled up to the bar;

"hand me a Ringnes and a Gammeldansk, Please"

"I couldn't help to overhear what you said to CA, maybe newbieism is more of a state of mind?

And no, you don't intimidate anybody :D , Peter on the other hand...." :rolleyes:

V

"Ringnes? You're going... Norwegian? I thought you Danes only drank Tuborg and Carlsberg? I love those brands, Valdemar!". Norgesvenn looked flabbergasted by anyone ordering Ringnes.

"Sure! Norwegian beer isn't all bad..."

"Right. Care for a small Aalborg aquavit with your poisons? Anyway, I don't think we're that scary in this forum. And if we were, I'm sure someone would say so. I mean, we're all adults here. Well, Rictus isn't. And I'm adult merely age-wise... but... where was I? Oh, yeah... Don't hesitate to ask..."

I actually tried the bewerages the other way around last time I was in, Carlsberg and Linjeakvavit.

Ringnes is fine, it reminds me of winterhollidays when I was younger.

I don't think anybody is intimidating in a scary sort of way, more like making me a bit apprehensive about budding in, but I'm over it now just look at the FC thread :D

I actually like so much here (and there:) ) that I hardly get any work done.

By the way have you read splangy's newest AAR? Its hilarious. Not to mention CA's Greek Wrestling contest ;) Here have a Ringenes CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.