• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was vanilla 1.3. We play current campaign with a mod, custom rather limited mod. More info about it can be found here

Aye, this one was vanilla so we could see what we thought needed changing.
You don't always agree with someone elses mod, not that I fully agree with what we changed in the end :rofl:

Overview...

Chapter Twentytwo

27th of July 1942

Let's take a look at what's going over the world, I seem to have forgotten that japanese joined the war...

First we'll have to note that they tried taking Washington DC in a raid from Brazil, sadly this failed, and even more annoyingly, I have no screenshot of this/these west coast landings, nor a save game suitably timed..

But since I've been ignoring the asian situation so long, let's first take a look in the north, where in fact I think, the most advance japanese division have already been cut off (Japanese division did meet with a german light armor around urals, you'll see these mad dashes once we get to the end of this aar)
But in essence, Japan has created serious front up to surrounding Sinkiang.

image-FB55_4BC8FEF9.jpg

Starting the war with allies, they also took Guam and landed in Philippines and some other islands, and ofcourse advanced to india, but at this point that front is not so impressive even though siam has advanced a bit, so let's see the Philippines.

image-28AD_4BC8FEF9.jpg

In europe, situation in Italy is getting bad fast, this caused me to abandon the strike from maginot line and head to Italy in force.

image-5475_4BC8FEF9.jpg

Suprisingly, Greece did not fall yet, and Hungary is holding back the soviet horde.

image-837B_4BC8FEF9.jpg

Likewise up north, Soviets are not progressing much outside the greece front...

image-F766_4BC8FEF9.jpg

In west, allies have taken most of Ruhr area, but the line still holds.

image-2C80_4BC8FEF9.jpg

Human controlled countries were: France (until Vichy), UK, US, Canada (after Vichy), Australia (not all sessions), SU, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Japan (not regularly hence Japanese overall passivity).

Also, Spain was human controlled for a small part of its time. I believe it was under AI control at the time of its fall though.

Wow, great job Forgiven!

It doesn't really look good for you man..

Enewald: Diplomats, hmm, most were sent to east front with rifles few years ago, will see if some are still alive.

Cybvep: I've been out of manpower for months, and thus cannibalizing useless hq's/infantry to keep the strenght of panzers up. IC would have been, I think something like 175/250, but I didn't check this, will do when I write next update.

martijntien: They really are not able to, soviets, you see, were quite willing to lose the asia, they left it undefended to start with. And what's worse, it's real hell supplying anything up there as japan, so I doubt he could have put much more troops there even if he wanted to.

The rest; Cheers, I must confess that I was losing my optimism at this point.

Chapter Twentythree

26th of August 1942

After quite peaceful month on the main fronts, let's see...

Americans seek quick conclusion and attempt to capture the german high command with paratrooper attack, alas, they fail, when OKH puts up a good fight.

image-EC3A_4BCA284C.jpg

Hungary is busy reclaiming some of the romanian territory, I never realized they had troops to cover that long a front (about 100 infantry brigades when I checked, where did those come from...)

image-E5D4_4BCA284C.jpg

Greeks are still alive, this might be even more suprising, Athens has fallen afterall...

image-B7D0_4BCA284C.jpg

Von Bismark and von Schweppenburg attemp to relieve Rome, despite this situation looking like it'll succeed, the attempt is eventually doomed to fail.

image-2C14_4BCA284C.jpg

Bismark and Tirpitz, the old ones fought well, and new ships received the same name, attempt to break out of Kattegat again with some company, yet again failing against larger british fleet, but taking a few with them.

image-C67C_4BCA284C.jpg

Royal navy has another victory around Singapore against Japanese.

image-B444_4BCA284C.jpg

But IJN strikes back, if not cheaply, sinking some of the offenders.

image-C652_4BCA284C.jpg

(Not certain when these naval battles took place, but around this time. And German IC was 161/289 in august.)

After singapore, but before Papua (which apparently took place after 3rd october), IJN had left;
4 BC, 5 BB, 8 CV, 2 SHBB + lighter ships up to 97 total, and 3 additional BB's would be ready by december 1st, so they still have a fleet at least.

Edit; and since I know you'll ask, at same point in time;
USA; 17 BB, 6 CV, up to total of 155
UK; 7 BB, 7 CV, 2 BC, 3 CVL total of 89

Aye, I'd say japan has half the fleet of their competition, but who knows, load of those american BB's are ooold (since I'm looking at US save, I also see they have 5 CV's coming in early '43)

Last edited:
peterhoi3, gablouc; you're welcome. I hope to add bit more story content to next one, I just hope to finish this fast, so the next game would be fresher in memory when I write about it (2 sessions done now)

Enewald: my reserve, such as it can be called reserve, is those ~20 armored divisions constantly on offensive operations around map (maginot line, north germany, maginot line, now on it's way to italy to stop those americans)

And the plan is to strike back somewhere so they have to defend and won't have so much time to plan their own attacks, alas, resources are limited, I just cannot find the troops to take France back, not with Italy at brink of crumbling and with it soon to be south front, no manpower to build new ones, just not enough troops to push real offensive..

That one time in Italy.

Chapter Twentyfour

September 1942

While Rome had fallen, the German panzer still raced to stop the americans from reaching northern Italy, and Battle of Firenze would be one of the deciding battles in this defence:

On 7th, 5th Pz-Div had reached the almost beaten Italian division and managed to stop the american for a moment.

image-64B5_4BCB83F5.jpg

By 16th, German Mechanized division and fresh Italian division had joined the battle and turned the tide on Americans, despite the odds.

image-2561_4BCB83F5.jpg

3rd of October 1942

The line had been drawn and Americans had given up their efforts to break through.

image-F1A5_4BCB83F5.jpg

Instead, they launched another assault this time far in north, and quickly took Copenhagen. This forced quick issue of new orders to Guderian commanding the Italian expedition, to return to cover baltic sea coast and leave Italians to survive on their own, if Americans managed to get access to Baltic sea, the most certainly would try to land in the northern coast.

image-A03B_4BCB83F5.jpg

In Greece, Soviet divisions had been captured in a pocket (it's AI with some Italian assistance, I'm shocked)

image-C7BF_4BCB83F5.jpg

Japanese had captured Philippines, and landed on various other islands, not to mention progressing westwards in Burma alongside Siam.

image-75E2_4BCB83F5.jpg