+ Reply to Thread

Thread: posted on matrix

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

posted on matrix

Well, I am an old time tank sim, then armor warfare game player.. not too much, ok no, fps... and I really say the emersion factor is steller...
    This game has individual solders and tanks.. BUT you give orders as sqauds and platoons... easy mouse driven grabe and click features.. I at times save time with menu driven orders.. which are nice if you lose track of platoon X in company Y... and simply pull a big mouse sqaure over them and order .." attack here"

After the initial learning the menues.. this game plays really really well.. I hate nights cause I cannot see... I pull open the benolcular case and scope out the enemy areas... the absolute BEST thing is the ai behavior..
    I just strategically surronded an enemy with about 6 companies including some pz 4's.. the enemy had three t34's... so my 4 marders and 3 pnzers should do great right?
    Well, they spotted my halftracks before I could run away and hide.. killed one or two... some of the infantry and put a good delaying action against my other armor...
    ran into the best terreign.. and waited.. then tride ot punch it out.. after losing the second tank the third took off and only when it tride to help extricate some infantry did my force overwelm it.... I even had my Stukas mistake my attacking forces for the nearby enemy and one plane dropped on my tanks.. oops...

NEx tbid plus.. the damage is not generic... some time the tanks catch fire.. some times they really brew up, and not all look teh same.. I just had a t34 brew up after rear shots disabled it into the BEST fuel burning black dark cloud aroundthe tank... other times no fire at all... I was really impressed by the visuals....
    I thought they would be good after seeing the youtube stuff from the same company in the tank sim... BUT ever did I dream the ai would be as good as it is....
    Makes you really use combined forces and plan.. not a stupid game where the ai always charges at you...

The third thing after the impressive ai and graphics its the strategy in the turn based part... gives you the ability to reinforce, swap companies, have not figured that out... refuel and rearm and also move your forces on a larger map, gives meaning to the real time battles, a context ofthe larger picture..
    What is it missing?
    Content.. it has a lot of different campeigns but limited types of troops .. I would like to see more veriety of tanks and more armor on armor.. but I feel it is coming. and the price WOW

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

I would have to agree. Especially on the price.

I do have a tough time orienting myself though. I find it a lot harder to get around the battlefield than in TOW2, for example. It would be great if you could double-click on a unit symbol and the screen would zoom to the unit on the map.

Of course, I need to read the manual better as well.

God bless!

Agree.
    Rosseau, if you right click on squad icons on the upper right corner, the screen zoom on that unit.

Saluti!

No Longer a Linear Scale walrus's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Rosseau, if you right click on squad icons on the upper right corner, the screen zoom on that unit.
    You just made my life so much easier, thank you!
    Ask me about Anarcho-Stalinism!

And, if you left click on the message "Enemy contact", the screen zoom on spotted enemy, if you right click on the same message, the screen zoom on your spotted unit.

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Pride of NationsEuropa Universalis IV

the game is not intiutive for controls.. but after you get what they are, it really has great ease of play.. I am not fighting to find stuff.. worst case I raise the camara.. click on icons.. click on teh one in the upper right I am looking for and look around.. easy..

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

I was left-clicking on the upper-right icons instead of right-clicking. Thanks for the help.

You can also either L/click on the upper right icon or on the actual unit on the battlefeild THEN press Q twice & the view pans down right behind the unit at ground level.

+ Reply to Thread