• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can upload the next beta tomorrow, I just need to get rid of a nasty crash.

Here's the US leadership in late 1990 (when that scenario starts)

HoS/HoG: George H. W. Bush
Foreign Minister: James Baker
Armaments Minister: Nicholas F. Brady
Minister of Security: William H. Webster
Head of Intelligence: William H. Webster
Chief of Staff: Colin Powell
Chief of the Army: Carl E. Vuono
Chief of Navy: Frank B. Kelso II
Chief of Air Force: Merrill A. McPeak

You can write events for Yugoslavia-related, you seem to be experienced with the nation.
Phoenix, thank you.

It's Phalanx :p

AoD would rather crash than load my election events. I sent you some of the ministers I've done. They are still tuned to 1936 and the WW2 scenario definitions, but thats just a minor change for later.

Here's the (always subject to change) Perot cabinet.

perotcabinet.png

For the US, Secretary of State is the Foreign Minister, Secretary of the Treasury or Chairman of the Federal Reserve is the Armaments Minister, Intelligence guys are the head of the FBI (Although when Bush is its the CIA since that was his former job), and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is the Chief of Staff

You can use ministers from Yugoslav Wars mod for this mod if you want:)
Do you have any for them or nothing?

And please could you answer my question if there will be liberation wars in Yugoslavia?

I know almost nothing about the history of Yugoslavia. If these liberatiOn wars can be modeled in the game, I will include them. I just have to read a bit about them first.

If you want to know some history read the description in the front page of the thread of Yugoslav Wars;)

I have minister pictures for all liberation countrys;)

Yeah, Hax's advertising YW everywhere he can...:) so sneaky he is:)

Ok, SPOILERS on the 1992 US Elections Events:

Historically, many pundits believe that Perot being in the race siphoned enough votes from Bush to give the win to Clinton. The historical match-up has Clinton with the odds but not absolute. Without Perot in the race I have Bush with better AIChance than Clinton.

Now things get tricky. If Tsongas had won the Democratic primary, Bush probably would have made some sort of gaff on Tsongas's health (he was a cancer survivor in the days before Lance Armstrong etc.) Indeed, Tsongas wouldn't have lived out his term had he been elected (he had a remission and died in early 1997). That, coupled with a strong financial message, I have Tsongas with the odds in both cases (if Perot isn't running, he endorses Tsongas).

Then we come to Buchanan and Jerry Brown. Both radicals on either ends (Buchanan a hard-right social conservative and isolationist, Brown a left-liberal running on a populist reform theme). If Brown wins the Democratic Primary, its a tossup between Bush, Perot, and Brown. Without Perot, Bush has an aichance=70. Buchanan does very poorly except against Brown, where Perot is able to rise above the fray with aichance=45, and without Perot in the race it gets split 50-50.

Of course, this is all aichance data. A US player can do whatever they want. One of the reasons Bush did poorly in 1992 is he focused his election on foreign policy, at a time where the Soviet Union was gone and the Middle-East was stable. If there's war and the Soviets are still in power in 1992, A historical-reasonable player should go with Bush in 1992.

If Tsongas, Clinton, or Brown win in 1992, in November 1994, if the US is at peace they will get an event with ~5 dissent, as the Republicans take back the US House for the first time in 40 years and stop the President's agenda.

For the US, Secretary of State is the Foreign Minister, Secretary of the Treasury or Chairman of the Federal Reserve is the Armaments Minister, Intelligence guys are the head of the FBI (Although when Bush is its the CIA since that was his former job), and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is the Chief of Staff

I'd have to quibble a little bit with you there. The Minister of Security should be FBI, sure, but the Minister of Intelligence should not, and should instead be CIA (or NSA depending on your view of the two). Also, IMHO, while the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be Chief of Staff, the Chief of Staff of the Army should be head of the Army (forget exactly what they call it). In 1990, that means Carl E. Vuono ought to have that position.

Don t worry thing will get sorted out and more specific remember this is beta also for basic infantry with the tech tree we have that's 12 techs to space out so the further we date units eventually we'll get really scifiish And im still learning how to do things I have the buttons set up that way atm so I can see about what years we want that particular tech being researched normally. ASlso currently I have early Cold War set at 1952 mid cold war at 1966 and late cold war at 1982.

Those dates look a bit messed up to me, because they correspond to equipment (in some cases) that just isn't used very much anymore. I would really have to see proposed models before reacting, though.

About the timeframe: I just extended it out to cover a reasonably long span (which seemed to be about 30 years). It can be contracted as necessary (and in fact as you can see from my names I was starting to have a hard time thinking of new things by 2004!)

And remember, we don't have to use every available model, or we can split a single model set into two parts to cover two eventualities. For example, with your cavalry question, we could split the cavalry models into two parts, one representing armored cav, the other air cav. Say, 6 for each.

So in other words the cores are given based solely on claims.

I am sorry, but this means a lot of provinces with no resistence, no partisan activity lowering TC and FULL IC to use.

Even vanilla HoI isn't so generous, but if this is the policy of this mod then fine, but it is hard to accept that territories with c.15 million people can be annexed just like that.

You can add claims on Austria, 'the Sudetenland', Kaliningrad, Luxemburg, Slovenia, southern Denmark and eastern France almost just as well.

of course I know what was the legal status of those territories in western Poland in light of western german constitution but that is all. Granting those cores ignores everything else (from Tehran to Willy Brandt) so in this respect it is like with old medieval acts of law still present in the Common Law in Great Britain. It might be perfectly legal according to some of them to shoot a Welshman approaching the gates of the city, but just try to find somebody actually killing one.

Cores represent areas where you can expect less resistence, for example because your countrymen are numerous enough. That is my understanding.

I see it will be different in this mod. The choice of course is yours.

Fortunatelly mods are for free, contribution voluntary and noone has to play them. Realism is also optional.

actually in the real world Claims can count for a lot, Wars have been fought over claims before. Hell Hitler came to power and gained popularity over the pressing of claims. Claims on areas that previously have belonged to someone else have been Caus Belli going back as long as there have been wars. Unfortunatly the only way with they way the engine works for Germany to demand those areas, and follow an a historical path is for Germany to have a claim on those areas. Also the devs don't always follow the logic of what you say cores are. If that was so then German should be fighting dissent in Prague after the ending of Czechoslovakia.

Last edited:
I'd have to quibble a little bit with you there. The Minister of Security should be FBI, sure, but the Minister of Intelligence should not, and should instead be CIA (or NSA depending on your view of the two). Also, IMHO, while the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be Chief of Staff, the Chief of Staff of the Army should be head of the Army (forget exactly what they call it). In 1990, that means Carl E. Vuono ought to have that position.

True. This more to your liking as a Bush 1992 cabinet? The Bush 1990 Cabinet is a few posts earlier (still working on images/ministers for that)

bushcabinet.png

True. This more to your liking as a Bush 1992 cabinet? The Bush 1990 Cabinet is a few posts earlier (still working on images/ministers for that)

bushcabinet.png

Dick Cheney was Sec Def James Baker was Secretary of State.

Dick Cheney was Sec Def James Baker was Secretary of State.

I know. I figure he would get a promotion. Baker actually left the Secretary of State's office to be Bush's Chief of Staff late in 1992 (before the election). I don't think Lawrence Eagleburger was considered a permanent replacement.

Wasn't able to Finish tonight ill be posting a look at the full beta Version of the whole Infantry Tech tree tommorow. Would have been faster but for some reason the relative Tech areas that need to be changed are spread across 3 Csv files :wacko: plus whats i have to change in the DB files.

Also I have a request were going to need pictures of Various Combat type vehicles for example need 12 Different pictures for foot slogging infantry (and that just the picture for researching the tech) So if anyone has a picture of some Nato or Warsaw pact unit in action that they want to contribute by all means.

Rather than constantly posting updates I think I'll keep a log of where my contributions stand: Updated April 5th, 2010

1992 US Election Events: 15/15 Completed
1996 US Election Events: 6/29 Completed
2000 US Election Events: 0/3 Completed
2004 US Election Events: 0/10 Completed

US Ship Retirements (1990-2000): Planning Stages

USA Ministers: 73 Completed, but needs more alternate ministers to fill out 1990-2000 period
USA Military Leaders: 55 identified, 20 Near Complete, over 150 total planned for 1990-2010 period

USA Tech Teams: 5 New Teams Done; Hoping to Implement 80% of MDS Tech Teams

Iraqi Ministers: Still identifying, unresolved bug w/ AoD keeps all but Saddam from working

German Ministers: 5 Completed, still trying to find good sources.

Last edited:
New beta is being uploaded. It takes one hour more (stupid 300mb file and slow upload... sigh).

I'm creating more events.

Last edited: