• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
The Broken Star
0.4 Download

The Broken Star is a mod I've created. It starts in October 1990, when Eastern and Western Germany was unified, marking the last years of the Soviet Union. From this event, Soviet Union slowly collapses - or reincarnates. Currently there is only one scenario, the 1990 one, but when it's ready, I intend to do an earlier (198x, maybe) and a later version (similar to MDS, starting from 200x). The scenarios run until 9999, December 31. So it has no time limit, which gives you the chance to run any scenario you want (without needing to worry "Now I have less time"). Killerrabbit allowed me to use events, flags and other material from his Modern Day Scenario II mod for HoI2.

This timeline should be very interesting to play, since there are many ahistorical possibilities in addition to the historical ones: What if Yugoslavia never broke, What if the Soviet Union forced Germany back to the Warsaw Pact, what if the European Union was never born?

Rough map of Europe. I haven't touched Africa yet, and therefore it still has some colonial provinces. I'm also not 100% sure about the Soviet-Polish border, but I think it's approximately right (maybe 1-3 provinces wrong).
I also changed Germany's color to the same it is in MDS, because it was a new Germany, who doesn't deserve a Gray, WW2 Germany's color.

Here are the military alliances:

liitot.jpg

EU starts as empty, since the game will later feature events that allow certain nations like France or Germany to either stay in NATO or join the EU (too bad AoD doesn't allow nation in multiple alliances).
I've also done two ministers for testing purposes (more to come later): Mikhail Gorbachev and Mauno Koivisto. Here's Gorbachev:

gorba.jpg

Crappy JPEG compression.
Okay, so right now I need volunteers, who either provide some information or mod certain things (like a specific nation's file, then posts it to me).

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:

- Techteams
- National descriptions
- Ministers
- Leaders
- Events

Crew:
Tuore - Mod Leader, overall modding
guy_montag - tech teams, events and ministers, specifically for Italy
Haru Yo Koi - China-related information
kiahoga - Event suggestions
Sintetik - Russia-related
RedPhalanx - Election events

Additional thanks to:
Zimon - For his resource icons
Killerrabbit and the MDS team - allowing me to use certain events and flags
nomonhan - Extended tech team.
Titan79 - Supply & Oil meters

Last edited:
EU and NATO might as well be the same thing.

All of western is NATO after all and you can't be in more then one alliance.

TBH you could just leave them as the "allies" and include Japan, South Korea and Australia/NZ, since the ANZUS treaty and US obligations to SK and Japan pretty much put them in the same block.

EU and NATO might as well be the same thing.

All of western is NATO after all and you can't be in more then one alliance.

TBH you could just leave them as the "allies" and include Japan, South Korea and Australia/NZ, since the ANZUS treaty and US obligations to SK and Japan pretty much put them in the same block.

Hmm. I wonder if we could use the EU slot for some kind of Arab union...?

I can help you with whatever you need about Greece and Cyprus.

Thanks, I need 1990 leaders, what about their possible sliders?

Any chance for EU unification chain? :p

Any chance for EU unification chain? :p

If you mean unifying it, MDS style, then yes. Killerrabbit gave me the rights to use any MDS events.
I will also use the nuke event from MDS, so that if things are going bad or enemies use nukes, you're allowed to do so too.

I can help with South American ministers and events if you'd like.

That would be nice.

If nothing else, then you guys can just post some good nation descriptions. But I would really need someone who could create events or modify a nation.

if there isn't someone who knows better than me how to do this, i will be happy to contribute with italian things..

anyway this mod sounds very good to me!

Okay, since I'm really putting a lot of effort in this, I must ask: How many is interested to help? In any way? You guys can do almost anything from posting battle pictures to modding a whole country. Even possible techteam names are appreciated. So far I've almost done new technology NAMES and years (not the actual tech effects), corrected European provinces, corrected China, and so on.
But I would need some list of for example Soviet Union's ministers in 1990.

And what do you think, should we use an MDS styled Eastern and Western armours?

I also updated the first post.

Last edited:
I knew it!
Anyway, you could provide Italian ministers, Italian techteams, Italian leaders.

this evening i will start researching italian cabinet of 1990-1992-1994-1996-2001..after i think we can use MDS ministers
but, what about the ID's? shall i use the ones of MDS or not?

for country description, china(PRC)- after the civil war, the communist took control, for having bad relationships with western civilization, it isolates it self. and for having some political events like the "cultural revolution" left the country in chaos. chairman mao ze tung wants spread communism to the world, and it's relations with soviet union(USSR) got worse and worse in the 1970's, and then china starts to negociate with us and other western countries, and when Deng Xiao Ping took control, he starts to make economic reforms, china's economic starts to rise, china has became a capitalist country, but not yet a democracy.

this evening i will start researching italian cabinet of 1990-1992-1994-1996-2001..after i think we can use MDS ministers
but, what about the ID's? shall i use the ones of MDS or not?

I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.

for country description, china(PRC)- after the civil war, the communist took control, for having bad relationships with western civilization, it isolates it self. and for having some political events like the "cultural revolution" left the country in chaos. chairman mao ze tung wants spread communism to the world, and it's relations with soviet union(USSR) got worse and worse in the 1970's, and then china starts to negociate with us and other western countries, and when Deng Xiao Ping took control, he starts to make economic reforms, china's economic starts to rise, china has became a capitalist country, but not yet a democracy.

Thanks!

I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.
i've done the cabinets 1990-2006...how can i upload the file?

Use a site like filefront, or send them to my email, which is tuorexx@hotmail.com.

i'll send you by email, there are only official cabinets, for the alternatives it will take longer; so it's not definitive, feel free to do any changes you like!

sended! XD