+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Priority targets and FO's

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Priority targets and FO's

Two gameplay related questions:

1/ How do the FO teams relate to the onboard artillery batteries?
    We have more FO's teams than we have batteries. Are they supposed to be connected to off board batteries?
    How about the artillery batteries that are on the map - can the attached FO's call in indirect fire from them while they are on a 3D battlemap?

2/ How do you assign priority targets?
    I cannot figure it out... click the button, then rightclicking a target does nothing, nor does left clicking...

Sergeant
    Achtung Panzer

As for #2, I think the target has to be in sight. When it is, the unit should only fire at the enemy unit you right clicked on....I think this is correct.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    For #1. Artillery spotters spot for units which are off-map. The batteries you take into a battle don't lose any ammo when you call in artillery support.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Valar View Post
    Two gameplay related questions:

1/ How do the FO teams relate to the onboard artillery batteries?
    We have more FO's teams than we have batteries. Are they supposed to be connected to off board batteries?
    One spotter = one offmap battery.

How about the artillery batteries that are on the map - can the attached FO's call in indirect fire from them while they are on a 3D battlemap?
    There are no need for spotter with artillery on map - they can be controlled by user with "fire ground" button.

2/ How do you assign priority targets?
    I cannot figure it out... click the button, then rightclicking a target does nothing, nor does left clicking...
    It's not right clicking, but selection region while holding mouse button, like own units selection. All enemy units in region will be marked as prior ( press space to view marked units ).

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dima12345 View Post
    It's not right clicking, but selection region while holding mouse button, like own units selection. All enemy units in region will be marked as prior ( press space to view marked units ).
    hehe I was using it wrong all along. Thx for details

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Thanks for answering those questions.

A word of warning when using onboard 105mm artillery: the trajectory is quite flat and if not careful you'll hit something... I can mention a church tower with own troops inside it = entire squad wiped out when the church collapsed and started burning.

I love this game

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

That's funny, Count. In seems in every battle, there are one or two memorable vignettes. Glad it's just a game, though!

Also, great help on those targeting question. I should really stop playing and read the manual.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima12345 View Post
    Thanks, that clears it up

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Thanks for answering those questions.

A word of warning when using onboard 105mm artillery: the trajectory is quite flat and if not careful you'll hit something... I can mention a church tower with own troops inside it = entire squad wiped out when the church collapsed and started burning.

I love this game
    Crap! I haven't used Artillery observer yet, thanks for the INTEL...I will be more careful and watch out for churches!

+ Reply to Thread