• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really was looking forward to the loss and inflicted loss stats page, thats pretty much it for AOD.

So I am really interested in converting it over if its possible.

I am not interested in money (unlike some others).
AOD advertisement campaign claimed HOI2 mods were easily convertible.
But they are not. And since I have other plans, I am not going to waste my precious time with AOD.
Yet I can promise you that I am still working on WIF.

HOI3 is a dog, don't try to fix it.

Who will take up the mantle? Who will convert the best mod for HOI2 to the best version of HOI2? Maybe at least the AI files or something?

Somebody?

Please...

Haha I am not going to work on HOI3, don't worry. :)
If some are REALLY eager to help me on WIF2 (which mostly includes extensive testing of new features, it's basically like beta testing), you can send me a PM or email.

Here are a few reasons why I think your next project should be for AoD:

# Its supported by active Developers, that will probably listen to requests if they are reasonable and make sense.
# Its new features allow for many times more indepth economic and production game (money is useful!)
# It got much more modding possibilities that HoI2 do.

Last edited:
Huge fan of your mod FT.

I am stuck between playing WiF and AoD atm as both have elements I consider "must have" ( this causes no end of grief to me as both have differnet play styles required ").

I would love to help out but I have absolutely no idea how.

I am keeping a close eye on this thread.

Am I alone in wanting this? CORE is a bit crappy ( no offense).

I play for single player... Once I have completed the russian phase I don't know what to do.

I am by no means an expert ( furious is great for attacking AI but just means they lose many troops)

Single player game needs special AI scrpits ( which WiF tries to do)

DAIM is too generic.

I want specific ( I am Germany..come get some...make me hurt)

I know AI can never compete fairly but it can be programed to try.

e.g sealion should be freakin hard in 39-40

p.s I love event driven ideas.... I wish there was whole tree's of the crap which I might never use depending on my choices.

P.s FT I really know nothing about AI scripting and the game. I depend on you and those who help to realise the potenial of my game.

PPs. I am actually looking into how to mod because of your efforts ( it looks so simple... )

HOI3 is a dog, don't try to fix it.

Who will take up the mantle? Who will convert the best mod for HOI2 to the best version of HOI2? Maybe at least the AI files or something?

Somebody?

Please...

+1 brother. I fear all the modders are ignoring AOD and just working on HOI3 which is really laggy for me.

I never played WiF, but it looks impressive. I heard (well, I read!) lots of good things on it too over the month. Only good things. I'm a long term HOI 1-2 fan, now hooked on AoD, which is an awesome HOI mod. I simply did not bother to play HOI3.

I hope I'll see the day where I'll be playing WiF on AoD, since it seems lots of deep work went into WiF.

Since I'm semi-useless at coding, I'm willing to help by doing beta testing. :cool:

Question: is WiF good in multiplayer mode?

Fernando, I think it will happen - someone will work its way through. Maybe not you, since like you mentioned several time, you're too busy - but I'm confident someone will rise!:p

I really wish I was a modder so that I could take this on myself. I have time to mod but no time to learn in-depth how to mod like this. At least not before the slave drivers send me off again.

im taking a break from AOD and gonna reinstall hoi2 with this mod. Time for a challenge :cool:

im taking a break from AOD and gonna reinstall hoi2 with this mod. Time for a challenge :cool:
After you've done it, tell us how does it feel to play without all the new features of AoD... not to mention pause on spacebar, zoom with mousewheel and adaptable resolution ;) (seriously: I'm eager to know your impressions).