• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After you've done it, tell us how does it feel to play without all the new features of AoD... not to mention pause on spacebar, zoom with mousewheel and adaptable resolution ;) (seriously: I'm eager to know your impressions).

And in a few weeks, you will be the one telling us how it does feel to play WIF with these kinds of features. ;)

After you've done it, tell us how does it feel to play without all the new features of AoD... not to mention pause on spacebar, zoom with mousewheel and adaptable resolution ;) (seriously: I'm eager to know your impressions).

I'm already past this point since a few weeks and must say, that a balanced game with a sound AI (not a good one mind you, but one that still "makes sense"), with a good unit naming system (names determined on unit completion), supported by a plethora of top-class mods outweighs the loss of a few features by far.

Well it was fun. Lots of flavour compared to AOD.

But it doesnt have:
zooming in and out with the mouse wheel
cant change how many units are being build on a serial build (once you set it in the construction page your stuck with it). Before i played AOD i never used serial builds, but for some reason i used them when going back to HOI2.
The AI seems to be about the same, thoe i think the WIF AI might have the advantage but im guessing thats because its scripted better. Hopefully patch 1.05 enhances the AI a bit.
Also there are no notifiers in the top left that let you know when your not using all your tech teams, or when you can move your slider.

The biggest missing feature is victory or valhalla which i think is the most important new feature in AOD. It turns day long battles into month long battles. Especially fun to use as USSR when trying to grind down German tanks, when you have numerical supremacy + changing tired units with fresh ones.

I never really used space bar for pausing in AOD, and my resolution isnt that big of a deal for me. Although i do with like the 1024 resolution in AOD.

Last edited:
LOL I think it's not really fair to compare AOD and WIF. :)
In few words, why? I never had the chance to play WiF... although in the past and to date I've read only positive comments about your mod

Because on one hand you have a mod that works with limitations and on the other you have a game of its own that does not have any limitations except the imagination of its creators.
That's fine. Now it seems, though, like things are going to change a bit, isn't it? ;)