We just released the following pressrelease!
Check out the release trailer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5xJEKUnJ4
What do you think?
Achtung Awesome! Rockin’ Trailers Celebrate the Release of Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943
NEW YORK – February 25, 2010 – Paradox Interactive today announced the release of Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, Graviteam and Snowball Studios’ World War II strategy game with a tremendous focus on battlefield realism. The game is now available from most major digital distributors, including GamersGate and Impulse and select digital distributors are offering 15% off the game’s $19.99 price until March 3.
Two videos have been released to celebrate the game’s release, with the first combining the explosive music of Swedish industrial metal band, Raubtier, with an equally explosive gameplay montage. The second offers a further glimpse at the game’s focus on realism, taking viewers to the Kharkov region featured in the game and demonstrating the team’s commitment to visual fidelity.
Both videos can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/paradoxplaza
Join the Achtung Panzer fan page on Facebook where 5 copies of the game will be given away to fans at the end of the day.
For more info, visit www.paradoxplaza.com and visit www.raubtier.se for more information about Raubtier.
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Main Features:
- Great replayability and flexible AI behaviour: “smart” AI analyses tactical movements of player and chooses the best strategy based on opponents’ behaviour, rather than following scripts. It allows players to complete the same scenarios using different tactics as if playing with human player.
- Painstaking landscape reconstruction of Kharkov region in scope and size
- Thorough re-creation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile trajectories or number of crew, were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
- Dynamic change of day & night, and weather effects that affect combat – terrain passableness, visibility on the battlefield, disguise abilities of all forces, etc.
- Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield until the end of the scenario.
- Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
- Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
- Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue and morale that affect his behaviour and effectiveness.
- Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.