• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462738

That thread has an ongoing discussion and posted pictures of missing support brigade graphics. Plenty of assualt gun and railway gun pictures there.

krss15 said:
You could look for the French Surcouf (NN 3) or the Japanese I-400 Submarines.

There are Wikipedia articles for both of them as well as several pictures (mostly b&w) on Google.

Hope that helps ...

Thanks, guys!

Now I've seen the thread, their good work and the devs that would put it in the patch, so don't think it's necessary to add it, but if I'll go ahead and start making some nation specific division/brigade pictures, I've got an excellent place to start, thanks!

Also, I'd be most grateful if there's anything you (the community) would like to have fixed, revised or added? May it be alternative flags (for already existing nations that is, don't have time for a special request thread unfortuantley), new ledgers or missing tech images or poor event pictures.

Everything is welcome, everything will be considered and most of it will probably be done!

It would be nice to have a more distinct colorized terrain map, more pastel less bright. I find it hard to distinguish plains/desert and plains/hills.

I take it I can use Skiff DD and GIP .09 with no issues? Have not stopped to install them yet.

Oops my second question was just in relation to plugging into vanilla AoD and not your mod, I was just being lazy and did not take the time from playing to check the folders and files. After looking at all the pics in AoD vs GIP I have stuck with the B/w for the most part.

Thanks for the update.

At this point there are really only 2 main things that stand out for me (Graphic wise)

The map colors, which I believe is a WIP, and the counters. Is it possible for the counters to be redone for higher resolution? This is just a general question as I know it entails a bit more work.

The map colors, which I believe is a WIP, and the counters. Is it possible for the counters to be redone for higher resolution? This is just a general question as I know it entails a bit more work.

You mean that you would like bigger counters? Hmm. That's probably hardcoded, but I can try and see if it works at least.

And yes, the map colors are a work in progress. Having a though time figuring out the colorscales.csv, but otherwise, I'll ask for early WIF mod or TRP if I may use their with some custom modifications based on the feedback from me, myself and I. And some from you all of course.

And now when the mod reached 100+ downloads (hehehehe), could some one care to take a moment and make a list of a couple of flags to make: may it be historical, alternative (like German naval ensign) or almost historical for AOD existing nations, I'd give it a go.

Btw, anyone knows if the new nations made up by the tech teams mode (which were they again) have gotten flags, shields and counters?

You mean that you would like bigger counters? Hmm. That's probably hardcoded, but I can try and see if it works at least.

I just meant the resolution of the current Counters seems a bit blocky and now that AoD supports higher resolutions I thought it might be possible for the existing counters to get a makeover for higher resolutions, but keep the current size. I guess the counter symbols seem to need the most attention. Its not that big of a deal though, just a thought.

this mod needs:

Bebro sprites

Dr rare sprites

Zhuvo sprites

Skif Icons for all nations

Sexxy Colors

But... They aren't in line of current AOD theme, which this mod aims to do, improve current grahpic within the current theme. Not replace current theme.

Why? Because I think there are three teams of players out there.

1. Those who don't like the fancy graphic made by the community (like SKIF, GIP, etc.)
2. Those who don't like the vanilla graphic
3. Those who enjoy both

I'm one of those who like boths. I surely played more with SKIF than original unit pictures, but I don't think most of those who buy AOD will actually come here, download a graphic pack, so my aim is to:

- Enchance graphic and if its considered good enough, to be included in a patch, so that nearly all player will get the enchaned look (if someone could say my humble work actually enchanes anything hehehe)
- "Fix" gfx things so we (the community) don't have to wait for a patch i.e. missing/corrupted flags in current AOD release
- Add custom content that cant or wont be in the game or an offical patch, because different reason (lack of time, interst, laws, etc) like alternative flags, shields, counters, skins, etc

Sexxxicolors is a special case though, because that really improves the colorscale by far, but compare the much more darker and less colorful AOD compared to HOI2 and suddenly its as bright as HOI2 vanilla map was, so I'm currently redoing the colorscales to be darker and less colorful, but it was harder than I thought so it will surely take some time.

Lastly, the people behind these mods, like Dr Rare, kristoff, Bebro, Atruejedi, etc all put lots and lots of effort into their work; research, doing, etc and it would be rather unfair (even though I think I was to be allowed to use their content because it's such a great and generous spirit within the hoi-community) to include their very hard work into something that took me about an evening to do, but I'll surely link and most certainly recommend their great work who I've really enjoyed throughout the years!

Well i have only glanced at sexxicolors and WIF, but i remember my origan impression of sexxicolors: ( a few years back)
- This looks wrong :p

WIF on the other hand seemed more natural with the colors - however i have only glanced at both, so i wouldnt take my word with any weight.

The devs said they might look into making it possible to give every country a different RGB color. In anticipation of that I'm going to adapt the colorscales so each country has it's own distinctive color. That and an initial colorscales which only has unique colors for the major countries would be a great addition to this mod I think. If it comes out looking good would you include it?

The devs said they might look into making it possible to give every country a different RGB color. In anticipation of that I'm going to adapt the colorscales so each country has it's own distinctive color. That and an initial colorscales which only has unique colors for the major countries would be a great addition to this mod I think. If it comes out looking good would you include it?

If that's would be possible and the terrain, supplies, etc are seperated by being "plains color", "urban color", "highly supplied" colored instead as it is now, in supply are hard coded to "green" etc, I would of course make and include such a mod!

I'm posting the map mod I've been using for HoI2 so far.

# Geographical map: (not done by me, taken somewhere in the forums) displays correct colors, as seen on a real map (well, more or less :) ). On my side, though, I've changed the colour of urban provinces from yellow to a bluish one (the one used for France in political mode).

# Political map: here OTOH I've tried to make sure that no other country has the same color as the majors (so i.e. only Germany will be gray). I've modified some of the colours to a more MB Axis&Allies style (UK is light brown, USA is dark green); also, tweaked the shades a bit (i.e., URSS' red is no longer so eye-shocking as well as Japan's yellow).

You need to use both files to get it as I intended it to be. IMHO it's a great enhancement over the original HoI2 - and AoD - map. However, there's a small problem I'd like the devs to solve, if possible: the new colors alter supply map mode's tonalities of yellow. It would be great to keep them while having the new look for the geographical map.

Country.csv goes to ...\AoD\db.

Colorscales.csv goes to ...\AoD\map.

BACKUP both the original files first!!!

Edit: I guess some of you think that having a couple screenshots would be cool; well you're right :) :

Attachments

• Map colors.rar
    2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Titan79 @ Thank you for your help but in my opinion, it's way to bright for me (especially the lighred (like CZE), darkblue (NOR) and lightgreen (ITA), so I won't include it or I'll include it, later on, together with the colorscales of SMEP (sexxicolors), TRP, CORE, Mod33 and WIF colorscales, if I'm allowed and if someone, with a better Internet connection than me could send me or post here those colorscales. The files I would need in order to include are:

1. AOD / map / colorscales.csv

&

2. AOD / db / country.csv

Many thanks if one could help me! Due to my internet connection, it's impossible to download all those big mods just for two 3 kb's file.

Anyway, a new versions ready:

MGM 0.20

Code:
# Minor Graphics Mod (MGM)
# Version: 0.20
# Note: Kudos to: 

1. Included tech teams for the new nations (plz, see below) from the tech team mod (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462691). Great work guys!
2. Atruejedi and his SMEP from which I've stoled the generic minister- and leaders .csv. For all the enjoyment throughout the years, thanks!
3. To Titan79 for and whoever made the colorscale!

- Added a new colorscale and revised countrycolors
- Added Communist Ukraine (CKR), Free France (FFR), Communist Yugoslavia (CYU), British India (BIN), Vietnam backed by USA (AVI) and Catalonia (CAT)
- Made them releasable (in revolt.txt)
- Added minister- and leaderlist with shadows for now (pls, help me with finding ministers and leaders for a future patch!)
- Added flags and shields for the new nations
- Replaced the censored German eagle with the real one for "ethnic nationalism" in culture.

Please note, I'm not at my gamecomputer (and thus, haven't tested them yet) so please feel free to check if they work or not. For next patch, I'll add them as intristic nations, i.e. only a communist state can release a Communist Ukraine, only a democracy can release Free Franace etc.

Also, a work in progress will be to replace the generic leaders and ministers for the newly added nations, but I don't have time to start doing reserach for those and I do think that if you would only help with one list, or even with only one name, it would help and we can have acceptable ministers and leaders list within a couple of days. Thans for all potienal help!

Oh, almost forgot, here you can download:

http://www.filefront.com/15723733/MGM020.rar

You're welcome, TeutonburgerW.

BTW, maybe you could lend me a hand with that? If you're accustomed with map color editing, could you tell me how to keep my geographic colorscale - but without messing up with AoD's new supply map shades? Thanks a lot!

Great Britain... is blue.

What?

Britain always has been and always will be either red or pink :mad:

That's why I made it optional. :p

I forgot to to rename in an earlier version, so it actually replaced current countrycolors, but it's fixed now. And I'll try to find them a good red or pink color shade with my new colorscale, but damn, the current color is ugly. :cool:

Well i have only glanced at sexxicolors and WIF, but i remember my origan impression of sexxicolors: ( a few years back)
- This looks wrong :p

WIF on the other hand seemed more natural with the colors - however i have only glanced at both, so i wouldnt take my word with any weight.

Yes, earlier WIF version was really nice. As well as TRP and Mod33. Much darker and less glossy. But compared to vanilla, sexxicolors looks really good, me think. :p

But bright, glossy colors won't ever fit an WW2 game. :)

My dream is to make a real, geographical (like NASA ma, Google earth, etc )layer that's applied on all map and another layer is included over the four layers that comprimise the map now: like a 50% transparent colorlayer, so that you can see that Soviet Union is red AND the geomap at the same time...

Gosh, I really wish I could programm when i daydream on stuff like that. :D

Sorry guys but i can't release British India ... do you known why ? I start a new 1936' scenario with the UK but in the list of releaseable nations the BIN doesn't appear ... what it's the problem ?

Still not home and thus, I can't check. Anyone downloaded it and saw if I missed something?

Also, I added the new nations with the abbrevations BIN, CKR, etc. and that should work now, because we won't have to use the U00-U99, correct?

Check back tomorrow and I'll fix it someone elses doesn't care to post a hotfix.

I like your new political map color (I love Axis and Allies!) Though, not so sure about the terrain pesonally. Plains being green...well there's just A LOT of green and I'm just not sure if that's the color for it, maybe I'm too familiar with white? Regardless I'll stick with it and see if it grows on me.

Also, a work in progress will be to replace the generic leaders and ministers for the newly added nations, but I don't have time to start doing reserach for those and I do think that if you would only help with one list, or even with only one name, it would help and we can have acceptable ministers and leaders list within a couple of days. Thans for all potienal help!
Hm... for Catalonia, ARMA-CWE's Catalonia could be a starting point. Maybe you could ask Nomonhan if you could use it?
Sorry guys but i can't release British India ... do you known why ? I start a new 1936' scenario with the UK but in the list of releaseable nations the BIN doesn't appear ... what it's the problem ?
IIRC, doesn't the UK have cores on India in 1936? That would stop BIN from showing up in the UK's list of releasable countries even if BIN works.