• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TeutonburgerW,
Thanks - great work.

Thanks!

And even though I do got some skills in photoshop... I'm pretty low-skilled when it comes to fantasy, so if there's anything else than having the colorscales modded, please, suggest what you've like to have redone and I'll give it a go, but please, remeber, I don't want to go to "crazy" but want to keep the general washed out look of AOD and no "extreme gfx makeover".

Thanks!

EDIT: And if there are any flags that should be re-done (like I've done with Germany,) feel free to comment that. Also, if there's interest for alternative flags (like the rising sun for Japan) as an optional, I'm ready to do that aswell, but I don't have the time to do any special request for nations that are not in the game. Once again, thanks for your input!

Excellent job, the color pallatte totally needed some tweeking (Everything was just so bright or blah).

Added some content and I'm to lazy to come up with what to write here, so I post the updated first page instead.

Also, if someone uses and enjoy my small modifications, I'm more than happy to have some thoughts on what to do next. My current plan is:

- Fix the bright colored prioritized production arrows
- Keep working on the new colorscale
- Search for incorrect and alternative flags for historical nations during AOD's timeframe.

well, here we go:

- - - - - - - - -

Minor Graphics Mod (MGM)

Latest version: 0.11 (Released: 28 feb 2010)
Download (298 kb)​

Changelog:

Code:
# Minor Graphics Mod (MGM)
# Version: 0.11
# Notes: -

- Redid the prioritized production arrows (normal speed, double speed and 
triple speed)
- Redid the production tab color (green, yellow and red) 
- Redid the bullets (min, max and sliderbullets 1 & 2)
- Added Kriegsmarine naval ensign flag and shield (as optional for Germany).
- Added the real Kingdom of Bulgaria counter, flag and shield (was Bulgarian 
Naval ensign)
- Added the rising sun flag and shield (as optional for Japan).

# Version: 0.1 
# Notes: Initial release

- Added the swastiska flag and shield as optional for Germany
- Fixed optional axis_ledger with the swastika 
- Fixed colorslide and reverse colorslide.
- Added washed out effect and a thin black border on all the techscreens. 
- Toned down the brigade symbols to be less bright and colorful.

Screenshots:

8wl755.jpg

A couple of the new shields

2iku068.jpg

A bit different look of the production folder

95oswl.jpg

One of the new tech tree backgrounds

Is Britain suppose to be blue and America green? Seems like odd colors to switch to from their original ones. By the way, I had HoI2's sexxicolors for nations before this if that's any indication, but they only changed the colors to more..."darker" tones.

It would be nice to have a more distinct colorized terrain map, more pastel less bright. I find it hard to distinguish plains/desert and plains/hills.

I take it I can use Skiff DD and GIP .09 with no issues? Have not stopped to install them yet.

Is Britain suppose to be blue and America green? Seems like odd colors to switch to from their original ones. By the way, I had HoI2's sexxicolors for nations before this if that's any indication, but they only changed the colors to more..."darker" tones.

Hehe, yeah, I forgot to add a "A" to the country.csv. so now it replaced the current country.csv per default.

But yes, I'm planning to do an optional colorscale and countrycolours .csv. I'm one of those who mostly played with sexxicolors (where US are green) and I don't like the lightred UK and darkblue US, but I will redo the colorscale so it's a bit darker tones all the way through (not only in political, but also supply, terrain, etc) but it will be optional so that you manually have to put them in, in the next version. Sorry for the inconvience.

It would be nice to have a more distinct colorized terrain map, more pastel less bright. I find it hard to distinguish plains/desert and plains/hills.

I take it I can use Skiff DD and GIP .09 with no issues? Have not stopped to install them yet.

1. Will fix!
2. Of course!

I approve of this mod!

Thanks!

i will add some of this pack to the next patch. great work !

You made my morning, mr wyK1NG! :)

And if there's something else you or the devteam would like to have for the patch, just write it here or send me a pm and I'll try to fix that!

Great work! :)

TeutonburgerW, many thanks !

Minor modifications but very appreciated.

Cheers
Fabrizio

Thanks guys!

A small patch then which you'll have to manually install until I fix it for 0.12:

0.11a

Fixed missing flags in AOD-style for:

• Mauretania
  • Senegal
  • Congo-brazzaville
  • Uganda
  • Singapore
  • Gambia
  • Jamaica
  • Kenya
  • Kuwait
  • Tanganyika
  • Trinindad & tobago

Download.

Could I request the tricolour flag for Russia? (for the Russian revolter and the UER; Empire of Russia)

This:

14471h0.jpg

1o3u3n.jpg

?

Either convert to .bmp (you probably know the drill, hehe) or wait an hour or two until I release 0.12 before I go to work.

Others, feel free to suggest improvments like the Wookie! That really helps me a lot and hopefully, you have something for it in return aswell.

Okey, version 0.12 is ready:

Code:
# Version: 0.12
# Notes: -

- BUG: The optional country.csv wasn't optional (it replaced current) is now 
fixed
- Added the initial work of my colorscale mod (optional, must be installed 
manually)
- Fixed corrupted Libya flag
- Added "the stars and the bars" and "the blood stained banner" for CSA 
(current: 2nd national flag, "the stainless banner")
- Toned down the color of production prioritzed arrows (normal_speed, 
double_speed and triple_speed)
- Added missing flags in AOD-style for: Mauretania (U93), Senegal (U96), 
Kongo-brazzaville (U85), Uganda (U70), Singapore (U75), Gambia (U86), 
Jamaica (U89), Kenya (U90), Kuwait (U91), Tanganyika (U97) snf Trinindad & tobago (U98)

Download

Screenshots:

dgoxvm.jpg

Fixed the missing flags bugs, so time to release all the colonial states!

qnrytu.jpg

More shields! And flags too of course...

And please, please, please dear community: I'd like to fix the "new unit missing pictures bug", so if someone could please, please, please post appropriate pictures to be used as brigade pictures for:

- Railway gun
- Heavy submarine I & II

Many, many kudos to he/she who helps me with this one! Don't really know what too look for when it comes to the heavy submarines. Couldn't find a single reference to a such during WW2 on Google. :confused:

You could look for the French Surcouf (NN 3) or the Japanese I-400 Submarines.

There are Wikipedia articles for both of them as well as several pictures (mostly b&w) on Google.

Hope that helps ...