• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I might be an idiot, but I downloaded and installed both the .18 and .185 onto the game. It loads correctly and I've no problems there, but my IC is in insane amounts, and my manpower won't grow due to similarly high levels of aging. I know there used to be a fix for it, but I could not find it. Is there a fix for this to make IC and manpower levels normal?

I might be an idiot, but I downloaded and installed both the .18 and .185 onto the game. It loads correctly and I've no problems there, but my IC is in insane amounts, and my manpower won't grow due to similarly high levels of aging. I know there used to be a fix for it, but I could not find it. Is there a fix for this to make IC and manpower levels normal?

You could download the file I posted in this thread (message #1435). Change the extension to the .zip (at least for me the downloaded file is named attachment.php for some reason) and extract it somewhere. There is a readme file inside that package that explains how to install this for AoD 1.08. If you are using AoD 1.07 then there is another file in one of my posts a couple of pages earlier in this thread.

So what is latest version of this mod and with which version of AoD it is compatibile with?

Latest full version is 0.18 and there is an update for 0.185. These both are for AoD V1.07. With my fixes (message #1435) it should also work with AoD V1.08.

Thank you very much for the assistance, everything is normalized now. The only issue I seem to be having is that in the Abyss and Armageddon scenarios, the game gets to about October-ish in 1938 and it'll crash to the desktop pretty often. Can't seem to get past it, and those scenarios really don't have any events beyond the standard randoms that you get with any game. Is there any known fix or reason for this? I noticed it happened quite a bit when the game was paused and then unpaused, but I did let it run continuously and it crashed on its own. Not sure if it's a bug or something of the like though.

Edit: I tried running the game with the autosave turned off, as well as cleaning the save game. The problem is still present though unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the assistance, everything is normalized now. The only issue I seem to be having is that in the Abyss and Armageddon scenarios, the game gets to about October-ish in 1938 and it'll crash to the desktop pretty often. Can't seem to get past it, and those scenarios really don't have any events beyond the standard randoms that you get with any game. Is there any known fix or reason for this? I noticed it happened quite a bit when the game was paused and then unpaused, but I did let it run continuously and it crashed on its own. Not sure if it's a bug or something of the like though.

Edit: I tried running the game with the autosave turned off, as well as cleaning the save game. The problem is still present though unfortunately.

I think those scenarios were never modded for CWE. The working ones that I know are the 1945 Cold War and the 1936 scenarios.

Hey.
I just wanted to say, that this mod looks amazing and I want to play it. But I'm kind of having trouble installing (I'm more used to Darkest Hour) it and the installation FAQ is kind of unclear: Can someone walk me through it please?

Hey.
I just wanted to say, that this mod looks amazing and I want to play it. But I'm kind of having trouble installing (I'm more used to Darkest Hour) it and the installation FAQ is kind of unclear: Can someone walk me through it please?

This zip-file has the instructions in the readme.txt.

EDIT: For some reason when I download this file it gets renamed to attachment.php. If that happens just change the type to .zip.

Attachments

• CWE .185 for AoD 1.08.zip
    2,5 MB · Views: 231
Loving the mod, though has anyone else found that in the later 50's it becomes seemingly impossible to beat the soviets? I've compared the stats between my US divisions and the Soviets, and my divisions are better in nearly all respects, but they can never seemingly break through. I tried lowering the ground defence efficiency of all forces in the misc.txt file, but that didn't seem to do anything. Even dropping the game down to very easy for the combat bonus did nothing and my forces still are being defeated, even when the ratio of attackers to defenders is something like 6:1. Not sure if there is a fix or there is something I'm missing in general.

Loving the mod, though has anyone else found that in the later 50's it becomes seemingly impossible to beat the soviets? I've compared the stats between my US divisions and the Soviets, and my divisions are better in nearly all respects, but they can never seemingly break through. I tried lowering the ground defence efficiency of all forces in the misc.txt file, but that didn't seem to do anything. Even dropping the game down to very easy for the combat bonus did nothing and my forces still are being defeated, even when the ratio of attackers to defenders is something like 6:1. Not sure if there is a fix or there is something I'm missing in general.

Haven't played this so far for ages, but maybe you should check the land doctrines (what you have and what they have). It's not entirely impossible that there is a typo somewhere in the db/tech/*_tech.txt files for the post-war techs, although I think it would have been adressed by now.

Haven't played this so far for ages, but maybe you should check the land doctrines (what you have and what they have). It's not entirely impossible that there is a typo somewhere in the db/tech/*_tech.txt files for the post-war techs, although I think it would have been adressed by now.

It has been a while, but if I remember correctly the asymmetric warfare doctrine was really, really good later on. I would guess that the AI chose that path.

So I just installed the mod with the update for AoD v1.08 and now when I go to give my units orders, where the orders normally are it says "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED" in all the bars. How do I fix this?

I'm playing on Steam and I used the 1936 scenario.

Edit: It appears in all scenarios and "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED" also shows up when I go to look at unit stats. For instance, where it would normally say "Softness", "Defensiveness", etc. is says "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED".

Is there any pack with extended end dates for leaders and tech teams suitable for this mod?

Uhhh...I hope someone still reads this...
I discovered I don't have the latest/last version of CWE, so I downloaded all the files I could find...

I got the file named "CWE .185 for AoD 1.08", and in the readme it has these step-by-step rules (caps in original):

1. install aod and update to v1.08. - no prob.
2. install cwe v.18 WITHOUT the config folder. ok, that means you have to copy all the files in the config folder, and copy them back over the newer stuff, right? ok then.
3. install cwe v.185 <this file...?> AGAIN WITHOUT the config folder. well, ok.
4. install these files...uhh...install the files you just told me not to install?

Somethings screwy. I think it unlikely I have the right "CWE .18 to .185 for aod 1.08" file. This sounds like Julie64's file only.
Could someone post the most recent files please? Most of the links in nomonhan/ozman2 and icehawk aren't valid anymore*. Especially the "cwe .18 to .185 for aod 1.08".**

*The mediafire link still is, which is remarkable really, but I'm not sure it's the most recent. see below.

**I read the last 15 or 20 pages of this thread last nite, and I saw a graphic of one of the tech screens that is more extensive than the one I just downloaded, and it sounded like it was to be included in .18. But the .18 I downloaded last nite from ozman2's links didn't include it. Were there techs that just got abandoned/left out of .18? Or do I for sure not have the right .18 version?
Man I hope at least one of the main protagonists is still around.
Ping, your name was mentioned several times in the last few pages here, and you've very kindly helped me once or twice the last year. Do you have a good version of cwe .18 to .185 for aod 1.08?

Cold War land doctrine are unbalanced,look how huge bonuses are after 1947 year.