• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This "command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 }" should work ok so this is quite surprising. I'm playing a game with AoD V1.08 with SMEP and the SMEP's Spanish Civil War event uses a lot of these without a CTD. There used to be some problems with this command though.
So far so good! Thank you so much! Merry Christmas! I've been dying to play this.

It worked up until 1948 until what looked like an event; 'collapse of nationalist China' then it crashed(black screen).

That's weird, that event worked fine for me, currently it's 1953. Try playing through that date a few times and see if it wasn't just a random crash.

Interesting. It fired the event collapse of nationalist china around 24 June 1948 this time(last time it was like late November). I had a critical error which I ignored. Then it went to black screen around 8 or 9 July.

Interesting. It fired the event collapse of nationalist china around 24 June 1948 this time(last time it was like late November). I had a critical error which I ignored. Then it went to black screen around 8 or 9 July.

And you crash every time the event fires? Guess something about it is broken, weird I didn't crash in my game :/.

It's crashed these 2 times I've played. Whether it's the 'collapse of nationalist china' event I'm not sure, but it seems suspicious. Hopefully you can find something. I wouldn't know what to look for so thank you again.

This starts to sound like a bad installation. Do you have AoD V1.07, CWE 0.18, CWE update 0.185 and that package of mine mentioned in a post earlier? If so it's important to read the readme.txt inside my package carefully when installing the CWE files because there are some special steps needed.
You could try a new game installation and you don't have to remove the current installation. Just install the game and the other files to a new folder. The first crash was quite early in the game if I understood correctly so it should be relatively easy to test.

This starts to sound like a bad installation. Do you have AoD V1.07, CWE 0.18, CWE update 0.185 and that package of mine mentioned in a post earlier? If so it's important to read the readme.txt inside my package carefully when installing the CWE files because there are some special steps needed.
You could try a new game installation and you don't have to remove the current installation. Just install the game and the other files to a new folder. The first crash was quite early in the game if I understood correctly so it should be relatively easy to test.
I don't remember if I installed each patch in succession. I may have just installed 0.185. I have not installed your original event file yet. I'll try that first. That collapse of nationalist China event seems to be where it goes awry though. If I don't hear of a new fix I will eventually try to reinstall. Thanks for your help.

Update 0.185 needs to be installed on 0.18. And as I mentioned, if you want to use my fix pack for AoD V1.07, you need to take special measures when installing the CWE packages. Unpack them into a separate folder and DELETE the config folder(s). After that move the rest of the CWE files to your game folder.
You can play without the fix pack, but you will get some "unknown string errors".

Hi nomonhan!

Can you please give me your permission to use elements of your mod as material for MDS2 for Darkest Hour?

EDIT: There are no tech pics in MDS2. When I ported it to DH, I left one sample pic there thinking foolishly that guys would volunteer and contribute what was missing... All the tech pics are missing in MDS2.

Can you please give me your permission to use your tech pics in MDS2? Probably from the years 1965, 75, 85, 95, 05, and 2015, where I can find them. Thanks

Last edited:
Can somebody please make a post with working links all of the stuff you need to install the latest version of the mod? .18 is still available in nomonhan's signature, but the link to .185 in Icehawk's signature seems to be dead.

I need some updating on the state-of-the-game, if someone would be so kind:
Is .185 the latest? On the first page it says it now goes from 1919 on up, and includes something called Fatherland (presumably from the book of the same name where Germany wins the war). Is that what .185 does?
Does it work on AoD 1.08, or is 1.07 the latest it will work on?
Are Julie's fixes necessary?
(could someone hack nomonhan's account and put this in the first post? :))

I need some updating on the state-of-the-game, if someone would be so kind:
Is .185 the latest? On the first page it says it now goes from 1919 on up, and includes something called Fatherland (presumably from the book of the same name where Germany wins the war). Is that what .185 does?
Does it work on AoD 1.08, or is 1.07 the latest it will work on?
Are Julie's fixes necessary?
(could someone hack nomonhan's account and put this in the first post? :))

My fixes are not needed, but as mentioned you will get some "unknown string" errors with some messages.

How should I install this? Before or after patch 1.08? :)

If you mean that fix pack I've made so it's for AoD 1.07 only. Here is the newer one I quickly made for AoD V1.08. I only added the changes made by AoD V1.08 (plus some minor airforce balancing). I haven't play tested these so use at your own risk. At least it should work better than the original CWE 0.185 with AoD V1.08.

Read the included readme file BEFORE installing because the config folder needs some special steps during installation.

Attachments

• CWE .185 for AoD 1.08.zip
    2,5 MB · Views: 235
Hey guys, ive uploaded what my files say is .185/6 in my signature and ill post the link now here, please take a look if its the correct thing, away from my laptop containing AoD so cant playtest it.

However on the upside I hope we can use plenty of the tech tree etc in the future East vs West mod :) Looking to 2014 for that though ;)

Either way, here it is:
CWE .186.7z (35.8 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!Vd5k0K5B!Wcy4g0j-iLMgmls6vDY48AgFJxBuq-oUYddGbfiU3-E