+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1453

Thread: Cold War Extension for AoD

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Semper FiSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Have you followed the installation instruction that came with the .zip file (readme.txt)? You need to install both CWE 0.18 and 0.185 without the config folders before this one. If using the CWE config files this just won't work.

Yeah, I did that, and can play .185 just fine. I did a little more digging and it looks like "The Red Barons" was a scenario back in the Arma version of CWE that didn't make the transfer to AoD. No biggie, I was just curious. Thanks for the thought.

I finally reinstalled a copy of aod and it seems I've got CWE MD working but it crashes in the cold war scenario after a few days elapse. Some error about c++ being asked to close in an unusual way comes up. Any suggestions about what i can do?

Okay. So I see what I did wrong. I copied in the config file and i guess that crashes it after aw eek or so. So after installing 1.85 over 1.8, I just replaced the config with the original, right? The game is working now, but with a lot of unknown strings in the tech trees(beyond the aod ones) as well as some with the events. Is this a symptom of the fact that the mod isn't finished or is there a file I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well it crashed again on 10 jan 1946. If anyone has an idea what I can do I'd love to continue playing this.
    Last edited by macgregor2150; 20-08-2012 at 02:22.

First Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

Looks like no one's around anymore. Too bad. It was a really good mod.
    I would have liked to know if CWE was going to be upgraded for AoD 1.08, but seeing the volume of posts the last several months I think I have the answer.

So, final thoughts: Nomonhan, IceHawk and the rest, much thanks for your work. It was a great time.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Does the mod work with 1.08?

I installed in for 1.07 and it works all fine but always on 10th January 1946 the game crashes, any idea why?
    Last edited by Andri; 11-10-2012 at 03:25.
    Hello Andri, We at Paradox Interactive Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

Quote Originally Posted by Andri View Post
    Does the mod work with 1.08?

I installed in for 1.07 and it works all fine but always on 10th January 1946 the game crashes, any idea why?
    So at least I know it's not just me. Extremely disappointing this lack of response.

Quote Originally Posted by bestmajor View Post
    db/misc?
    Were you trying to offer a solution? What does this mean?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

well when i tried to update my little modifications i jst had to upadate the misc.txt in the db folder (make sure you take all changes made to the misc in 1.07). otherwise i think there are some text strings missing.

Once I'm done with my map mod (which uses 1.08) I'll take a look at CWE with some friends and see what sort of bandaid we could apply to get it to work.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post
    Once I'm done with my map mod (which uses 1.08) I'll take a look at CWE with some friends and see what sort of bandaid we could apply to get it to work.
    Thank you very much. I'm really looking forward to playing something that extends to the modern era. AFAIK there's nothing so far that really seems to work on any hoi.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post

That'd be superb, it would suck if this mod would end it's days with a version that doesn't work.
    Hello Andri, We at Paradox Interactive Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

Bump.
    Anyone that can fix the mod?

Do you have this installed? It's made for V1.07.

I have also made a version for AoD V1.08 but so far I have only tested it with a 1936 campaign. The cold war period is totally untested.
    Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Julle64 View Post
    Do you have this installed? It's made for V1.07.

I have also made a version for AoD V1.08 but so far I have only tested it with a 1936 campaign. The cold war period is totally untested.
    Yeah, I suspect it's some event that's causing the game to crash when you get post war.

Yeah, I suspect it's some event that's causing the game to crash when you get post war.
    I quickly went through the CWE events and found a couple of events firing that day (or close). Unfortunately I couldn't find any typo errors. If it is an event error, then most likely it's somewhere inside db/events_vl/communist_china.txt.

EDIT: Here's one fixed file. Overwrite the one in db/events_vl folder with this one. I doubt this is the reason for the CTD though.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Julle64; 24-12-2012 at 10:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Julle64 View Post
    I quickly went through the CWE events and found a couple of events firing that day (or close). Unfortunately I couldn't find any typo errors. If it is an event error, then most likely it's somewhere inside db/events_vl/communist_china.txt.

EDIT: Here's one fixed file. Overwrite the one in db/events_vl folder with this one. I doubt this is the reason for the CTD though.
    You were right about the communist_china.txt file, it's the one causing the crash, I renamed it so the game couldn't find it and thus no event to fire and I got passed January 10th.

And after some testing I figured out it's even 611003 that's causing the crash, not sure why it's causing it as my event modification skill ain't the best.

After some further testing I figured out that it was a trigger event from event 611003 all the way to event 611006 which I found out is causing the crashing and now it's just what part of it is to blame.

Yep found it, it was the command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } which was causing the crash, I just removed all of those commands from the event and everything works fine.

Here ya go guys, enjoy. communist_china.txt
    Last edited by Andri; 26-12-2012 at 02:27.

You were right about the communist_china.txt file, it's the one causing the crash, I renamed it so the game couldn't find it and thus no event to fire and I got passed January 10th.

And after some testing I figured out it's even 611003 that's causing the crash, not sure why it's causing it as my event modification skill ain't the best.

After some further testing I figured out that it was a trigger event from event 611003 all the way to event 611006 which I found out is causing the crashing and now it's just what part of it is to blame.

Yep found it, it was the command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } which was causing the crash, I just removed all of those commands from the event and everything works fine.

Here ya go guys, enjoy. Attachment 70105
    This "command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 }" should work ok so this is quite surprising. I'm playing a game with AoD V1.08 with SMEP and the SMEP's Spanish Civil War event uses a lot of these without a CTD. There used to be some problems with this command though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast