• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've installed this mod over 107 without much instruction except to place in the AoD folder and overwrite. I've got a problem with the game locking up on me. While I love the graphics I've seen so far, the game keeps making me play-over so much time each time it locks up. I don't know if it could have something to do with this mod, the game, or perhaps running background programs like mozilla(for music). If anyone has had any experience with this issue, please help me. I love the game and the mod and don't want to have to give up either.

You need a small modification to the misc.txt. See message #1204 here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?462311-Cold-War-Extension-for-AoD/page61

You need a small modification to the misc.txt. See message #1204 here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?462311-Cold-War-Extension-for-AoD/page61

Thank you in advance Julie. Logic dictates I'll have to install the modfiles first. Perhaps I can find my old save somewhere. Since physically deleted all the old files, I have it in my recycled. I just don't know which file games are saved in. Settings? I suppose as long as it's not the misc.text file I can restore a few files to check.

I found it. Thanks again. Hope it works!

Last edited:
Another problem came up. When I click the exe I get an error 'missing excel file'. Does anyone know what might have happened?

This has not happened to me but once I had a similar problem with a missing dll file. I got it fixed by starting the game once from Arsenal.exe instead of AODGame.exe.

I reinstalled and stuff is working as good as ever. I've never personally experienced problems easily fixed with multiple installations, but have heard that's often the case. So seems to be the case here.

Is the mod dead?

Only asking because there hasn't been an update in almost six months, and this was one of the better AoD mods.

I don't believe it's dead. We were told to expect an update in mid-October and there was a slight update just a couple weeks ago.

IceHawk deserves a medal for his work on keeping this alive! I'm not a talented modder myself but I think it's come around to me learning a bit and helping out with events, ministers, etc. I'll post in here when I have a something of substance to offer, though it might be awhile. In the meantime we should discuss a little where we would like to see this thing go in terms of events, WWIII triggers, etc. It's commendable the work that has been so far on but at the moment it's just a Cold War sandbox... There's so much we could do!

I suggested a 1950 and 1953 scenario a little while back. (Or was it 1960, I can't remember. :( ) I would do these on my own but I've realized I'm worse than I thought at modding the game. That and my desktop is just about dead.

I think that new scenarios for the 1950's and possibly a 1960 scenario will open the door for event making and testing. Plus I doubt many people would want to play a game from 1945 to 1958 just to make sure a small event chain in the late 1950's is firing correctly.

It'd be nice if these pics could be tweaked -Corsair photo w/Corsair title, Hellcat, P-47. Maybe include a pic of a B17? I'd never heard of a B23. I hope this mod is not dead. Is there a more realistic historic mod than this that spans this much time?

It'd be nice if these pics could be tweaked -Corsair photo w/Corsair title, Hellcat, P-47. Maybe include a pic of a B17? I'd never heard of a B23. I hope this mod is not dead. Is there a more realistic historic mod than this that spans this much time?

No, I don't think so. The pictures aren't a *huge* issue (and are probably the hardest part of the mod to fix, anyways...), it's the models.csv that does it for me at least :)

On that note, I have created a somewhat updated models.csv (in particular, I added names for some of the later US units, submarines especially and one of the and fixed some bugs that seem to be present in some of the secret weapons-related event files (specifically, an event that fires when you develop recon satellites and, much more importantly, some of the events that unlock the secret techs themselves--some branches weren't being unlocked properly) as part of a mammoth 1936-2024 US game I have going...so far I've gotten to 1968 and the first moon landing (in August!). There was also a tech requirement for one of the light cruiser techs that was being set up incorrectly--it was requiring Gen 4 night vision (a 2000 technology!) instead of Anti-Ship Missile for the first missile cruiser. I'm hesitant to upload the models.csv, since I also switched around some of the interceptor and fighter names (for the US at least--the rationale being that F-15 and F-22 were not really multi-role, that was the F-16 and F-35), but I'll try to sort out the other bits I did and put them up if anyone wants.

No, I don't think so. The pictures aren't a *huge* issue (and are probably the hardest part of the mod to fix, anyways...), it's the models.csv that does it for me at least :)

On that note, I have created a somewhat updated models.csv (in particular, I added names for some of the later US units, submarines especially and one of the and fixed some bugs that seem to be present in some of the secret weapons-related event files (specifically, an event that fires when you develop recon satellites and, much more importantly, some of the events that unlock the secret techs themselves--some branches weren't being unlocked properly) as part of a mammoth 1936-2024 US game I have going...so far I've gotten to 1968 and the first moon landing (in August!). There was also a tech requirement for one of the light cruiser techs that was being set up incorrectly--it was requiring Gen 4 night vision (a 2000 technology!) instead of Anti-Ship Missile for the first missile cruiser. I'm hesitant to upload the models.csv, since I also switched around some of the interceptor and fighter names (for the US at least--the rationale being that F-15 and F-22 were not really multi-role, that was the F-16 and F-35), but I'll try to sort out the other bits I did and put them up if anyone wants.

Ok so bug for light mis cruiser re AS missile tech -aok
re models.csv; Im working a SOV and US unit illustrations and models.csv as the unit names are obviously missing and illustrations are sometimes as mentioned - heavily off. However Ive been transferring all my data from one computer to another last few weeks & on top of Univ starting & investing taking up lots of time due to the current financial malaise ive been squeezed time wise. Dont expect extreme progress to be done next few weeks, although I am looking at porting MDS data (ministers, events, etc) to CWE for quicker filling in of late game details.

truth is life - if u can post the csv file feel free, I will look through it & include it in a merged version with current work. Any other user input is welcome, as by my scattered self I can only do so much ;)

Ps Late game reports, balancing testing re economy/military etc welcome.

Last edited:
CWE is still my favorite mod. Only I wish the capital capture would trigger a greater chance of collapse and I don't know why my game now says it will end in 1963 when previously it said 2024. Hopefully work will continue on this mod. Perhaps with later starting dates such as 1963 or 2001.

Last edited:
We really need a single, updated, 1.07 compatible download. I can't get this mod to work anymore.

Maybe Nomonhan is holed up with the AoD dev team working on Arsenal of Democracy II: Balance of Terror or something like that. :)

It seems that this mod is dead. But for those who loves the mod, we could expand it. at the moment i've got not the required experience to change the essential parts of the game.

the first thing is the intelligence system. it is not cold war-like.

Last edited:
It seems that this mod is dead. But for those who loves the mod, we could expand it. at the moment i've got not the required experience to change the essential parts of the game.

the first thing is the intelligence system. it is not cold war-like.

Yes for now I have had to stop further development. My private/business life is simply too overwhelming at this time and devoting per-longed hours is simply a no-can-do at this time. I will release some work incrementally and of course welcome input from any other coders who would like to contribute to the project or further develop it at their own discretion. One man can only do so much ;)

Yes for now I have had to stop further development. My private/business life is simply too overwhelming at this time and devoting per-longed hours is simply a no-can-do at this time. I will release some work incrementally and of course welcome input from any other coders who would like to contribute to the project or further develop it at their own discretion. One man can only do so much ;)

Good luck! It's sad to see my favorite mod finally die...