• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK so that's 3 more models to work in for light tanks, and probably some armored cars. I also had the thought of having the later main battle tanks also create new heavy tank brigades, to give a firepower boost on the brigade level. Some notes -- the militia will be enabled EITHER through the infantry OR the guerrilla warfare tree(earlier through guerrilla warfare!), so the 6 militia can stay as a 2012 model that only comes from the guerrilla warfare doctrines. The reason for not having the baseline M1 Abrams for the US is that it does not have the main gun that all the other models have. Would you like to suggest a "less boring" USA tank tree? OK I'll do Israeli airpower while I work on Vietnam. Israel should get British models to about 1951, British and French models to about 67 and USA plus homemade stuff after that IMO (West German submarines). Italy is a ways off but I might as well discuss the naming issue. Italy produced only a few indigenous models and imported the rest, both from the US and West Germany. I believe that they get BOTH the West German and US names with a slash, as is done for the USA carrier based planes, and use either the German or the American model for pictures.

At the moment it does not work with 1.05 but since 1.05 has now been officially released the next version will. With a little work you could make the installation work now. The main thing is to use Vanilla AOD's misc.txt file and replace the research section at the end with my values.

OK so that's 3 more models to work in for light tanks, and probably some armored cars. I also had the thought of having the later main battle tanks also create new heavy tank brigades, to give a firepower boost on the brigade level. Some notes -- the militia will be enabled EITHER through the infantry OR the guerrilla warfare tree(earlier through guerrilla warfare!), so the 6 militia can stay as a 2012 model that only comes from the guerrilla warfare doctrines. The reason for not having the baseline M1 Abrams for the US is that it does not have the main gun that all the other models have. Would you like to suggest a "less boring" USA tank tree? OK I'll do Israeli airpower while I work on Vietnam. Israel should get British models to about 1951, British and French models to about 67 and USA plus homemade stuff after that IMO (West German submarines).
For now leave the US armor tree alone. Boring but cant think of anything to spice it up really..

Ok made a west/east generic garrison 3 & militia 3 in this SKIF patch.
Added 1 wheeled APC & 2 tracked IFVs to already made countries.

Canada tracked IFVs:
12 M113 ADATS
13 CV9035
14 CV90120

ChiCom Wheeled APCs:
11 PTL02
12 Type 07
13 ZBD-09

ChiCom Tracled IFVs:
11 Type 85 IFV
12 Type 307 IFV
13 Type 97 IFV
14 ZBD2000

Ger/Dfr Wheeled APCs:
13 Boxer Bl2

Ger/Dfr Tracked IFVs:
9 Marder 1A5
10 Markder Mk30
11 Begleitpanzer 57
12 Marder 2
13 Puma
14 Puma 105

Eng Tracked IFVs:
11 Desert Warrior
12 Warrior 2000
13 Warrior WSCP
14 FRES-T

French Marines Are In:
7 VAB Marine
8 VAB/VCI Marine
9 AMX-10P Marine
10 AMX-10P Dragar Marine
11 AMX-10P PAC90 Marine
12 AMX-10P PAC105 Marine

Sov Wheeled APCs:
13 BTR-125

Sov Tracked IFVs:
13 BMP-T
14 BMT-72

USA Wheeled APCs:
12 Stryker Sheriff
13 LAV-H Stryker 2

USA Tracked IFVs:
12 FCST
13 FCS Lancer
14 XM ICV

Some missing french inf/mt icons are in as well.
Grab it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4lplku63dasozc5

Israel ground unit tree almost done. Ill be up today or tomorrow

Israel SKIF Pack Done

israeli-army-girls-cover21.jpg

Israeli Motorized APCs:
6 BTR-152TCM
7 RAM Mk1
8 RAM Mk3
9 Shoet
10 Zeev
11 Wildcat
12 Wildcat 2
13 Stryker Trophy (preliminary)

Israeli Mechanized IFVs:
6 M113
7 M113 Zelda
8 M113 Zelda 2
9 M113 HVMS 60
10 Puma
11 Nakpadon
12 Achzarit
13 Achzarit RCWS-30
14 Namer RCWS-35/50

Israeli Armor: (currently included)
7 Sho't (overrides generic Cheiftain - not used by Israel although licence production was considered. could be an alternate, what if model)
8 Sho't Kal
9 Magach 6
10 Magach 7
11 Merkava 1
12 Merkava 2
13 Merkava 3
14 Merkava 4

Alternatively for more powerfully armed models I can do:
10 Sabra (120mm)
11 Merkava 2
12 Merkava 3
13 Merkava 3 Baz
14 Merkava 4

or if Chieftain production is considered than a Chieftain/ Mk5/ Stillbrew/ Chieftain 900 development tree could be considered.
Let me know which you'd prefer nomonhan.

Israeli Infantry:
2000 Storm
2010 Golan

Aircav uses US models except 6 which is a French Super Frelon helicopter
Marines, Mountain & Airborne in, with marines & paras using mostly generic or US models.

Grab it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rgwiditb0ksb4lq

Last edited:
Overall great work, IceHawk.
If we go strictly by gun size the models would have to read
10-Sabra
11-Sabra Mark 2
12 Merkava 3
13 Merkava 3 Baz
14 Merkava 4
If you can convince me that the Israeli tanks you listed were BETTER in other respects than comparable model 10 and 11 (especially consider British and Russian models) we can accept your tree. The Israeli tanks need not be the most current possible but merely need to be as good as or better than what the Arab states deployed, and those Arab states generally did not have the latest models.

10-Sabra
11-Sabra Mark 2
12 Merkava 3
13 Merkava 3 Baz
14 Merkava 4
If you can convince me that the Israeli tanks you listed were BETTER in other respects than comparable model 10 and 11 (especially consider British and Russian models) we can accept your tree. The Israeli tanks need not be the most current possible but merely need to be as good as or better than what the Arab states deployed, and those Arab states generally did not have the latest models.

No problem, this tree seems fine. Did the models for this already but working my way into a proper India set. Ill have that out after the weekend np :)

Ps would you mind if I also spiced up the current Ger & Chicom air tree with models? Quite a few are currently missing. I could also spice up the Ger tree with theoretical models.

Last edited:
Hypothetical Fatherland Aircraft SKIF Pack

propagandager.png

Includes a mix of prototypes (flown test aircraft), hypothetical designs (plans/models but no test aircraft) & a few plain fantasy models (artwork mostly) to fill out the German aircraft model tree & give it some independent flavor vs generics. Would work well in a Fatherland type scenario.

Multirole:
7 He P-1079A (hypothetical)
8 Panavia MRCA (hypothetical)
9 VFW Apalis (fantasy)

Interceptor:
11 HA-300 (prototype)
12 VJ-101C (prototype)
13 Do-102 (aka ND-102, hypothetical)
14 MBB Nosferatu (fantasy)
15 VFW Falken (fantasy)

Strategic Bomber:
5a Me-335 (fantasy)
7 Baade-152 (prototype)
9 Silbervogel (hypothetical)
12 Panavia-337 Gleipnir (fantasy)
13 MBB Orgoi (fantasy)
14 Dornier Hresvelgr (fantasy)

Tactical Bomber:
9 MBB NKF (hypothetical)
10 Panavia-100 MRCA (hypothetical)
11 Tornado IDS (in service)
12 Tornado IDS ASSTA (in service)
14 MBB TDEFS (hypothetical)

CAS:
6 He-012 (in service as C101 Aviojet)
7a VFW VAK-191 (prototype)
10 Panavia-190 Spitwulf (hypothetical)
11 Panavia-200 Fregata (fantasy)
12 MBB Cariburn (fantasy)

Available Here:http://www.mediafire.com/?rh82j97nd26hqbh

Last edited:
10-Sabra
11-Sabra Mark 2
12 Merkava 3
13 Merkava 3 Baz
14 Merkava 4

I think the Merkava 1, 2, 3, 4 progression makes more sense than including the Sabra because:

1. Historically the Sabra was developed at around the same time as the Merkava 4 as an upgrade for the M60, so its a bit incongruous to put it before the earlier Merkava models.
2. The Sabra doesn't, and their are no plans for it to serve in the IDF - its intended as export only.
3. The Merkava 1 beat the living daylights out of Syrian T-72s at Kabelias in Lebanon despite its smaller gun by a combination of better fire control and superior durability (most T-72s were destroyed before they could effectively target the Israelis, and those that did manage to get a shot off failed to penetrate the Merkava's armour).

Therefore, I would suggest that it is entirely appropriate to rate the Merkava 1 as Armour Model 10. Smaller main gun is compensated for by:

1. Better protection stemming from front mounted engine, increased armour relative to contemporary tanks, first tank to come equipped with explosive reactive armour.
2. Has its own inbuilt mortar.
3. Capacity to carry a small (6 man) man infantry unit internally and deploy they rapidly under cover via the rear hatch.
4. Modular armour plates and engine assembly allowed for obscenely fast field repairs compared to other tanks. (tanks that would normally have to towed back to base for repairs such as engine replacement could be accomplished in under two hours in the field allowing for more sustained advances).

I think you might be incorrect on the Merkava 1 having era but the rest does carry a good point. Its modular armor & front mounted engine does give it an additional level of protection over the rest. Its FCS is also superior. The baseline T-72 is model 10 so your argument is valid.

I will also point out that Western APFSDS technology was slightly ahead of the East. Hence until T-72B/T-80 (model 11) a 105mm equipped tank could pose a threat over combat distances to a T-72 or say Cheiftain. At the time fire control was considered more important factor (hitting a target first before worrying if you penetrated). My personal belief would be that a 105/115mm armed tank with either above avg fire control or protection could be a model 10. Model 11 (mid 80s) use of ERA, composite armor or Chobham made these weapons second rate & a 120+mm caliber is considered a minimum. But I leave it up to nomonhan to decide.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies. How does this sound?
Level 10 requires EITHER 120 mm gun OR fire control.
Level 11 requires 120 mm gun AND some other modernization.

Last edited:
Indian CWE SKIF Done

25rsld1.jpg

Infantry:
2000 Maruti Gypsy
2010 Aditya MPV

Motorized APC Inf:
5 Humber Pig
6 Humber Pig Mk2
7 OT-64 SKOT
8 OT-64A SKOT-2
9 OT-64B SKOT-2AM
10 OT-64M Cobra
11 KTO Rys
12 KTO Rys-35
13 KTO Rosomak

Mechanized IFV:
6 FV432
7 BMP-1
8 BMP-1P
9 BMP-2 Sarath
10 BMP-2M1 Sarath
11 BMP-2M2 Sarath
12 BMP-105 Sarath-2
13 Tarmour
14 BMT-72 Ajeya Mk3

Armor:
8 Vijayanta
9 Imp Vijayanta
10 T-72 Ajeya Mk1
11 T-72 Ajeya Mk2
12 Tank Ex
13 T-90S
14 Arjun Mk2

mountain, garrison, militia & few marine models are in to replace the generic images. Otherwise current generic cwe skif does a good job with the rest of the models.

Grab it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?azzsgh7g68lz8ye

Thank you

Info re AOD 1.04/1.05
I've tested 1.05 and found out it is a simple matter to upgrade to 1.05--you actually only need two files, the new AODGame.exe and the new \db\misc.txt file modified with these values (replace the research section at the end):
Code:
research = {
# Blueprint Bonus
	4.0 #was 2 modification permanent for mod
# Pre-Historical Date Mod (value * days prior to historical date. Lower limit for the total is -0.9. )
	-0.00100 # normal -0.00125 Modify to -0.000125 for testing
# Money cost for each skill-level
# Mean number of "invention" events occuring per year
# After-Historical Date Mod (value * days after to historical date. limit for the total is 3.00. )
# Tech speed modifier - value below affects tech speed--higher value is faster
	1.5 # 1.5 normal modify to 20.0 for testing
#_RV_PRE_HISTORICAL_PENALTY_LIMIT_, Can not go below
	0.1 # 0.1 normal modify to 0.91 for testing
#_RV_AFTER_HISTORICAL_PENALTY_LIMIT_, Can not go above 3.0 (changed by mod)
	3.0 # was 1.5 modification permanent for mod
}
Unfortunately, patch 1.05 introduced a new bug, which makes it incompatible with one scenario I'm developing.
Also you have to install the game into a folder OTHER than Program Files--It will no longer work in Program Files on a Win7 or Vista system (unable to save games)
So I recommend
1) Clone your 1.04 install to something like C:\Games\AOD
2) When you run the 1.05 updating executable, copy the files into an empty directory
3) Copy only the new AODGame.exe and misc.txt files to the cloned directory created in step 1.
4) Overwrite the end section of the misc.txt file as per above.

Will be helping the Darkest Hour team with China and environs 1914-36, so updates will be a little slow. The only issue with 1.05 is that it will not allow pre-1936 play. But the beta allows it so you can get hold of the beta and use it for pre-1936 work and use the regular for normal play.

The underlying support is there for Vietnam, etc, but the scenario is only partially developed for the 1950-60 period. The Chinese Civil War, Korean War, and Indonesian War for independence are in, as is Castro's rise to power. the Greek Civil War and the Marshall Plan. The Sinai War is not in but there's a realistic representation of Israel for the 48-49 war and all the Israeli elections are in. Help is always appreciated. I'll likely not spend too much time with Darkest Hour--I just want to make sure the China/Japan/Korea end is reasonably represented from 1914-36.