• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the Basic Nuclear Power Plant in the Industrial Tech and Mini Fission Bomb in Secret Tech increase Reactor size to 8

I can think of one thing that will help a lot. I know it's a lot of busy work but it will have to be done sooner or later. It can be done with a spreadsheet editor. All the leaders files need to have the 1990's in the Rank 3 year, rank 2 year, rank 1 year, and rank 0 year changed to something suitable like 2999. Otherwise they all become field marshals in 1990. It will be of course up to the scenario to sleep them.
Another thing that needs work (less busy work, more research) is getting minister files and elections updated for the later years. Let me know which ones interest you.
I'm working on USSR, Russia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia right now but would appreciate help with any others. USA, Europe, China, Japan, and the Middle East are I believe especially important.

Sure. I'll start that this weekend. Once i've done that i'll look at doing minister files, I should be able to do Australia, will commit to others when i've done the former task.

Actually I've been working primarily on getting revolters set up, including Communist Greece, two alternate versions of Afghanistan (Soviet regime and Mujahideen-Taliban regime) and alternate versions of Cambodia and Laos. I've gotten the Cold War scenario (1945) up and running on my home system, so I expect to release that one soon. One BIG change is that it will, unlike my earlier version for HOI2, have a real shooting war in Greece. It will afford an opportunity to test low-intensity conflict routines good for the Vietnam and Afghan wars.

I realize that doctrines aren't done yet, but that shouldn't stop the testing of the first 3 planned Cold War scenarios
1) 1945 Sept 2 (soon to be released)
2) 1956 Suez Crisis (later)
3) 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis (later)

Actually I've been working primarily on getting revolters set up, including Communist Greece, two alternate versions of Afghanistan (Soviet regime and Mujahideen-Taliban regime) and alternate versions of Cambodia and Laos. I've gotten the Cold War scenario (1945) up and running on my home system, so I expect to release that one soon. One BIG change is that it will, unlike my earlier version for HOI2, have a real shooting war in Greece. It will afford an opportunity to test low-intensity conflict routines good for the Vietnam and Afghan wars.

I realize that doctrines aren't done yet, but that shouldn't stop the testing of the first 3 planned Cold War scenarios
1) 1945 Sept 2 (soon to be released)
2) 1956 Suez Crisis (later)
3) 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis (later)

*Drools* Well one thing I can definitely offer - apart from drool, will certainly be testing the scenarios to death - we will for sure discover any serious issues that can be noticed while playing the superpowers. My friend seems to be determined that we start another MP game of CWTE.

Hey, just a heads up - I might have to withdraw my offer. I got offered a new job only a week after my last one finished (I do some contract work on top of studying) and I wasn't expecting that to happen nearly so soon. If I get some time, i'd love to do something to help out (since i'm very interested in where this mod will go), but i'm not sure when that'll be, maybe as long as a month, since it means I haven't got any spare days.

At long last! The Cold War Scenario is out!
Ideally it should cover about 1945-55, but I suspect there may be some issues in the Korean War.
On my initial test, things follow pretty closely to history, especially for the Chinese Civil War. Greek Civil War may end a bit too quickly. I need it tested and for you to give feedback/bug reports.

A big appreciation goes out to strits1945, who helped out on some Vietnam files.
One issue I'd like to take a very serious look at is whether there is too much IC or a need to "peacetime mod" some countries. I think especially countries like Sweden and Japan need peacetime mods. Right now I haven't included that many, due to complaints about resource shortages that happen when you mod down the peacetime IC. India is peacetime modded on release.

Also one idea I'm looking into is to give some small nations ZERO IC and just some free money and supplies, especially for some great world powers like The Seychelles (ha ha).

Last edited:
1st Thank You for incorporating all the events...second STRONGLY suggest you go to the AoD vanilla lend lease as China will end up with INSANE IC because of concentration effects. As Nat Chi I had over 130 IC in Chengdu alone. Now I also maxed out infra so an AI Nat Chi might not see that...but Zengdu also had over 80.

Edit: Actually I just noticed that you got rid of the Soviet Lend Lease events...so maybe it won't be so overpowered.

Last edited:
What I did was to dump all my modified files into the "events_vl" folder. So the vanilla AoD events are still left and I'll have to find them bit by bit as they are in different files. So for now what you get are the ones I created for HOI2 modified just a bit.

I see one BIG problem with the AOD scheme. All that IC for Nationalist China is going to completely screw up the Chinese Civil War. I may end up just writing my own which will just fire free_ic, free_supplies, etc charged to the USA and credited to the nations receiving them, and then reversed if the war is over or the ports that could receive them are blocked. It would only have to fire one time and we'd be free from all the nonsense.

The Lend-Lease program was largely designed to help the recipient countries' CIVILIAN economies, so they could devote more of an effort to producing their own guns and ammunition.

And as for their new Soviet aid, the truth is that all the Operation Zet aid dried up once the Ribbentrop-Molotov agreement was signed.

Last edited:
Actually, that's a REALLY good idea, and if the war is over with Japan and the Chinese player goes Axis the US wouldn't have basically built the economy of it's enemy, and the same with the Soviet Union. Really good idea as it also makes it more of a thought process on the part of the US to agree to the lend lease.

What I did was to dump all my modified files into the "events_vl" folder. So the vanilla AoD events are still left and I'll have to find them bit by bit as they are in different files. So for now what you get are the ones I created for HOI2 modified just a bit.

I see one BIG problem with the AOD scheme. All that IC for Nationalist China is going to completely screw up the Chinese Civil War. I may end up just writing my own which will just fire free_ic, free_supplies, etc charged to the USA and credited to the nations receiving them, and then reversed if the war is over or the ports that could receive them are blocked. It would only have to fire one time and we'd be free from all the nonsense.

The Lend-Lease program was largely designed to help the recipient countries' CIVILIAN economies, so they could devote more of an effort to producing their own guns and ammunition.

And as for their new Soviet aid, the truth is that all the Operation Zet aid dried up once the Ribbentrop-Molotov agreement was signed.

Finally found a decent post on iron ore deposits as information is so scattered as to drive one to suicide... :(

f6d2a462ab.gif

An additional 5000Mt have recently been found in China as of 2009-2010.
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90778/90860/6872693.html

Based on this I can FINALLY draw up a rough but realistic map of base metal production. Im going to ignore the smaller fields since iron ore production is quite concentrated anyhow
96% of this ore is produced by only 15 countries

Now following this up, how do I draw up rare metal production? Which metals should I concentrate on? Copper+Nickel+Uranium+Aluminum+??? This area is kind of confusing.

Re. Coal fields. Hard to get info as well. The natural gas discovery events create LOTS of energy so not sure how to proceed here. I can get rough locations & reserves, but production or dates of are another matter. Guidance or help would be appreciated.
coal_deposits.jpg

I've got a problem with .14. I just did a fresh vanilla aod install with 1.04 patch and installed .14 on top of that. I can't get into the game as it completely locks up on initializing provinces. The processor just chews and chews away. I've done the install twice now with no changes.

Actually I've got the problem too, just tried to run the game to check and same problem.

I've got a problem with .14. I just did a fresh vanilla aod install with 1.04 patch and installed .14 on top of that. I can't get into the game as it completely locks up on initializing provinces. The processor just chews and chews away. I've done the install twice now with no changes.

Same for me.

Same happens, when you install it over .12 (atleast for me)

At long last! The Cold War Scenario is out!
Ideally it should cover about 1945-55, but I suspect there may be some issues in the Korean War.
On my initial test, things follow pretty closely to history, especially for the Chinese Civil War. Greek Civil War may end a bit too quickly. I need it tested and for you to give feedback/bug reports.

A big appreciation goes out to strits1945, who helped out on some Vietnam files.
One issue I'd like to take a very serious look at is whether there is too much IC or a need to "peacetime mod" some countries. I think especially countries like Sweden and Japan need peacetime mods. Right now I haven't included that many, due to complaints about resource shortages that happen when you mod down the peacetime IC. India is peacetime modded on release.

Also one idea I'm looking into is to give some small nations ZERO IC and just some free money and supplies, especially for some great world powers like The Seychelles (ha ha).

You could give them like 0.4 off map IC though.

While modding the map I noticed that at some times. One thing I learned is that if ports are reassigned the program recalculates the naval distribution table which takes a few minutes. So try loading a scenario. It should load fine but stall the FIRST TIME ONLY. I looked at the naval distribution table and it looked unchanged. Then I found something! Because I'm using Windows 7 (Vista users will experience the same thing) the altered naval distribution table is in the COMPATIBILITY FILES section!

Try putting this file into the \map folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?zy4jmyouzdz

See if this fixes the problem!

While modding the map I noticed that at some times. One thing I learned is that if ports are reassigned the program recalculates the naval distribution table which takes a few minutes. So try loading a scenario. It should load fine but stall the FIRST TIME ONLY. I looked at the naval distribution table and it looked unchanged. Then I found something! Because I'm using Windows 7 (Vista users will experience the same thing) the altered naval distribution table is in the COMPATIBILITY FILES section!

Try putting this file into the \map folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?zy4jmyouzdz

See if this fixes the problem!

I can load up the scenario now but there is an error message saying: Can't Open 'ai\international.ai'. Seems to be working still if I ignore it.

Well it works to a point. It starts to freeze at reading scenario, then comes up with a critical error stating can't open 'ai\international.ai. But, if I hit ignore it will progress into the game. Is this going to cause further problems in game?