• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no offense but i am an idiot and I havent the faintest idea idea how to mod the game because i never have and i never played hoi2 so i have no idea whatsoever like i said if you have plans for just a release of a game in the 90s or one set in like 1951 with everything real world that would be awesome and the 51 scenario would be my personal favorite.

I just wanted to ask for a little confirmation that I will be working on the correct version of the original Fatherland mod, although I am 90% certain it is the newest released to public. Is it 1.03? If it isn't, it may be that I need the proper one sent to me after all. Of course, the only important thing about that is that I have all the events written for it, and the techs. Hopefully there will soon be an afternoon of immense boredom so I can get to work on this without distraction (other games).

Ok made the jump over yesterday...patched to 1.03 haven't noticed any problems with the patch...currently getting my feet wet...the AI is a LOT better, actually have to guard the beaches and pay attention in Shanxi against the Japanese. So once I get the game mechanics down a bit better I'll be more then happy to help run this mod through it's paces ;)

@Samilou
original fatherland download link
http://rapidshare.com/files/56440802/Fatherland_Beta.0.1.5.rar.html
development was stopped after that.
Use rapidshare during the week, as it sometimes is so overloaded that people can't use it on weekends without an account.
Use my setup and events, and only use that mod to fill out your events with what is missing from my fatherland adaptation. If you plan on adding/changing other things them PM me. Please don't use the Olympics. Also I dropped the events to rebuild Berlin as irrelevant. I was thinking maybe the fatherland scenario could be modded a bit to make it possible (as one of the possible paths) that it would NOT result in fatherland as per the book, but have the chance of instead ending up with the 64 mod initial setup.

@Kombatdoctr,
Plan to extend hospital techs but keep on land doctrines. I can think of several.
--shock trauma acute resuscitation units
--combat stress treatment
--improved antibiotics
--pacemaker technology (all but the earliest require computers)
--improved cardiac care
The first 3 would affect trickleback. The last two would mostly improve longevity of officers (unfortunately no way to dynamically mod this in game). Probably the best plan is 3-4 levels of catch all "hospital" techs each of which would have all of the above mentioned elements, and have the effects be +1 morale and a small trickleback effect.

Last edited:
@Samilou
original fatherland download link
http://rapidshare.com/files/56440802/Fatherland_Beta.0.1.5.rar.html
development was stopped after that.
Use rapidshare during the week, as it sometimes is so overloaded that people can't use it on weekends without an account.
Use my setup and events, and only use that mod to fill out your events with what is missing from my fatherland adaptation. If you plan on adding/changing other things them PM me. Please don't use the Olympics. Also I dropped the events to rebuild Berlin as irrelevant. I was thinking maybe the fatherland scenario could be modded a bit to make it possible (as one of the possible paths) that it would NOT result in fatherland as per the book, but have the chance of instead ending up with the 64 mod initial setup

As I said many times before I hope to try and implement events from the original Cold War mod sometime when the rest of the Cold War scenario and Fatherland is stable enough. It would be such a waste to abandon all those nice flavour events, weapons limitation events for former axis powers and so on that you could find in that unfinished mod.

I may also improve/correct some event descriptions and titles. The spelling and grammar in some of them is just terrible.

Regarding the Germania project, I was actually intending to use those events, they are excellent for flavour and I frankly, like them. I am not so fascinated about the set up of the 1964 scenario, so my own work will be concentrated around Fatherland+Cold War. I think a resource sharing might turn out productive though.

Regarding technologies, I realized I have no effective plan on how to assign them to the right countries in the right scenario (I know how to assign a tech, but not in large scale, keeping track of which ones are there and so on), at this pace it will take dozens of hours just to assign them all, and even then many may be missing. My original plan was to mostly work on events (as that is what I think I understand best), and only doing what is absolutely essential for an enjoyable, playable Fatherland and Cold War Scenario with a lot of events throughout a longer period.

You managed to make me try doing it all the way now though, but I figure I can't do the techs myself.

EDIT: Something wrong here, the version of Fatherland that I have seems to have both more content and later last changed dates than the one you uploaded. For example a 24 kb sized "Arabia.txt" in \events fatherland, which includes an interesting little scenario about Italy attacking Saudi Arabia, causing a major crisis involving the US and Germany.

Last edited:
Samilou,
It would appear that you actually have a more recent version of "Original Fatherland" than I do. Something involving a potential world war over the Arabian peninsula was definitely missing from the version I had. Would you mind posting the link?

The main thing I was thinking of in relation to 1964 mod was the possibility that the Soviet Union, instead of remaining the wounded bear that it is in fatherland, would instead go on a rampage of conquest and come back, as a major Asian power, possibly in conjunction with Communist China or even as a Eurasian power that has cores on Siberia, Mongolia and China. I'd probably have to play-test the USSR, though to implement this.

Bugs I've found in 0.12:
- I can research Advanced Nuclear Subs without having researched the previous tech, and I can't research the rest of that part of the tech tree.
- There's a bunch of random techs in the Navy tech tree that I can't research, they all stop at a certain point and I can't research them anymore, the only Navy tech tree I've finished is the carrier one.
- In the Air doctrines tech tree, the last bunch of stuff, Strategic bomber stuff I think, I can't research it.
- In Secret weapons, I can't research Nuclear Cruisers
- Some of the Inventions in Secret Weapons won't unlock, even when I research the proper things.

Last edited:
Samilou,
It would appear that you actually have a more recent version of "Original Fatherland" than I do. Something involving a potential world war over the Arabian peninsula was definitely missing from the version I had. Would you mind posting the link?

The main thing I was thinking of in relation to 1964 mod was the possibility that the Soviet Union, instead of remaining the wounded bear that it is in fatherland, would instead go on a rampage of conquest and come back, as a major Asian power, possibly in conjunction with Communist China or even as a Eurasian power that has cores on Siberia, Mongolia and China. I'd probably have to play-test the USSR, though to implement this.

While playing your Fatherland scenario as USSR, I found that I could reunite with Russia and Turkestan within a year or so, and then overwhelm Germany before they can build up their army, finally them surrendering after about 2 years of warfare (around 300 divisions).

I don't have the installer for my version of Fatherland left, only the fully functional folder and complete installation. I find teh idea of USSR controlling all of China odd, I can't see how a Russian-dominated entity with only some 20-40 million people could control hundreds of million of asians while still maintaining it's former identity. Chinese influence should be dominant in that case.

Last edited:
Samilou,
All you need to do is copy the folder, overwriting as needed. I would copy into a separate installation folder. Do you have a zip or rar file for your version?

One of the reasons for suggesting cores for the Soviets in China is to deal with the unfortunate game unbalancing caused by AoD's 10 tech teams.

Now did you get Russia and Turkestan to join you? Demand territory? Conquest?

Bugs I've found in 0.12:
- I can research Advanced Nuclear Subs without having researched the previous tech, and I can't research the rest of that part of the tech tree.
- There's a bunch of random techs in the Navy tech tree that I can't research, they all stop at a certain point and I can't research them anymore, the only Navy tech tree I've finished is the carrier one.
- In the Air doctrines tech tree, the last bunch of stuff, Strategic bomber stuff I think, I can't research it.
- In Secret weapons, I can't research Nuclear Cruisers
- Some of the Inventions in Secret Weapons won't unlock, even when I research the proper things.

More bugs found in 0.12:
- I can research 32 bit PCs without having researched 16 bit, the same thing is happening to that tech stuff next to the PC stuff, I can research huge parts of it without researching the previous techs.
-One of the Nuclear sub techs disables "Deep attack subs", does that tech even exist in the mod?
- I can research the last two navy bomber techs before the last, without having researched the ones before them, aka I can research 2x Navy bombers without having researched 1x Navy bombers.

Samilou,
All you need to do is copy the folder, overwriting as needed. I would copy into a separate installation folder. Do you have a zip or rar file for your version?

One of the reasons for suggesting cores for the Soviets in China is to deal with the unfortunate game unbalancing caused by AoD's 10 tech teams.

Now did you get Russia and Turkestan to join you? Demand territory? Conquest?

At one time I did make a military conquest of both, the time when I invaded Germany I only did demand on Turkestan and then rushed Russia. (I played USSR in Fatherland at least three times)

Don't think I understand what you mean by copying "the folder". You mean packing my Fatherland folder into Winrar with everything inside (minus the exe and unnecessary things like screenshots and saves)? It is what I was thinking of.

Kombatdoctr,
Found and will fix the nuclear sub and 32 bit PC bugs. Some of the computer techs are actually on separate sub-trees. For example, the PC, internet service and e-commerce trees all require the previous technology in the relevant sub-area. Many, though not all technologies on the sub-trees are research-able even if you have not researched the other sub-trees.

I found several inappropriate prerequisites with ships. Due to the number of bugs reported, I shall release 0.13 this weekend with mostly bugfixes and some technology graphics.
As for nuclear cruisers, the prerequisites were wrong, but after the fix, you will still have to research BOTH 1945 Heavy Cruiser AND 1945 Battlecruiser to get the unlock because the technology gives you BOTH nuclear cruiser AND nuclear battlecruiser.

Samilou,
If you have an original zip or rar file with the mod you can just post a link to that. Otherwise pack up your own zip or rar and post a link, please.

Last edited:
long term lurker but someone who has greatly enjoyed your cold war tech tree for both HOI2 and now AOD.

just wanted to add that im getting a strange bug in game as the soviet union where ive conquered parts of south east asia from the Japanese who took it from the british

now in singapore and one other former british owned province the british are able to land a division there (even though i own the province and im not at war them) and i get a "enemy in sight" popup which keeps poping up until i withdraw my unit from the province and thus surrender it to british control

it is 1948ish i think, and again, im not at war with the british

link removed

The essential files. This does not include graphics, save games or the exe. No Time Limit Patch is included, but I am not sure it works.

Last edited:
Should this be in the mods forum? :wacko:

PS: 900 posts! woot!!! :D

Link removed

The essential files. This does not include graphics, save games or the exe. No Time Limit Patch is included, but I am not sure it works.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! You definitely don't need/want the Colonization file (already included Generalplan Ost), Olympics (buggy and questionable), nuclear war (already covered by my own nuclear authorization procedure), auslagerung (pointless and doesn't do anything but slow down the game), colonial release, or any of the files that are clearly just copied from the vanilla.

Suggest--add events for Vichy France and Spain possibly defecting if Italy leaves/gets kicked out of the Axis.

Don't worry about NTL. It's not needed for AOD.

Any references to MAN in any files should be changed to U13. IMO any CHI/U13 friendship events should be contingent on the two countries existing and not being at war. In many of my games the two end up fighting and the Empire wins by about January 1949.

Also in the flavor file, suggest eliminating events that just deal with the building of German units--especially the ships. You don't need ANY technology related files or the secret weapons files.

Anyway you have a MUCH more advanced version of fatherland than I had previously possessed. Suggest working on the files one at a time and posting them as you go along.

Last edited:
Thank you! You definitely don't need/want the Colonization file (already included Generalplan Ost), Olympics (buggy and questionable), nuclear war (already covered by my own nuclear authorization procedure), auslagerung (pointless and doesn't do anything but slow down the game), colonial release, or any of the files that are clearly just copied from the vanilla.

Any references to MAN in any files should be changed to U13

Also in the flavor file, suggest eliminating events that just deal with the building of German units--especially the ships. You don't need ANY technology related files or the secret weapons files.

Anyway you have a MUCH more advanced version of fatherland than I had previously possessed. Suggest working on the files one at a time and posting them as you go along.

I personally never understood your harsh criticism of the quality of the original Fatherland mod. I guess this is the explanation.

I suggest you play for a bit until the inevitable end in 1956 due to this bergsjaeger bug. It's not that bad.

Just as a clarification, for the version I had, the universal complaint was that it crashed after 6 months. I also wanted one that did not completely overwrite the tech tree with one that is not compatible with a normal game. I won't have time to playtest your version for a while and want to simply put the files into fatherland for AoD. This could be later back-ported later to HOI2 DDA, for play to at least 1963.

Just as a clarification, for the version I had, the universal complaint was that it crashed after 6 months. I also wanted one that did not completely overwrite the tech tree with one that is not compatible with a normal game. I won't have time to playtest your version for a while and want to simply put the files into fatherland for AoD. This could be later back-ported later to HOI2 DDA, for play to at least 1963.

Also, this there is no "computer security" issues with the no time limit patch, it is a false alarm from some oversensitive anti-virus programs, like AVG.