• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ice Hawk, I already decided to add High Speed Rail (3 levels) and Magnetic Levitation Train. Mag-Lev trains are actually a reality in Germany, China, and Japan, but I've labeled it a future technology because right now they are only practical on short routes due to the cost.

Air Express sounds like a good idea. Might add it in the future. Right now the screen is somewhat cramped. Just-in time logistics sounds like a military doctrine.

techs_industry.png

Re: Hakenkreuz
The display of the Hakenkreuz is not permitted on Paradox forums.

Those who want the "real" German flag can get it from several other sites.

You know I've never actually done any modding before. But I'd be willing to help with some. Currently I'm writing a paper on the US sponsored coup in Guatemala in the 50s. I could help make an event for it.

chalbersma,
The coup in Guatemala would be an event, and you're welcome to write it. Don't forget to put
NOT = { exists = GER } as one of the conditions because the USA would have other concerns in a world where Germany won WW2. You don't need all the detail for the game, just the basics--
probably it would be triggered by
government = communist or perhaps even ideology = social_democrat
on a certain date. Then you'd have to give the USA the option to either carry out the coup or not, with consequences either way, based on your research. If the coup is carried out, then certain ministers are slept and the US-picked ones are installed. But you'd also have to assess the effects of the US decision on Latin American relations.

chalbersma,
The coup in Guatemala would be an event, and you're welcome to write it. Don't forget to put
NOT = { exists = GER } as one of the conditions because the USA would have other concerns in a world where Germany won WW2. You don't need all the detail for the game, just the basics--
probably it would be triggered by
government = communist or perhaps even ideology = social_democrat
on a certain date. Then you'd have to give the USA the option to either carry out the coup or not, with consequences either way, based on your research. If the coup is carried out, then certain ministers are slept and the US-picked ones are installed. But you'd also have to assess the effects of the US decision on Latin American relations.

I can try. I'll take a look and see what I can come up with.

my bad. Never felt like such an idiot in my life.

Last edited:
That is beautiful. Any eta on when we'll get to play with it?

We kind of need a proper scenario done for it... Someone up for helping me convert the CW and Fatherland scenarios with events into AoD?

danielshannon,
Not sure when 0.11 will be ready, but probably less than a week. Have to adapt my old SW events and then I'll add yours. With it I will have a scenario of sorts. I cloned the Abyss scenario and gave it a new start date in 1999, so people will be able to use it to prove how things work. My first experiment revealed no Y2K bugs, after putting in the modified tech teams.

CW and fatherland can't be properly converted until the tech tree is finished. Some of the tech numbers are changed. I'm working on the list of which ones. When that's done the main work will be checking all the inc files to look for techs that have to be renumbered.

Ice Hawk, I already decided to add High Speed Rail (3 levels) and Magnetic Levitation Train. Mag-Lev trains are actually a reality in Germany, China, and Japan, but I've labeled it a future technology because right now they are only practical on short routes due to the cost.

Air Express sounds like a good idea. Might add it in the future. Right now the screen is somewhat cramped. Just-in time logistics sounds like a military doctrine.
Just in time & RFID should be logistic techs so prob Inf tree.. but agreed

Also thought about radar tech to fill it out:

Advanced Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESAs)? ship tech but ground applications?
Modern Anti-stealth Metric Wave Radars #http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-Low-Band-Radars.html
Future Cellphone Radar(Celldar) #uses cellphone networks to track airborne threats, good against stealth as well.

Ice Hawk,
I left some room for radar and may add some of your ideas. Definitely planning to add anti-stealth somehow.

Last edited:
Suggestion for an Axis Victory - Cold War event:

1946 (when Germany is at peace, event offset 150 days): Germanization of Poland and it's conversion into Lebensraum. (Polish in western Poland are resettled into eastern Poland, Polish culture suppressed)

Suggestion for an Axis Victory - Cold War event:

1946 (when Germany is at peace, event offset 150 days): Germanization of Poland and it's conversion into Lebensraum. (Polish in western Poland are resettled into eastern Poland, Polish culture suppressed)

This kind of events already exist for all of Germany's conquests in Poland and the former Soviet Union west of the urals, in the Fatherland Scenario. These events grant cores gradually throughout from 1948 throughout the 50ies.

Ice Hawk & danielshannon
I plan to add 3 technologies for radar in the industry techs. Therefore I'm dropping the radar station bonus from the added weather forecasting technologies.
Ice hawk,
would you care to suggest the years for your radar technologies?

Samilou,
fatherland conversion should be trivial, but it would have to await the tech tree completion. Then you'd need to look up in a conversion chart that I'm compiling what technology numbers to change / add.

Ice Hawk & danielshannon
I plan to add 3 technologies for radar in the industry techs. Therefore I'm dropping the radar station bonus from the added weather forecasting technologies.
Ice hawk,
would you care to suggest the years for your radar technologies?

Passive Radar/Emitter Locating System #http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Warpac-Rus-PLA-ESM.html; basically advanced 3D ELINT systems. Was all the rage in the 90s with accusations of transfer to Serbia & Iraq (Kolchuga-E). ~1990

Modern Anti-Stealth Metric Wave Radar #http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-Low-Band-Radars.html; turn of the century ~2005

Future Cellphone Radar(Celldar) #uses cellphone networks to track airborne threats, good against stealth as well. Still experimental but shows promise, even against tracking ground objects as well so possibly some land bonuses. c2015-20

Ice hawk,
Thanks for the info

There's actually a 4th method to defeat stealth, and that is to look for the blockage of the expected background pattern and deduce that "this must be a stealth aircraft". I can't find a link for that but I'll probably just use your three.

There's no more room on the industrial tech screen for anything else unless I do some compression like the infantry screen or have a new button suitable for 6 columns. So I'll close submissions for industrial techs, though I have a couple of my own I'm considering.

As for secret weapons, plan to add
1) carry-over from my secret weapons CWTTEP for Arma-done
2) 3 new levels of night vision-done
3) danielshannon's technologies (supercomputer, weather, space)-done
4) killer satellites
5) early stealth fighters and bombers
6) biosphere experiments
7) Mars landing

Last edited:
Do you have any new plans regarding doctrines?

It is a shame that modders can't use any of the modifiers from minister or national values in events and techs. I would like to see some sort of low intensity conflict land doctrine that gave benefits to specific espionage missions (ie funding partisans/ sabotage).

Ice hawk,
Thanks for the info

There's actually a 4th method to defeat stealth, and that is to look for the blockage of the expected background pattern and deduce that "this must be a stealth aircraft". I can't find a link for that but I'll probably just use your three.

There's no more room on the industrial tech screen for anything else unless I do some compression like the infantry screen or have a new button suitable for 6 columns. So I'll close submissions for industrial techs, though I have a coiple of my own I'm considering.

4) killer satellites
6) biosphere experiments
7) Mars landing

I wold suggest a "Rail-Gun" Path , bringing a Antitank Railgun and new Battleships, having a STOVL-Air Brigade and Railguns ( Massive Damage within a Range of 500 km ) . Should be ready in the years from 2018 - 2022.

An i would suggest, if you have done the Fatherland Scenarion, a "OdeSSa / Morgenthau Scenario. The Morgenthau-Plan wanted to dissolv Germany into "Northgermany" and "Southgermany", deindustrialised. So 20 Millionen Germans could left to South America, buildung up a new "Nazi-Empire", Deutsch-Amerika.

According to what I've read on wikipedia, and other places, both the rail-gun and the battleship were rendered obsolete during World War 2, and they were actually rendered obsolete in part by GERMAN technology, namely the sinking of the Italian battleship Roma (after Italy switched sides) by an air-to-ground missile. So no advances on the rail gun, though it would make sense to have railway transit a prerequisite for the civilian high speed rail system.

I'm not going to do the suggested scenario but if someone else wants to do it, be my guest. The only SCENARIO planned is 1999 for Abyss/Armageddon (the 18 fantasy nations), plus conversion of those I've done for DDA 1.3. 1999 will be a modified Abyss scenario in version 0.11, designed for tech tree and Y2k testing. When things are complete, the 18 nations can be armed with 1990-1995 technologies as a modified Armageddon scenario where they are actually fighting. This should be good for play-testing to see how well weapons perform in actual combat.

danielshannon,
While finishing the secret weapons, now is the time to submit your ideas for land, sea and air doctrines. The tentative plan is to use the ones I developed for CWTTEP for Arma and look to see if any can be eliminated, then add to them. The plan is to gradually phase out the philosophical aspects between 1970 and 2000, making doctrines strictly technological thereafter, and use "doctrines" for improving weapons sub-systems. As an example, doctrines could lead to merging of fire control (becoming missile control) and ASROC, so that dedicated ASW is no longer needed and can be replaced by a unified attachment combining ASW and missiles for the non-capital ships. Another example would be the jet tanker doctrine, extending the range of bombers. The end philosophical doctrine would be something like "adaptive response" as a year 2000 doctrine. Nonetheless, countries would still have their preexisting culture and traditions, which would make individual countries stronger or weaker in certain areas.

Last edited:
4) killer satellites
6) biosphere experiments
7) Mars landing

Some suggestions

- Thermobaric weapons
- Smart weapons
- Unmanned combat systems
- Network-centric warfare
- Directed-energy weapons (killer satellites)
- Cyberwarfare

Might be too futuristic
- Plasma-based weaponry
- Magnetic weapons