• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes ALL TTs need to have end dates set to 2999 unless there's a reason otherwise (somebody died, company went out of business, etc.)
3) would you like to volunteer?

Possibly but I'm fairly busy with the current TT mod. and it's not quite as clear cut as that, i.e. English Electric built the cold war Lightning & the Canberra but they no longer exist as they were part of British Aircraft Corporation formed in 1960 so you'd have to clarify when each and every TT might finish and then you'd need to replace the lost TT, i.e. EE dies, replaced by new BAC but you'd have to research and propose that BAC and later BAE as a new TT (to take the mod through to the c.21) and make sure that they remain balanced within the overall game. This is an enormous undertaking as it's not just changing the end date.

Well I'd say automatically extend all and look for exceptions for major countries. Britain is going to be more difficult than most, I grant you, as many of the companies that won WW2 went out of business, especially the shipbuilders. In the case of English Electric, it should be reborn as something, as I don't believe its merger affected the health of the British Aircraft industry. I dare say the UK would not be quite the technological powerhouse today (especially when it comes to ships) that it was during WW2, and would be dependent on the USA alliance. Anyway for me the tech tree comes first and I'll tackle end dates when I get a chance if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Last edited:
Re supercomputers,
In view of the enormous time span of the mod, AND the fact that the majors are a bit overpowered with 10 tech teams, discriminating against even US allies like Canada and Australia, 10% R&D is too much. I'd say 2% R&D plus 2% intelligence us vs them sounds better. For the commercial (regular) techs, a straight 2% R&D for each.
Okay, I’ll tone down the research effects. I still think that the personal computer techs should give a minor offmap money bonus.

I plan to keep the technologies AOD added. I've always been in favor of maintaining vanilla unless there's a very good reason.

That is my philosophy too. I don’t see the problem with adding the occasional tech to the wartime era, like the proposed early recycling tech.

The recycling techs can
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = supplies value = 5 }, including the WW2 one (I'll adjust AOD vanilla) .

So you don’t want any offmap resource bonuses with those techs? What if I toned them down?
Edit: Coded their effects as:
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = gearing_limit value = 5 }
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = supplies value = 5 }
command = { type = build_cost which = land when = now where = relative value = -5 }
command = { type = build_cost which = naval when = now where = relative value = -5 }
command = { type = build_cost which = air when = now where = relative value = -5 }

Nuclear:submit revised plan.
Vanilla techs give a 400% efficiency bonus to reactors in 1957. Below are my additions:

Generation II Nuclear Reactors
Year: 1976
command = { type = building_eff_mod which = nuclear_power value = 150 }

Generation III Nuclear Reactors
year: 1996

Generation IV Nuclear Reactors
year: 2012

Experimental Fusion Power Plants
year: 2020

Completing this tree gives an additional 600% bonus to efficiency, making Fusion reactors 1000% more efficient than the earliest nuclear power plants.

Weather forecasting should IMO increase the max_org like vanilla AOD.
It did in my initial suggestions. I’ll keep that stuff but drop the naval positioning effects.

Spy tech :usual effects us vs them, surprise chance. I'll play around with the numbers.

Okay. I have some ideas for those.

Anything else use your judgment. I can always play around with the numbers later, and will be thankful
for your efforts. Will send you a PM
Between what I'll carry over, what I plan to add plus your ideas, we should have some bang-up industrial and SW trees.
I concur. I look forward to this.

Last edited:
Hey I got a question seeing as the doctrine trees aren't done yet, but is it possible to add doctrines that represent defense forces that were formed like Japan did in the 1950's? Or is that really to nit picky in an attempt to represent just them?

That also being said are we going to see work done to see techs and such for nations such as West Germany and Japan or is it going to kinda cut off at WWII tech and then be given less attention afterwards?

I only ask because nations like Japan, though being classified as a defense force, has one of the largest military budgets in the world.

No more advanced business networks? This is great though. More civilian technologies are certainly needed.

Just for you. :)

# Improved Business Networks
application =
{ id = 13940
name = TECH_APP_INDUSTRY_94_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_INDUSTRY_94_DESC
position = { x = 174 y = 153 }
year = 2002
# Information technology Services
component = { id = 13941 name = TECH_CMP_INDUSTRY_94_1_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# modern networking infrastructure
component = { id = 13942 name = TECH_CMP_INDUSTRY_94_2_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Modern Electronic Data Interchange
component = { id = 13943 name = TECH_CMP_INDUSTRY_94_3_NAME type = management difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Modern electronic funds transfers
component = { id = 13944 name = TECH_CMP_INDUSTRY_94_4_NAME type = management difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Modern electronic supply chain management
component = { id = 13945 name = TECH_CMP_INDUSTRY_94_5_NAME type = management difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 13930 }
effects =
{ command = { type = research_mod value = 2 }
command = { type = free_money value = 5 }
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = 5 }
command = { type = intelligence which = them value = 5 }
command = { type = intelligence which = us value = 5 }
}
}

Last edited:
I sent off the code to nomonhan.

Here is a preview of the new weather/satellite techs:

#Final Weather techs 16760-16780
# Real Time optical observation Satellites
application =
{ id = 16760
name = TECH_APP_SW_76_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_76_DESC
year = 1976
# electro-optical digital imaging device
component = { id = 16761 name = TECH_CMP_SW_76_1_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Relay network
component = { id = 16762 name = TECH_CMP_SW_76_2_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# High apogee orbit
component = { id = 16763 name = TECH_CMP_SW_76_3_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Polar relay stations
component = { id = 16764 name = TECH_CMP_SW_76_4_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Image Analysis
component = { id = 16765 name = TECH_CMP_SW_76_5_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 7320 }
effects =
{
command = { type = max_organization which = land value = 5 }
command = { type = max_organization which = air value = 5 }
command = { type = max_organization which = naval value = 5 }
command = { type = task_efficiency which = air_superiority value = 0.05 }
command = { type = radar_eff value = 25 }
command = { type = army_detection which = us value = 30 }
command = { type = intelligence which = us value = 20 }
}
}
# Modern Weather Radar networks
application =
{ id = 16770
name = TECH_APP_SW_77_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_77_DESC
year = 1982
# Standardized Doppler radar Networks
component = { id = 16771 name = TECH_CMP_SW_77_1_NAME type = management difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Next generation Radar experiments
component = { id = 16772 name = TECH_CMP_SW_77_2_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Mesoscale meteorology
component = { id = 16773 name = TECH_CMP_SW_77_3_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Improved Doppler Radar
component = { id = 16774 name = TECH_CMP_SW_77_4_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Real time Analysis
component = { id = 5025 name = TECH_CMP_SW_77_5_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 7320 7290 }
effects =
{
command = { type = max_organization which = land value = 2 }
command = { type = max_organization which = air value = 2 }
command = { type = max_organization which = naval value = 2 }
}
}
# 21st Century Weather Radar networks
application =
{ id = 16780
name = TECH_APP_SW_78_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_78_DESC
year = 2005
# Improved National Radar Network organization
component = { id = 16781 name = TECH_CMP_SW_78_1_NAME type = management difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Improved Meoscale Meteorology
component = { id = 16782 name = TECH_CMP_SW_78_2_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# dual-polarized Doppler weather radars
component = { id = 16783 name = TECH_CMP_SW_78_3_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Experimental Phased Array Radar
component = { id = 16784 name = TECH_CMP_SW_78_4_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Real time Analysis
component = { id = 16785 name = TECH_CMP_SW_78_5_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 16770 }
effects =
{
command = { type = max_organization which = land value = 2 }
command = { type = max_organization which = air value = 2 }
command = { type = max_organization which = naval value = 2 }
}
}

I've also attached a preview of Space techs from the 1970s onward. The intelligence benefits aren't as loony as they may seem. The first orbital space laboratories were allegedly used for reconnaissance. I also assumed that people on these space stations/shuttles would occasionally repair satellites. Plus, if you are putting this much effort into your space program, its reasonable to assume that you've been launched more and more satellites into orbit.

#New Space Techs 16790-16820
# Orbital Space laboratory
application =
{ id = 16790
name = TECH_APP_SW_79_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_79_DESC
year = 1975
# Prolonged Zero-g training
component = { id = 16791 name = TECH_CMP_SW_79_1_NAME type = training difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Laboratory Module
component = { id = 16792 name = TECH_CMP_SW_79_2_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# radiation hardened avionics computers
component = { id = 16793 name = TECH_CMP_SW_79_3_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Special Purpose Reentry Module
component = { id = 16794 name = TECH_CMP_SW_79_4_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Environment conditioning units
component = { id = 16795 name = TECH_CMP_SW_79_5_NAME type = chemistry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 7320 }
effects =
{
command = { type = research_mod value = 2 }
command = { type = free_money value = -5 }
command = { type = vp value = 5 }
command = { type = army_detection which = us value = 5 }
}
}
# Early Space Station
application =
{ id = 16800
name = TECH_APP_SW_80_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_80_DESC
year = 1995
# Extra-vehicular assembly
component = { id = 16801 name = TECH_CMP_SW_80_1_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Space architecture
component = { id = 16802 name = TECH_CMP_SW_80_2_NAME type = mathematics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Experiment Module Laboratory
component = { id = 16803 name = TECH_CMP_SW_80_3_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Unmanned resupply spacecraft
component = { id = 16804 name = TECH_CMP_SW_80_4_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Advanced Life Support System
component = { id = 16805 name = TECH_CMP_SW_80_5_NAME type = chemistry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 16790 }
effects =
{
command = { type = research_mod value = 3 }
command = { type = free_money value = -10 }
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = 2 }
}
}
# Advanced Space Station
application =
{ id = 16810
name = TECH_APP_SW_81_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_81_DESC
year = 2017
# Automated transfer vehicle
component = { id = 16811 name = TECH_CMP_SW_81_1_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Integrated Truss Structure
component = { id = 16812 name = TECH_CMP_SW_81_2_NAME type = industrial_engineering difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Multipurpose Laboratory module
component = { id = 16813 name = TECH_CMP_SW_81_3_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
#Advanced Docking cargo Module
component = { id = 16814 name = TECH_CMP_SW_81_4_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer
component = { id = 16815 name = TECH_CMP_SW_81_5_NAME type = nuclear_physics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 16800 }
effects =
{
command = { type = research_mod value = 5 }
command = { type = free_money value = -25 }
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = 5 }
}
}
# Space Shuttle
application =
{ id = 16820
name = TECH_APP_SW_82_NAME
desc = TECH_APP_SW_82_DESC
year = 1982
# Solid Rocket Boosters
component = { id = 16821 name = TECH_CMP_SW_82_1_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Orbiter vehicle
component = { id = 16822 name = TECH_CMP_SW_82_2_NAME type = aeronautics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Grid Compass
component = { id = 16823 name = TECH_CMP_SW_82_3_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Orbital maneuvering system
component = { id = 16824 name = TECH_CMP_SW_82_4_NAME type = rocketry difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
# Test flights
component = { id = 16825 name = TECH_CMP_SW_82_5_NAME type = technical_efficiency difficulty = 10 double_time = yes }
required = { 7320 }
effects =
{
command = { type = research_mod value = 2 }
command = { type = free_money value = -10 }
command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = 2 }
}
}

Maybe it's just because I'm testing these with my own mod, but the aircraft techs' names and slots come over the tech window. They are not fitting.

E: Strange, now they are normal again :confused:.

Last edited:
Holly shit, danielshannon & nomonhan! this keeps looking better & better! :)

My only thought is that the research times should continue to grow throughout the decades as projects become more and more complex. The continued research bonuses from techs will start really adding up later on, & you dont want to run out of stuff to research:wacko:

Make the research difficulty keep growing from avg of 10 in 50-60s to 15, 20? etc

Well I'd say automatically extend all and look for exceptions for major countries. Britain is going to be more difficult than most, I grant you, as many of the companies that won WW2 went out of business, especially the shipbuilders. In the case of English Electric, it should be reborn as something, as I don't believe its merger affected the health of the British Aircraft industry. I dare say the UK would not be quite the technological powerhouse today (especially when it comes to ships) that it was during WW2, and would be dependent on the USA alliance. Anyway for me the tech tree comes first and I'll tackle end dates when I get a chance if someone doesn't beat me to it.

i've changed all end tech dates that were 1970 to 2999. i see some end dates are 1960 - do these need to be changed to 2999?

here is link for 1970->2999 files.
http://www.filefront.com/15928541/teams2999.zip

Holly shit, danielshannon & nomonhan! this keeps looking better & better! :)

My only thought is that the research times should continue to grow throughout the decades as projects become more and more complex. The continued research bonuses from techs will start really adding up later on, & you dont want to run out of stuff to research:wacko:

Make the research difficulty keep growing from avg of 10 in 50-60s to 15, 20? etc

I agree. Most of the computer and Space techs that I coded were at difficulty 20 for every component.

makes sense - researching a bolt action rifle & a space shuttle shouldnt take the same amount of time :rolleyes:

other than that Great Job!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your work,
danielshannon (got your files)
and
s3nn3n
for the tech team end date modifications

You'll of course both be mentioned in the credits.
I've got my work cut out for me so I won't comment a lot for a few days.

Icehawk,
I have already progressively increased the research times for the weapons systems also so they are typically up to 15-16 or so at the end. This will be in the next update.

Plans for next update (v 0.11)
-bugfixes
-new techs for ind and sw (both danielshanon's and mine)
-above mentioned progressive difficulty fix for all weapons systems
-tech teams to 2999

Last edited:
and
s3nn3n

Icehawk,
I have already progressively increased the research times for the weapons systems also so they are typically up to 15-16 or so at the end. This will be in the next update.

-bugfixes
-tech teams to 2999
I hope one of those bugfixes stops one of the heavy armor techs from corrupting save games.

and
s3nn3n

Icehawk,

-bugfixes
-tech teams to 2999

Hope research times for techs that most minors can research in RL is kept modest though. Research time should only be long for techs like space technology, strategic bombers, ICBMs or similar hyper-expensive junk. Other things are hard enough if not way too hard for minors to research anyhow. Nuclear weapons may need to be kept fairly cheap to research, as it is not an extremely advanced process in RL. Even minors like Israel, Sweden, Switzerland, North Korea, Pakistan or South Africa have proven their ability to reserch it within a reasonable timeframe, although some of them didn't finish the project for political reasons. And nuclear power should be made achievable for any nation even with just one or two tech teams.

I'll take a look at what should be kept a bit cheaper. But keep in mind that by 2000 you should have a research mod of at least 150%, so difficulty 10 would be an easy technology. As for "some small countries" like Israel, Switzerland and Sweden, I'd argue for treating them as special cases and giving them a research mod bonus value, as I did in HOI2. But this won't be implemented until the more basic items are complete.

I'm giving the reactors difficulties of 10 (1970) same as vanilla 12 (1996) 14 (2012) but 20 for the fusion reactor.

Kombatdoctor,
One of the bugfixes is for the heavy tank. If you can't wait, you can do a quick fix by editing the heavy tank brigade and clone the last level, so you get one more level. Do the same for the division HQ.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at what should be kept a bit cheaper. But keep in mind that by 2000 you should have a research mod of at least 150%, so difficulty 10 would be an easy technology. As for "some small countries" like Israel, Switzerland and Sweden, I'd argue for treating them as special cases and giving them a research mod bonus value, as I did in HOI2. But this won't be implemented until the more basic items are complete.

I'm giving the reactors difficulties of 10 (1970) same as vanilla 12 (1996) 14 (2012) but 20 for the fusion reactor.

Kombatdoctor,
One of the bugfixes is for the heavy tank. If you can't wait, you can do a quick fix by editing the heavy tank brigade and clone the last level, so you get one more level. Do the same for the division HQ.
Nah I'll wait, I want to try those Industry techs and the Army techs at the same time.

i wanna ask something ? is it illegal to use the swastika flag for Germany ?? because the German flag in the game is the German Empire flag, which is unrealstic, so i was wondering, if it is not illegal, maybe you could replace the flag with the swastika, so it is more relastic

small point about the addition of modernized transportation post armored railways/logistics. High Speed Rail, Magnetic Levitation Railways, Air & Ground Express(fedex air :), Just In Time Logistics, RFID Logistics