• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you followed the installation instruction that came with the .zip file (readme.txt)? You need to install both CWE 0.18 and 0.185 without the config folders before this one. If using the CWE config files this just won't work.

Yeah, I did that, and can play .185 just fine. I did a little more digging and it looks like "The Red Barons" was a scenario back in the Arma version of CWE that didn't make the transfer to AoD. No biggie, I was just curious. Thanks for the thought.

I finally reinstalled a copy of aod and it seems I've got CWE MD working but it crashes in the cold war scenario after a few days elapse. Some error about c++ being asked to close in an unusual way comes up. Any suggestions about what i can do?

Okay. So I see what I did wrong. I copied in the config file and i guess that crashes it after aw eek or so. So after installing 1.85 over 1.8, I just replaced the config with the original, right? The game is working now, but with a lot of unknown strings in the tech trees(beyond the aod ones) as well as some with the events. Is this a symptom of the fact that the mod isn't finished or is there a file I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like no one's around anymore. Too bad. It was a really good mod.
I would have liked to know if CWE was going to be upgraded for AoD 1.08, but seeing the volume of posts the last several months I think I have the answer.

So, final thoughts: Nomonhan, IceHawk and the rest, much thanks for your work. It was a great time.

Does the mod work with 1.08?

I installed in for 1.07 and it works all fine but always on 10th January 1946 the game crashes, any idea why?

Last edited:
well when i tried to update my little modifications i jst had to upadate the misc.txt in the db folder (make sure you take all changes made to the misc in 1.07). otherwise i think there are some text strings missing.

Once I'm done with my map mod (which uses 1.08) I'll take a look at CWE with some friends and see what sort of bandaid we could apply to get it to work.

Once I'm done with my map mod (which uses 1.08) I'll take a look at CWE with some friends and see what sort of bandaid we could apply to get it to work.

That'd be superb, it would suck if this mod would end it's days with a version that doesn't work.

Do you have this installed? It's made for V1.07.

I have also made a version for AoD V1.08 but so far I have only tested it with a 1936 campaign. The cold war period is totally untested.

Attachments

• CWE .185 for AoD 1.07.zip
    2,5 MB · Views: 128
Do you have this installed? It's made for V1.07.

I have also made a version for AoD V1.08 but so far I have only tested it with a 1936 campaign. The cold war period is totally untested.

Yeah, I suspect it's some event that's causing the game to crash when you get post war.

Yeah, I suspect it's some event that's causing the game to crash when you get post war.

I quickly went through the CWE events and found a couple of events firing that day (or close). Unfortunately I couldn't find any typo errors. If it is an event error, then most likely it's somewhere inside db/events_vl/communist_china.txt.

EDIT: Here's one fixed file. Overwrite the one in db/events_vl folder with this one. I doubt this is the reason for the CTD though.

Attachments

• commonwealth_defeat.txt
    40,9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I quickly went through the CWE events and found a couple of events firing that day (or close). Unfortunately I couldn't find any typo errors. If it is an event error, then most likely it's somewhere inside db/events_vl/communist_china.txt.

EDIT: Here's one fixed file. Overwrite the one in db/events_vl folder with this one. I doubt this is the reason for the CTD though.

You were right about the communist_china.txt file, it's the one causing the crash, I renamed it so the game couldn't find it and thus no event to fire and I got passed January 10th.

And after some testing I figured out it's even 611003 that's causing the crash, not sure why it's causing it as my event modification skill ain't the best.

After some further testing I figured out that it was a trigger event from event 611003 all the way to event 611006 which I found out is causing the crashing and now it's just what part of it is to blame.

Yep found it, it was the command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } which was causing the crash, I just removed all of those commands from the event and everything works fine.

Here ya go guys, enjoy. View attachment communist_china.txt

Last edited:
You were right about the communist_china.txt file, it's the one causing the crash, I renamed it so the game couldn't find it and thus no event to fire and I got passed January 10th.

And after some testing I figured out it's even 611003 that's causing the crash, not sure why it's causing it as my event modification skill ain't the best.

After some further testing I figured out that it was a trigger event from event 611003 all the way to event 611006 which I found out is causing the crashing and now it's just what part of it is to blame.

Yep found it, it was the command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 } which was causing the crash, I just removed all of those commands from the event and everything works fine.

Here ya go guys, enjoy. View attachment 70105

This "command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 }" should work ok so this is quite surprising. I'm playing a game with AoD V1.08 with SMEP and the SMEP's Spanish Civil War event uses a lot of these without a CTD. There used to be some problems with this command though.