• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cool that sounds like a very good way to handle the wars. Lots of rebellions in south vietnam which is very historical short of so US whould need to transport lots of troops or just leave and let N.Vitenam conquer the south part and sign a peace treaty...Very good. yea sure i post the link to the listing of US latin american invovlement someone gave it to me on another fourm.

http://www.zompist.com/latam.html

Most of these would be events with maybe two way or three way decsions like do it or don't or do something else. But most aren't really wars but they are occupcation and killings that would be great historical events that you could include.

All nuclear weapons events are located in the file db\events_vl\nuclear_weapons.txt

A summary of the nuclear events is that:
1) You have to be at war.
2) You have to have manufactured a nuke
3) you must have a nuclear monopoly or loss of territory.
4) you must belong to the "nuclear club". In other words if you are Tibet, you're never going to be able to nuke anybody.

Shortly after the scenario loads you'll get an event permitting you to override these defaults, so that nuclear monopoly is no longer considered. In some cases, such as Cold War scenarios or the abyss/armageddon fantasies, the rules are preset by the scenario. In the doomsday scenario, the nuke setting is aggressive.

NOTE: If you are a nation that is NOT in the "club", but want to be, here's what you do:
1) Back up the original file nuclear_weapons.txt.
2) do a tag replacement as follows:
Notepad
Edit
Find and Replace (replace 'AXI' with [your tag])
Replace all
Save the file

Niffy,
Don't understand why this is happening to you but doubt that it is something I can fix. It might be an executable bug or an issue with your computer. If you can regularly cause this to happen at a certain point and know what seems to do it, post a savegame link.

Last edited:
I think I may have worked out why this error is occurring.
Its if you(Well me) make changes in the province.csv file.
I was altering the resources, (manpower, metal etc etc) I've stopped that and it seems to be not crashing.
Somehow the amount of resources produced has a direct affect on production. But this may be due to me maxing out the resources in the province file, thus producing positive values with a negative sign (which turn up green). I take a guess and say the resources from the province file, is stored as integers when the game loads it, so if you start increasing this during the game, you could well end up going above the limits of an integer value and will get strange errors.

The reason why I was probably getting this error on your mod rather than the standard game is due to your modifiers having a bigger affect.

Sorry for any problems caused, but thought it might be worth while sharing this information. So if you get anything like this in future, check out the values of the province.csv for resources.

Now I'm going to play with this mod for days, owning the whole world hopefully :D

nomonhan, if i can be of any assistance wud be all to happy, i got quite a knowledge of british politcs over the last 70 years as well as plenty of information regarding important events in the country

OK phoenixrises, then can I count on you to tackle two jobs:
1) updating the British ministers file
2) UK election events
OK?

Event suggestion

This event comes pretty late in the game, but could you add event chain regarding the MIR-submarine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIR_(submersible) This event would involve both USA and USSR and Finland and start in 1987.

The chain could be like following: Soviets decide wheter to start or not the MIR-program. If they choose yes, Finland gets an event if they want to build it. AI-chance for these two should be high. When Finland builds those MIRs, Soviets get small reseach bonus and possibly higher chance to spot enemy submarines, smaller chance for their subs to be spotted by enemies and possibly one blueprint for submarine tech. In Finland there should be a techteam "Rauma-Repola Oceanics". This team would gain some skill, 1-3 and Finland should get some money or other bonus.

After these, event fires in USA. They can decide whether to demand Finland to cease delivering MIRs to the USSR, or let them continue. If option a, Finland should decide if they want to continue or not. If yes, an off-map money modifier (simulates Rauma-Repola´s oil-rig deliveries in to the U.S.) would be removed. If no, Rauma-Repola loses skill, Finno-USA relations will be hurt, Finno-Soviet Improve and more MIR-delivery events will be fired in the following years, for example once in a year for five years. Every time Soviets get small research bonus and Finland gets money.

Unfortunately I can´t code events but this might be a good starting point for someone who can.

Gosh I knew nothing about that event. But it's going to be a long ways off, as my mod is still in the 1945-60 period in terms of events. Perhaps for now you can suggest an overall list of Finnish tech teams and /or election events.

I'm not sure if we've talked about this before but why don't you allow the extra Generals of the Warlords to join with Nat Chi when absorbed? I'm curious what the reasoning was because I have some possible ideas based on what it is. :)

The major warlord leaders are already in both the warlord and China files. Now there are some extras, but they are mostly White Russian and German--either that or they're probable fakes. No I cannot recall you mentioning it. If they are real, a "giveleader" command (new for AOD) would work. Why would you request it? Is China running out of leaders?

Hey Nomohan, love your mod, (only reason I'm still playing HoI2/AoD) :p. I was trying to figure out how to replicate the events needed to activate Fatherland from the '36 scenario. One of the requirements involved the 'Empire of China'. I've never seen it before, and was wondering how it comes into existance?

Last edited:
LOL no I'm not running out of leaders I just like the extra flavor of having the generals like Streccius....also problem with Peace Talks when they break down they trigger the civil war listed as event 99 when it's even 100.

The major warlord leaders are already in both the warlord and China files. Now there are some extras, but they are mostly White Russian and German--either that or they're probable fakes. No I cannot recall you mentioning it. If they are real, a "giveleader" command (new for AOD) would work. Why would you request it? Is China running out of leaders?

Hey Nomohan, love your mod, (only reason I'm still playing HoI2/AoD) :p. I was trying to figure out how to replicate the events needed to activate Fatherland from the '36 scenario. One of the requirements involved the 'Empire of China'. I've never seen it before, and was wondering how it comes into existance?

Fatherland from 36 is a VERY tricky thing, requiring a number of things, not all of which are coded. The story line is that two things happened at the same time--British surrender due to a successful U-boat war (I don't know if that's possible to replicate) plus Bitter Peace. Bitter Peace would have to be modified to give the Germans a bit less and create Russia between Germany and the rump Soviet Union. The one thing that I HAVE coded is the Japanese surrender to the USA if the Soviets are out of the war. This WILL create the Empire of China. Fatherland for AOD is not yet set up. It's not my highest priority right now and the guy who volunteered for that decided he had better things to do. So for right now you have to play Fatherland from HOI2 Armageddon 1.3 and accept the fact that it ends in 56 with a crash from the Indochina War. But you'd at least see Generalplan Ost, and the fact that the Empire of China can take over China without too much difficulty. Also I've had reports of people who managed the wounded Soviet Bear to victory over Germany!

Keioel,
I'm not really interested in putting extra leaders who might not even be real into the files of a nation with 400+ leaders already. I put some of the warlord leaders into the Empire of China files and Northern China (Japanese puppet) files because they need the leaders and they make sense in the situation.

However if you insist, you would just need to put the appropriate giveleader commands in the warlord annexation chains. The giveleader command is not documented but it exists and works, with a syntax similar to the giveteam command.

Last edited:
Fatherland for AOD is not yet set up. It's not my highest priority right now and the guy who volunteered for that decided he had better things to do.

What would it entail? From my first time playing HoI2, I've wanted to extend the game past BP for the Germans. I've played around with the editor a bit, and if it's not too difficult (ie, lots of brute force work), I may be able to at least do some work for it (it can't really hurt, can it?). I wouldn't normally suggest that, but I really love what you've done for the game and if I have a chance to help out, I'd love to.

EDIT:

I usually release Russia after Bitter Peace. Would that suffice (for the requirement of Russia existing)? I'll just have to figure out a way to get the US to beat Japan now.

Last edited:
Fatherland has to be released as a scenario. There are too many things that just don't work as designed if you try to create it from 1936. I played around with a Churchill's Nightmare scenario (like 44 but Soviet surrender, the UK a German puppet, India independent, etc) and here's what happens
1) Almost no matter what I do, Japan conquers China.
2) The USA still focuses on Europe and does 2 things:
a) It takes over Britain
b) It makes a thrust from the Middle East up into Russia.
3) In 1948 Japan still holds a lot of territory.
4) Making the UK neutral doesn't work because they just join the allies again. You'd have to completely rewrite the US and UK AI files, and probably the Canada, Australia, NZ files and many others as well.
The only way to generate Fatherland from 1936 is by doing a multiplayer game, with you being Germany and your friend being the USA (or vice-versa), and each of you military controlling your allies.
You'd need a modified Bitter Peace (or followup--suggest followup) to create Russia, Turkestan, and Primorsk. You need an "atomic peace" event when Germany and the USA both get nukes.
Doing Fatherland by converting the scenario from HOI2 involves a lot of tedious work in checking out which technologies may gave changed numbers, replacing the spyinfo headers, and seeing what additional technologies (synth materials plants, rail artillery, heavy subs, etc) everyone should get.

Here are swedish techteams, added some new and edited some starting/ending dates and also specialities/skills on the existing ones.

SWE Name Pic Name Skill Start Year End Year Speciality1 Speciality2 Speciality3 Speciality4 Speciality5 Speciality6
3200 AB Elektrolux T_SWE_Electrolux 6 1930 2999 electronics mechanics
3201 AGA AB T_SWE_AGA 5 1930 2000 chemistry electronics
3202 Arne Beurling T3200 7 1930 1954 mathematics
3204 Atlas Copco T_SWE_AtlasCopo 5 1930 2999 mechanics technical_efficiency industrial_engineering
3205 Bengt Nordenskiöld T3211 5 1930 1954 aircraft_testing fighter_tactics piloting
3206 Bofors AB T3201 7 1930 2005 artillery chemistry mechanics naval_artillery
3207 Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori T_SWE_CarlGustafsStadsGevarsfaktori 4 1930 1999 general_equipment infantry_focus
3208 Charles de Champs T3215 5 1930 1939 centralized_execution large_taskforce_tactics naval_training seamanship
3209 Eriksbergs Mekaniska Verkstads AB T_SWE_Eriksbergs 4 1930 1979 mechanics naval_engineering
3210 Flygtekniska försöksanstalten T_SWE_FFA 5 1940 2000 aeronautics bomber_tactics fighter_tactics
3211 Försvarets forskningsanstalt T_SWE_FOA 5 1941 2000 chemistry combined_arms_focus large_unit_tactics management nuclear_physics
3212 Gösta Ehrensvärd T3216 5 1939 1960 centralized_execution naval_training seamanship small_taskforce_tactics
3213 Götaverken T3202 5 1930 1989 electronics naval_engineering technical_efficiency
3214 Helge Jung T3212 5 1944 1951 combined_arms_focus decentralized_execution small_unit_tactics
3215 Husqvarna T3203 5 1930 2999 artillery general_equipment mechanics
3216 Hägglund & Söner T_SWE_Hagglund&Soner 4 1930 1972 aeronautics general_equipment mechanics
3217 KaMeVe T3205 5 1930 1970 general_equipment industrial_engineering mechanics naval_engineering
3218 Karlskrona Naval Yard T3204 6 1930 1970 naval_artillery naval_engineering naval_training
3219 Kockums Mekaniska Verkstads T_SWE_Kockums 6 1930 1999 industrial_engineering mechanics naval_engineering general_equipment
3220 Kungliga Tekniska högskolan T_SWE_KungligaTekniskaHogskolan 5 1930 2999 chemistry electronics industrial_engineering mechanics nuclear_physics
3221 LM Ericsson T3207 7 1930 2001 electronics industrial_engineering
3222 Landsverk AB T3206 6 1930 1992 artillery general_equipment mechanics technical_efficiency
3223 Lise Meitner T_SWE_Lise_Meitner 6 1930 1968 nuclear_physics
3224 Manne Siegbahn T3217 6 1930 1978 electronics mathematics nuclear_physics
3225 Nils Swedlund T3218 5 1951 1961 centralized_execution infantry_focus large_unit_tactics training
3226 Olof Thörnell T3214 5 1930 1944 centralized_execution infantry_focus large_unit_tactics training
3227 SAAB T3208 7 1930 2999 aeronautics electronics mechanics rocketry technical_efficiency
3228 Sandvikens Jernverk AB T_SWE_Sandvik 5 1930 1970 industrial_engineering technical_efficiency
3229 Scania-Vabis T3209 6 1930 2999 industrial_engineering management mechanics technical_efficiency
3230 Sven Gustaf Wingqvist T_SWE_Sven_Gustaf_Wingqvist 5 1930 1953 industrial_engineering management mechanics
3231 The Svedberg T3213 6 1930 1971 management mathematics nuclear_physics
3232 Torsten Rapp T3219 5 1943 1970 aircraft_testing bomber_tactics piloting
3233 Volvo T3210 6 1930 2999 industrial_engineering mechanics electronics

3234 Asea AB asea 5 1930 1959 mechanics electronics management industrial_engineering
3236 Asea AB team_noimage 7 1960 1988 mechanics electronics management industrial_engineering nuclear_engineering
3237 BAE Systems AB team_noimage 7 1930 1970 artillery mechanics electronics chemistry technical_efficiency
3238 Totalförsvarets forskningsinstitut team_noimage 6 2001 2999 electronics training aeronautics management combined_arms_focus
3239 Sony-Ericsson team_noimage 7 2002 2999 electronics management mathematics
3240 Sandvik AB team_noimage 8 1971 2999 mechanics chemistry industrial_engineering technical_efficiency
3241 CybAero team_noimage 6 2003 2999 electronics mechanics aeronautics aircraft_testing
3243 ABB team_noimage 8 1989 2999 mechanics electronics chemistry management industrial_engineering
3244 Militärhögskolan Halmstad team_noimage 5 1946 2999 small_unit_tactics combined_arms_focus decentralized_execution infantry_focus training
3245 Sjöstridsskolan team_noimage 5 1946 2999 naval_training seamanship small_taskforce_tactics submarine_tactics centralized_execution
3246 Luftstridsskolan team_noimage 5 1946 2999 aircraft_testing fighter_tactics piloting centralized_execution aeronautics

I removed Astra, because I felt that sweden has plenty of techteams and the company was a pharmaceutical company.

Last edited:
Great work,
Adding
3247 Vattenfall team_noimage 7 1975 2999 electronics chemistry nuclear_engineering industrial_engineering
Changing Lise Meitner's start date to 1939
Otherwise accepting your teams. Would you care to supply some team images?

P.S. Please do not change the tech team numbers from the original. I lost track of how many man-hours I've spent debugging wrong tech teams being slept and awoken by events because the AOD team changed the tech team numbers.
Thank you!

OK, I must me more careful. Astra was on top of the list, removing it probably changed the numbers or something. Next time I make sure that those numbers doesn´t change.

Here are images of swedish techteams:http://www.mediafire.com/?v46ujjf1ww5yik5

Added new picture for SAAB, now you can the Drakens flying in the sky :)
I could not find picture of Torsten Rapp or Nils swedlund :(
Sandvik might need a better picture.