+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linking Posts for AAR Table of Contents

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Linking Posts for AAR Table of Contents

For which I apologise ... and I think this is the best place to ask it.

Its about html markups.

I've worked out (yep prob about 15 years after everyone else) how to link to a thread and show it as a piece of covering text with the name not a piece of code.

What for the life of me I can't work out is how to do the same to a specific post ... just I'm trying to add a few TOCs to some of my AARs.

thanks ... bows head in shame at such a level of ignorance

ta

Roger

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Hmm if you mean doing doing this then all you have to do is :

[*url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10808822&postcount=1]text[/url] (without the *)

How you get the http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10808822&postcount=1 is by right clicking on the post number on the top right of the post and clicking 'copy link location' or 'copy address location' depending on your browser . If that's what I mean , please do let us know so that we can be of more help
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

many thanks ... I was trying all sorts of combinations but thats exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    many thanks ... I was trying all sorts of combinations but thats exactly what I was trying to achieve.
    If you want to show the entire thread with this post at the top change the "showpost" in the link to "showthread" [*url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10808822&postcount=1]text[/url]

good luck!

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLegioMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

How do/Can you link to a certain point of an update?

OK I am asking because in my AAR I am doing a sort of history book summary of what transpired during the game. In the summary I have links to the updates in which certain events transpired. What I really would like to do is somehow link it so that when you click the link you don't get the beginning of the update instead you get like the middle or another part. Is there any way to do that?

If you don't get what I'm asking let me give you an example:

Lets say I am summarizing the events of June 1941 in my summary. During June a naval battle took place at the Gulf of Bomba. In my summary I linked the text to the corresponding update but when you click it you start at the top. The battle doesn't start until roughly the midway point of the update. Is there anyway to make it so that when you click the link your brought to like the halfway point of the linked post?

Thanks!(If you still don't get it go to the UK aar in my sig and go to the very last update, you'll see what I'm talking about).

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Merged the threads and changed thread title as this will likely answer the question (and is one I have often, myself. )
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    The closest thing you ask for are "anchorlinks" used by the libraries. They do exactly what you ask except, IIRC, it is only on that page...so unless your AAR fits onto one page...I'm not sure this is right for you.

Anyways, it goes something like this

[*anchorlink=anchor1]Title of link[/anchorlink]

[*anchor=anchor1]What I want linked[/anchor]

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you could probably do some fancy URL linking such as "http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352182#anchor3". Maybe if you add #[anchorname] at the end of the URL, you will get the desired result.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    The closest thing you ask for are "anchorlinks" used by the libraries. They do exactly what you ask except, IIRC, it is only on that page...so unless your AAR fits onto one page...I'm not sure this is right for you.

Anyways, it goes something like this

[*anchorlink=anchor1]Title of link[/anchorlink]

[*anchor=anchor1]What I want linked[/anchor]

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you could probably do some fancy URL linking such as "http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352182#anchor3". Maybe if you add #[anchorname] at the end of the URL, you will get the desired result.
    Seems complicated lol. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks a lot.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilFishtank View Post
    Seems complicated lol. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks a lot.
    Works, click on this link.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...page=6#anchor1
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    Awesome!

I'm still having trouble though.

I went to the update and did [*anchor=anchor1] [*/anchor] arround the thing I wanted the reader to be directed to and then I put the #[anchorname] at the end of the link but it didn't work still. What am I missing?
    Last edited by EvilFishtank; 18-03-2010 at 22:09.

+ Reply to Thread