• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your welcome,
BTW, I just downloaded the mod, played a game as the CSA, annexed the USA (and all its territories) by August 1943 (I guess it's 1863), and.... it was pretty fun! The only thing that seemed to be weird (Besides the whole "WWII era people in the Civil War") was the lack of victory events. By the time I had taken New York City or Boston, I would think the Union would have quit. But, I know this mod isn't finished, so I thought I could give my opinion on a Confederate Victory event.

-Confederates must hold: Richmond, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, and (maybe) Boston.
-The Union gives into the Confederate territorial demands (It gets all its cores on the USA and its territories).
-Lincoln is impeached (duh, He led the country into a Civil War and lost!)
-Other stuff that I can't think of right now.

Just some suggestions, I can tell there has been a LOT of hard work put into making this thing playable.

Keep up the great work,
Crilly

Glad to have you DAS IST SPARTA ! Thanks for your wish to help ! ;)

Actually, if I may ask, from a pro Dixie like you, what I might really use is some help on texts pro-Dixie. This take an awfull lot of time, especially for me. I already did a lot of research but I'm not entirely into the pro-Dixie ideas. I don't mean that I'm pro Union in this debate (honestly the more I'm doing research on the subject, the more I'm siding with the Confederation !), I just mean well I'm doing researchs on this since last december, when I got time.

So, you are probably in a better place than I am to write great texts pro-Dixie :) Would you be interested by writing some things on this ?

For example, I need ideas on how to change Jefferson Davis inaugural speech in february 1861. In the idea : it must still be "pro south", but have three ways:
1) Pro-State rights (whatever the subject)
2) neutral between the two
3) Less rights for the States

One opf them being the historical sentence

I took a look at it and I must say it's pretty hard with this speech ! Much more easy for Lincoln (as he stayed on the "neutral" way almost in the entire speech...)

I'm not asking for you to do the job for me don't worry it would be rude ;) but ideas, way of saying things, other way to think what Davis could have said that might still be in the Confederation interest might be a huge help.

To see what the final work looks like, you can see it with the first part of Lincoln's inaugural speech here

I dare to ask that because it's really something I need help to do. If you still are interested by doing some researchs of course ;)

Your welcome,
BTW, I just downloaded the mod, played a game as the CSA, annexed the USA (and all its territories) by August 1943 (I guess it's 1863), and.... it was pretty fun! The only thing that seemed to be weird (Besides the whole "WWII era people in the Civil War") was the lack of victory events. By the time I had taken New York City or Boston, I would think the Union would have quit. But, I know this mod isn't finished, so I thought I could give my opinion on a Confederate Victory event.

-Confederates must hold: Richmond, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, and (maybe) Boston.
-The Union gives into the Confederate territorial demands (It gets all its cores on the USA and its territories).
-Lincoln is impeached (duh, He led the country into a Civil War and lost!)
-Other stuff that I can't think of right now.

Just some suggestions, I can tell there has been a LOT of hard work put into making this thing playable.

Keep up the great work,
Crilly

Thanks for the nice words about the work done ;)

And thanks for those ideas... But my problem (and it is a HUGE one) is that I am not able to create an event linked to specific territories... I don't know why really. I have shown my events to several peoples and no one ever saw something bad without them... I don't get why it doesn't work.

That is why there is no victory events for now. When I create them they just don't work.

Until I have understand why I fail at that, I can't create victory events...

Anyway, your suggestions are good. really nice actually I'm not sure what other conditions/consequences I could add to that.

What Crilly said is pretty much what I'd say. (On the Confederate victory event.) Boston is too far though. But! I think events for both sides when an important city is taken by the other side would be nice.

So Boston isn't needed to win the war by the Confederacy, but if they make an amphibious assault and take it, the major dissent hit for the union and less dissent for them might help in the war. What do you think?

I totally agree on those ideas...

Actually the idea I had was to also put events where great battles. For example, if the Union takes Memphis (Tennessee), the event battle for Shiloh happens, which gives bonuses to the north AND to the South. This is meant to make the war last longer. The more the South lose, the more it receives bonuses (for example, R.E. Lee promise freedom to every slave that come to fight the Yankees in the Confederate Army if the South is losing badly, or Dixie people are more united (more manpower, less dissent) with defeats because they hate more the North. And of course the same kind of events should exist if the Union is losing.

Independant States :

- Texas
- Louisiana
- Mississippi
- Alabama
- Georgia
- Florida
- (South Carolina) as CSA
- Arkansas
- Tennessee
- Virginia
- North Carolina
- Missouri
- Kentucky

Indians tribes are "Southern Indian Territory" and "(Afghanistan) which I still must rename Northern Indian Territory"

And I received your files thanks that's great work thanks !

About the problem I wrote about yesterday, I'm afraid that's worse than I thought. I'm unable to have proper saves after June 1862, somtimes august 1862 and I don't know why. This means it is impossible to save our games after those dates for now... This is a real problem and I don't know how to deal with it. I'll again take a look at this and run some tests but I don't know where it comes from so...

I explained it with more details here

I'd prefer to deal with this bug before releasing the next version as it is the kind of bug that can kill the fun in a game (knowing that leaving the game means losing the game after a little more than one year of war...)

Are you kidding me... Armageddon mod? grrrrrr

Yep, sorry only Armageddon...

You can stil try it with an older version it might work ... I honestly don't know but it was developped for Arma.

Glad to have you DAS IST SPARTA ! Thanks for your wish to help ! ;)

Actually, if I may ask, from a pro Dixie like you, what I might really use is some help on texts pro-Dixie. This take an awfull lot of time, especially for me. I already did a lot of research but I'm not entirely into the pro-Dixie ideas. I don't mean that I'm pro Union in this debate (honestly the more I'm doing research on the subject, the more I'm siding with the Confederation !), I just mean well I'm doing researchs on this since last december, when I got time.

So, you are probably in a better place than I am to write great texts pro-Dixie :) Would you be interested by writing some things on this ?

For example, I need ideas on how to change Jefferson Davis inaugural speech in february 1861. In the idea : it must still be "pro south", but have three ways:
1) Pro-State rights (whatever the subject)
2) neutral between the two
3) Less rights for the States

One opf them being the historical sentence

I took a look at it and I must say it's pretty hard with this speech ! Much more easy for Lincoln (as he stayed on the "neutral" way almost in the entire speech...)

I'm not asking for you to do the job for me don't worry it would be rude ;) but ideas, way of saying things, other way to think what Davis could have said that might still be in the Confederation interest might be a huge help.

To see what the final work looks like, you can see it with the first part of Lincoln's inaugural speech here

I dare to ask that because it's really something I need help to do. If you still are interested by doing some researchs of course ;)

I can do some pro-South texts, though I would have to send them to you via PM because I don't have any experience modding. Just let me know what you want!

Some things to follow up on:

Blacks in the CS Army
Cherokee Braves
The French invasion of Mexico (contemporary with the war, maybe some events for that)
I would also recommend a new map, like the one used in the Yugoslav Wars.
Music Links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWB7_o6x6DA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUkKWNHzEwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3d4SBVjgEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYRmsbEQXEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyCyYlEOIQE

A word of advice as well...

You probably will be accosted by someone who will object to what you are doing. They will, most likely, have some sense of (baseless) moral authority or self-righteousness, maybe a massive case of political correctness (any flag related to the CSA has become, unfortunately, the equivalent of a Nazi flag in Europe, and flying one could get you killed!), and won't give up easy. Check out the Yugoslav Wars thread, start at page 200 and work your way up. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

So just PM me if that happens here, so I can correct the person in question.:cool:

Also, good work on the portraits, guys!

So just PM me if that happens here, so I can correct the person in question.:cool:

Another sad thing is that what most europeans see when talking about southerners is a hick. A drunk redneck in a pickup.

Thankfully, my image turned from that to a southern gentleman one. Thank God for games.

BTW, here's the example of the Union flag.
us2.png

I decided that instead of making my own cheap daubs, I'll ask a professional to do them. Well, how do you like the style?

Oh, and for the music we should also have the Rose of Alabamy and this. We should also have this as the menu theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU :cool:

Last edited:
Well first of all DAS IST SPARTA, I'm French and (at least for the next year) I'm still living in France so... Most people here do not know there has been a war between the north and the South. And even when they do that's not a very popular subject down here so I have nothing to fear here :) (at least on that subject...) I'm just discussing this with my brother and my father, both libertarians (while I'm a conservative) so it's pretty easy to debate this for now :D but now i'm really willing to do more researches on this subject... Now i'm thinking my year abroad for my studies I might do it in the University of Atlanta or in the University of Texas (my new school has deals with both of them) to be able to explore better the subject...

On the music, I already have them but bought throught Itune... However, I had to do to a new install of windows... Now it seems the songs do work without Itune !!! I'll try it as soon as my computer is entirely up to date to put them into the mod. if it works they will be in the next version :) but I'll be also looking for Northerner songs... I still wish this mod to not be partisan. So this mod must have as much Dixie songs as Union songs...

About the three subjects, I think the most important two are blacks in the Confederate army, and indians. I know some things but not much....

The most important subjects however would be the ones I talked to you about before. Those have to be implemented in one of the next beta versions, even if the next ones will have those events, but ithout texts...

Vesimir, your work is great !

However guys, May I remind you that in a way the most urgent matter for me is to know if you also have the bug I have with saves ? Without saves, no game... And always ending a game in the summer 1862 sounds really early to me !!! even not fun at all !! Look at my AAR, I'm in the middle of it not even sure to win and I can't play it anymore !!! :D So I'd really LOVE to know if you have this bug too !!!

If you don't, then my new windows install might have save this. If you do, I'll have to keep looking for a way to repair this...:confused:

Anyway, once again (it's the least I can say ;)) thanks for your helps opinions and work guys

I just had a Union game. I swamped the CSA with cavalry. I won the war by December 1861. Researching blitzkrieg helped.

Anyways I continued playing to check the save game isssue. To be clear, I haven't annexed the CSA. They were holed up in Miami.

I saved and loaded three times in June and two times in July. No problems.

I just had a Union game. I swamped the CSA with cavalry. I won the war by December 1861. Researching blitzkrieg helped.

Anyways I continued playing to check the save game isssue. To be clear, I haven't annexed the CSA. They were holed up in Miami.

I saved and loaded three times in June and two times in July. No problems.

Thanks that's good news... If I'm the only one having it, it means at least people can continue downloading and playing it ! :D

Last edited:
That's very very very good ! And much more better than the current one (the current one is just a painting that I put there :) )

Also love the flag you put on the top in place of the vanilla one.

This is easy to implement so if you send it to me it can be in the next version that I hope to release this week (the week end is still into the week right ? :D)

So ! I wasn't able to do the work I wanted to do on the mod this week but I'll try to do some this week end.

About Vessimir's work, I started to implement it. When the next beta will be out, you guys are not gonna believe it ! His work is really great, and it give a real "professional" feeling to the mod. (And hosnetly, see those skins with HoI2, it almost makes me feel like what he did should be used on a game like HoI3, with better graphics :D yeah I'm sending lots of flowers but I'm really incapable of doing what he did...)

So all of this will be in the 0.21 version

I really don't know how to create such beautifull pictures !!! i'm only good at putting them into the game :D so such a graphical capacity is impressive to me :D

A request to the people following the mod

I am really glad that now a lot of people is following it and helping. Every single addition to the mod 1) something I don't have to do or might not have been done 2) add a lot to the mod.

Now as I am about to release the next version (still a few things to do but it's almost ready) I begin to realize there is a huge point on which I don't spend enough time/don't have enough time to spend on it : texts !

There is still more and more events without texts, with a simple "to do" notice. You won't see all in one game as lots will appear only if you take the choices that makes them appear, but I think it's around 80 to a 100 events without the proper text description that exist in the sole "war between the States scenario" in the version 0.21.

So I'm looking now most of all for people (better than me in writing english) with some historical knowledge and willing to write something ! If you are interested please send me an mp !

Honestly the mod begins to not be right with so much events with "to do" texts :wacko:

And on that note, I have just edited the front page of this thread. Now all the people who gave me some help on something are listed. hat's the least I can do for you guys ;)

And a very positive news :

Since I began the AAR "For Southern Rights" a few days ago, a lot more download of the version 0.2 happened. Now 105 people tested the mod ! Thank you guys !