• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So some news at last !!!

Some bad news i'm afraid...

I) About the next version : it will take much more time !

As I tested the last things I implemented in the mod, I'm afraid it cn't work the way I wished... This means that the work I did recently (which means 80% in "coding" and 5% in writing texts) is useless the way I did it...

Why that ? Simple... I wish decisions made by the union and the CSA would have a real impact on political decisions from the States. At first i tried to make this work through a "simple" system : one decision brings one consequence. In term of gameplay, this is just AWFULL... 1) lots of decisions do not have consequences because others simply delete them, so in term of gameplay, around 60 to 80% of your decisions will be simply deleted by the opponent... If I let this working this way, why even doing it ? And why would the player bother thinking about it ? 2) it, in the end, brings nothing to the game despite lots of work from myself.

Those simple points bring me the conclusion that this is an awfull idea...

I won't entirely delete wat I already did. The basical idea still stands... But differently.

Now I will have to implement for the next patch the "influence" system. That doesn't just mean lots and lots of work from me :) it also and mostly means that the gameplay will rgith now implement the fact that decisions will have a clear impact on the war between the States.

Now, every sentence, every decision will bring more "influence" points to the Union or the CSA. Each State will require a number of "influence" points to join a side. For example, Arkansas will require 50 influence points from the CSA to join them, but 80 influence points from the Union to join them. (those numbers are arbitrary, it's just an example). this reflect the fact that Arkansas is clearly a Southern State who wish to defend States rights, but if the north prove that it stands with States rights, Arkansas could stay into the union.

On the other hand, Missouri, which was a state that could have gone with the South, would probably need something like 90 influence points owned by the Union, and 95 points owned by the CSA.

I do not intend to change the way States that joined the CSA prior of the war works for now. it might be necessary with further developpement. But for now I just prefer it it stay like this.

II) About a new version for AoD : not now !

For a simple reason : I did not bought it for now... and even if in the end I wish to do it... I don't now when i'll do it... So if someone wish to try it on AoD and to adapt it where it has to be adapted, that would be a great thing for all of you AoD players :)

Now the good news ! :D

According to "Media fire", 81 people tried this second beta version of the mod ! I honestly don't know if this a good for a HoI mod, but it's a clear improvement since the 44 people who tried the first beta version ! And honestly since I did very very little things to make it being known, I really like the fact that so many people decided to try it. So thank you guys for trying it !

I'm lovin it, just annexed all nations as CSA. But there is a problem. Militia has bugged upgrades, which makes them "upgrade" every 24h without changing their model. It got annoying at first, then I switched off upgrade popups :D

I'm lovin it, just annexed all nations as CSA. But there is a problem. Militia has bugged upgrades, which makes them "upgrade" every 24h without changing their model. It got annoying at first, then I switched off upgrade popups :D

Really ? Are you sure of your installation ? I never had this bug, and I never heard about it from another player... If there is this bug it means that I messed with the files I put in the file of the mod you have to download... And to find where this comes from... hem... :)

Actually what is more annoying to me is the fact that militias are not supposed to upgrade, as there is only one model for militias ! The simple fact those are trying to upgrade makes me worry :eek:

Anyway thanks for your answer on it :D in the future, there will be goals for the South to just claim independance and peace, not simply annex the entire US, and then of course things to do !! (war on Spain and invasion of Cuba, here we come ! :D)

I love it. I'm so taken by the mod that I'm going to restart another game to judge it from a constructive point of view, just to see if I can help.

It's a great mod, indeed.

As my little help, I've done the portraits for Lincolns cabinet + a portrait of Davis.

ASmith.jpg
- Smith
ASeward.jpg
- Seward
ALincoln.jpg
- Lincoln
AChase.jpg
- Chase
ACameron.jpg
- Cameron
AWelles.jpg
- Welles
ADavis.jpg
- Davis

Thanks for your help Vessimir ! I'm not sure when I'll put them into the mod, I took a look at the file, and I must say its a file as awfull as the one for provinces so I'll have to take more time to understand how to change things...

The other solution would be to erase all leaders and generals, but that would mean 1) I do nothing but add generals and leaders for a long time 2) the next versions would be without generals and leaders... I'll think about it :D But I think erasing all the datas and rebuilding the entire file would be much more appropriate.

Anyway, great work man ! I love what you did and it will be put into the mod ASAP !!! I'm almost ready for the version 0.21, I'd like to give it to you during the coming week, even if there is not lots of changes that do change the game... So why not after that having a 0.22 version specially for the work you gave me ? It could come really fast actually.

Other news, I just had a huge problem : I can't use rare materials, nor energy nor metal to create the "influence points" ! I was doing this tonight and I realised I just can't do it as it seems it's not possible to make them useless in the game... Then the entire system on which I wanted to build the political system for the building of the South and the secessions (and of course international interventions) is just falling appart ! I do not know now how to keep the same system without the possibility to use those resources... I'll have to think about it (or if someone has an idea), but for now I'm afraid I must temporarily erase this point for the next beta version... :mad:

I got it ! I even feel silly I did not thought of that before... I wil use Belligerence for that !!! And that seems logical ! And it can work as I want... Meaning that for example (first idea) :

- For the Union endorsing Federal power will rise belligerence against the South but the population will be happy and then production rise.

- For the South, defending States rights will make belligerence rise against the North but please the population and potential other States. But in both cases, too much belligerence might bring international intervention.

I'll test it ASAP !!! Here I don't see why this would not work...

Sont forget that belligerence is earned when you take enemy provinces.

You're right about that. But it's easily manageable. You get belligerence only if you annex territories through treaties are annexion of an entire country. And through the creation of events it is possible to rise or lower the belligerence of a country with the command {type = belligerence which = [country] value = X}

Then for example, the creation of the CSA will rise the CSA belligerence but I might lower it immediatly through the same event.

Then the spy action that can rise belligerence of a foe can be usefull as well !!! You can rise the belligerence of the ennemy during the war to make France/Mexico/the UK declare war against your ennemy. And for example, if the CSA annex the New Mexico territory or an other one, well it's not a defensive war anymore, then France might decide to come into the war !

And of course, during events (for example the speeches of Davis and lincoln), decisions will lower or rise belligerrence as I wish it to !

Do you think this might work this way ? Of course it will need a lot of testing but... isn't it worth testing ?

Well, I've been silently watching this mod since the first day, and I feel that, since I had free time, I went and created the entire Confederate cabinet from 1861-1865. I did this, mainly, so Vesimir didn't have to.

The Confederate Cabinet (Not including Jefferson Davis):

Alexander Stephens:
alexanderstephens.png

Christopher Memminger:
christophermemminger.png

George Davis:
georgedavis.png

George Trenholm:
georgetrenholm.png

George Wythe Randolph:
georgewytherandolph.png

James Seddon:
jamesseddon.png

John C. Breckinridge:
johncbreckinridge.png

John Henninger Reagan:
johnhenningerreagan.png

Judah Benjamin:
judahbenjamin.png

LeRoy Pope Walker:
leroypopewalker.png

Robert M.T. Hunter:
robertmthunter.png

Robert Toombs:
roberttoombs.png

Stephen Mallory:
stephenmallory.png

Thomas Bragg:
thomasbragg.png

Thomas H. Watts:
thomashwatts.png

Crilly

Guess I should've looked here before doing it...

Well, I have them too so It's just deciding which ones have better quality now I guess. :p But I think I did miss some, cause I only did the ones that were on the Davis article in wikipedia as the csa cabinet.

Actually, I'll finish the Union cabinets and then archive them in a rar after which I'll send it to you, Ankios. Could you send me your email adress by pm?

Both of you thanks for your nice work. As said I'll finish the 0.21 version and then the 0.22 will be just on cabinet members (and maybe early work on generals) to add your work ASAP.