+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Imperial administration?

Imperial administration?

Is it really useful to adopt imperial admin (when having 30 provinces)? I can't see any longtime benefit in adopting imperial admin?

Your King becomes Emperor and that's cool. If you have a German nation your Emperor is called Kaiser and if you have a Russian nation your Emperor is called Tsar.
    You also get casus belli on all infidels.

A Single Spark
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2

A lot of people may say it's not worth it as it has little to change into afterwards. But, I hate having the nation decision button there looking all shiny and declaring an empire is always fun

The first, PSKOVIAN EMPIREEE

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenon I. View Post
    Is it really useful to adopt imperial admin (when having 30 provinces)? I can't see any longtime benefit in adopting imperial admin?
    Are there any Long-term disadvantages?
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Left forums by own decision Suecia's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome Gold

you get the imperialism cb too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zitanier View Post
    Your King becomes Emperor and that's cool. If you have a German nation your Emperor is called Kaiser and if you have a Russian nation your Emperor is called Tsar.
    You also get casus belli on all infidels.
    An Empire within another Empire (HRE)? That's kind of weird. Even weirder if your are the Emp of the HRE.

Does adopting an imperial admin have any effect on later governmental changes/decisions?

High King (With Opposition) Brian Bóruma's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

An Empire within another Empire (HRE)? That's kind of weird. Even weirder if your are the Emp of the HRE.

Does adopting an imperial admin have any effect on later governmental changes/decisions?
    The Austrian Empire was created in 1804 and the Holy Roman Empire wasn't disbanded until 1806... so at that time, the Austrian Empire were within the boundaries of the Holy Roman Empire, and the Holy Roman Emperor was the same person as the Austrian Emperor.
    Last edited by Brian Bóruma; 14-02-2010 at 12:44.
    Dílis d'ár n-Oidhreacht.
    True to Our Heritage.

1 Clerk
    Nationality: Irish
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Reactionary
    Issues: Moralism/Laissez-faire
    Militancy: 3 (+0.49)
    Consciousness: 8 (-0.64)

I find it normaler than being a 30 province giant but remaining a kingdom.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Blog Entries
    I find it normaler than being a 30 province giant but remaining a kingdom.
    France, coughcough.

In the 1700s they owned half of the Americas but were still ruled by a King.
    Though it was the French Empire...
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Suecia View Post
    you get the imperialism cb too right?
    Nope. It's strange though.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Nope. It's strange though.
    Not that strange actually. Imperialism and Imperial administration are two quite different things. Imperial administration represents Byzantine tradition rather than enlightened West European/Russian imperialism.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

well i just read that absolute monarchy gets it, and somehow i remembered empire gets it too. are you sure? starting in 1800 with russia youre an empire and get the imp cb right? or am i totally wrong

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

well i just read that absolute monarchy gets it, and somehow i remembered empire gets it too. are you sure? starting in 1800 with russia youre an empire and get the imp cb right? or am i totally wrong
    I don't remember which gets what, but EU3 wiki lists following government forms which get Imperialism casus belli:

Revolutionary Empire, Revolutionary Republic, Enlightened Despotism, Republican Dictatorship, Absolute Monarchy
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

I think it only says Empire, but if you hover over it, it's some other form of government (absolute monarchy?). Same if you check out Ming (Administrative Monarchy), Japan (Feudal Monarchy), etc.

right. must be it.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Centralisation can go to -3 without any aditional RR, the morale bonus is also nice and you get the holy war CB on all infidels and 0.90 magistrates aren't bad either

Quote Originally Posted by King_Richard_XI View Post
    France, coughcough.

In the 1700s they owned half of the Americas but were still ruled by a King.
    Though it was the French Empire...
    The colonies are a different thing. Many colonial empires were ruled by a King.(e.g.Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, France.)
    Last edited by Zitanier; 14-02-2010 at 15:05.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

The colonies are a different thing. Many colonial empires were ruled by a King.(e.g.Great Britain, Spain, Portugal, France, Netherlands.)
    During most of the EUIII-timeframe, the Netherlands was a republic.

Quote Originally Posted by S0ny B1ack View Post
    Centralisation can go to -3 without any aditional RR, the morale bonus is also nice and you get the holy war CB on all infidels and 0.90 magistrates aren't bad either
    That's a bunch of long-term benefits. Thx.

68 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ny B1ack View Post
    The magistrates are pretty useful, and the title is always cool!

And you can't get the peasant unrest series of events. And you can change into admin monarchy at gov 18, same as a feudal monarchy.

Basically if you want to be a monarchy, and you're big enough, there is no reason not to at the begining of the game.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast