• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Drachenfire

Buckler of Wales
25 Badges
Dec 10, 2004
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I wonder how hard it would be to create a royal family trait? Or maybe just a 'royal' trait?

What I envision is a new trait that fires to determine if a character's parent is a king or queen, and if so, gives the character this trait. A Royal Family trait could give extra prestige to the character as well to emulate the status of the character as a member of the Royal Family. Once the character has a Royal Family trait, the ai would not fire it again for the member, nor could the trait be lost.

I could see the event firing for newborns, then once every three or five years. Also, prehaps the matrix could be arranged to check when new kingship titles are inherited? If the later matrix is used, then it may be eaiser. It should not check for siblings of a king, because someone could become king and his children royals, but this does not mean that the new king's siblings and other relitives would then become royal themselves.

I do not know the proper prestige value that would be appropriate however. Maybe something equal to that of one or two ducal titles? I dont know.

When someone hovers their mouse over the royal family/royal icon, which could have a crown in the shield, then the tag could read something like:

This courtier is a member of a royal family. One or both parents may be a reigning king or queen, and this courtier exerts greater influence through-out the realm due to his proximity to the throne

Or it could read:

This courtier is a Royal. One or both parents may be a reigning king or queen. This courtier exerts greater influence through-out the realm due to his proximity to the throne.

Effects:

1. A general increase in annual prestige.

2. If the character is a title holder, then prehaps their sliders for its realms could also be effected to be something like:

X increase in nobles for males who aquire the royal family trait
X increase in peasents for females who aquire the royal family trait

Suggestions? I myself am not a coder, so we may need someone who is more skilled to create this trait.

Last edited:
One problem I foresee is that monthly prestige (and piety-bonuses) only work for rulers. A courtier with traits that give monthly bonuses won't see his prestige and piety increased.

Only one-time bonuses work for courtiers.

One problem I foresee is that monthly prestige (and piety-bonuses) only work for rulers. A courtier with traits that give monthly bonuses won't see his prestige and piety increased.

Only one-time bonuses work for courtiers.

Hummm.

Well, maybe the one-time bonus would have to be significant enough to stand the test of time? Then left for a "flavor" trait? Or something that can be piggybacked on?

What one time bonus would be appropriate? Something equal perhaps to the creation of a ducal title?

Or, prehaps meni-follow up events created to give those bonuses to those that have that trait? In yearly or maybe every three to five years doses?

Last edited:
someone already worked on something like that.

see this thread
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445215

IIRC it wasn't exactly working correctly but easily rectifiable

NICE!

But Tiki989 is using all three available traits. I wish to have a gay trait too, so using all three for a Royalty trait would not be compatible. But maybe he is open to revision or making a standalone mode. I'll pm him.

Thank you for pointing the way!

character_event = { #Gives royal child royalty marker
id = 891900
picture = "event_intrigue2"
trigger = {
condition = { type = ruler }
condition = { type = kingdom }
condition = { type = form_of_goverment value = feudal }
condition = { type = any_child
condition = { type = not value = { type = age value = 5 } }
condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = bastard } }
condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = user_defined_a } }
condition = { type = save_target }
}
condition = { type = has_target }
}
mean_time_to_happen = { months = 10 }
immidiate = { #Great
effect = { type = add_trait for = load_target value = user_defined_a } #user defined a is currently used as the royal marker
effect = { type = prestige for = load_target value = 50 }
}
}

character_event = { #NOT GURANTEED TO HAPPEN BUT PROBABLY WILL.
id = 891901
trigger = {
condition = { type = trait value = user_defined_a }
condition = { type = age value = 16 }
condition = { type = not value = { type = age value = 17 } }
}

immidiate = {
effect = { type = prestige value = 50 }
}
}

These events will give royal children the trait and prestige bonuses as per pm.

I am not sure how much help you need with the text and trait files but I can do them to if you have no idea how. However I never was very good at making the little trait graphics.

character_event = { #Gives royal child royalty marker
id = 891900
trigger = {
condition = { type = ruler }
condition = { type = kingdom }
condition = { type = form_of_goverment value = feudal }
condition = { type = any_child
condition = { type = not value = { type = age value = 5 } }
condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = bastard } }
condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = user_defined_a } }
condition = { type = save_target }
}
condition = { type = has_target }
}
immidiate = { #Great
effect = { type = add_trait for = load_target value = user_defined_a } #user defined a is currently used as the royal marker
effect = { type = prestige for = load_target value = 50 }
}
}

character_event = { #NOT GURANTEED TO HAPPEN BUT PROBABLY WILL.
id = 891901
trigger = {
condition = { type = trait value = user_defined_a }
condition = { type = age value = 16 }
condition = { type = not value = { type = age value = 17 } }
}

immidiate = {
effect = { type = prestige value = 50 }
}
}

These events will give royal children the trait and prestige bonuses as per pm.

I am not sure how much help you need with the text and trait files but I can do them to if you have no idea how. However I never was very good at making the little trait graphics.

Thanks Tiki! No, I have no way to make trait graphics :eek:o How are they made anywho?

With the above, does it track beyond the first generation any? It was not part of the origional concept but I began to ponder that after reading your own event more. It may be interesting to track a "decendent of royalty", as it were.

Might there be anyone able to create a graphic shield for us to use? Maybe a shield with a crown or something? :D

a crown with a blood drop to remember the dysnaty thing ?
(there's already a crown solo in the modded traits' graphic I used)

a crown with a blood drop to remember the dysnaty thing ?
(there's already a crown solo in the modded traits' graphic I used)

That could be the icon. A crown with blood drop?

I'm now going to be looking into the trait more fully now. This one will be the first, then I shall work towards using the two others.

Also, we will need the event to fire for when

1) a noble who creates his first kingship title becomes king, the AI needs to check his children and make them royal at that time.
2) when a successor succeds to kingship, the AI needs to check his children to make them royal as well.

Last edited: