• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(194129)

Corporal
1 Badges
Feb 5, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
Hello.

This is my first AAR playing as Qing Empire on HoI2-KR.

Read and Enjoy and sry for bad english :p

Note: The CCP Leader: Mao Zedong may appear from time to time in the AAR.
This is due to me sparing him to appear in some random situations additional to make him somehow a comical relief and because he's a Epic Person :)

Last edited:
A Thorn-apart China and the will of liberty

10 years have past since the german reinstalled the Qing Empire from the anarchy after the death of Yuan Shikai. China was Finally at peace.

34dm0l2.jpg

But China was now left thorned-apart by the Warlord, Ma Hongkui of Xibei San Ma in the west and Long Yun of Yunnan Clique in the South west. The german installed AlgOstAsia Company in the south and the Nationalist rebells of Shanqing Tianguo in the area of Yan'an and finally, the japanese puppet Fengtian Republik in the japan occupied area of Manchuria. Every one opposes the Qing Empire except for the german.

2w4cnrb.jpg

After a Government meeting,The Xuantong Emperor, Puyi, stood on the Balcony on the walls of the forbidden city, Watching down on the Squar of Heaven peace. He observed how citizens walked back and forth on the square. Knowing the situation in china right now, Puyi was asking himself: "Do I really deserve to be the ruler of China?"

Puyi told he's staff that he's going out for a walk. Dressed in a black Tangzhuang jacket, a pair of round sun-glasses and a hat, he walked out from the gates of forbidden city. He took the first rickshaw cab that stopped by outside the gates and told he to take him through the gates of Qianmen. Along the way, he saw children playing on the street, Food sellers that sold barbecue sticks and Fish sticks on the street, business men who sold ornament and accessories, Candy sellers who sold Bingtanghulu to the kids and citizens who either just sat down on somewhere on the square or walked around buying stuff from the stalls.
Even thought they tries to hide it, Puyi saw the there expression in there eyes, It showed disappointment and miss trust. Even though it's well hidden, but Puyi knows that Eyes never lies.

2ilc93n.jpg

When Puyi returned to he's palace inside the forbidden city, he was met by the general of 29. Landfront, The son of the Warlord of the former Fengtian Clique and one of most trusted friend, general Zhang Xueliang.
Zhang bowed down on he's knees saying: "Welcome back you majesty"
The servants and guards in the area did the same and called: "Seing he's majesty!"
Puyi showed appreciation and told them to stand up.
Every one called: "Thanks your majesty"

"Your Majesty, how's the walk been?" Zhang asked
"I've told you already that you don't have to be so polite with me, Just treat me as a friend"
"No, Your Majesty, I can't do that"
"I didn't ask you, It's an order from the emperor so you have to obey."
"Yes you majest... errm... mr Puyi, How's the walk been?"
Puyi looked up in the sky ans answered: "I've seen the citizen of china and their expressions. Their eyes told me that they are disappointed of the situation in our Country, There is also another wish glowing in there eyes, The wish of liberty and freedom. Freedom from the foreign oppression"
"So what's is your next decision?"
Puyi looked at the general and friend and replayed "If Liberty is what my people wants, as their leader I Can't just stand and watching the foreign ruler to thorn my empire apart. It's my role as their leader to lead the country against the foreign front and bring them Liberty!"
The voice was filled with determination, the determination of a great leader. Zhang understand now that this isn't the Kid who lost hi's power to Sun Yat-sen 25 years ago, the kid have grown up into a man that have decided to lead the Chinese to Freedom.

Last edited:
Spring of Reformation

The Chinese new year is closing in. To prepare for this event, Puyi and all the ministers of the Qing Government had a meeting to prepare the Seven days long Spring Festival.

2e2kvo1.jpg

"How's the Productions going?" He asked the Armament Minister: Fu zuoyi.
"The two factories that was requested to build in Kaifeng and Anyang is going on in fullspeed just as planned."
"Who is our trade partners?" Puyi asked
"It looks like the russians and the spanish are those that want's to trade with us, The russians are giving us energy and the spanish are giving us Rare Materials, And we are giving them some of our supply as the trade."

"What about the german?"
"The German seems to have their own problems."

2w5p0xv.jpg

In the same time as the preparation for the spring festival is taking place. Puyi and the Qing Government have signed some firms, Companies and Military Arsenals to improve and modernize the industry and the Armies of Qing Empire. The armies of China is heavily outdated. Puyi and the Chief of Army and General Zhang Xueliang have agreed that they shall not be involved in any kind of war before the army is up to date and better trained and well equipped.

Puyi late told the government that the people's need is their major priority now. It's important right now to keep the citizens happy so that a new revolt wouldn't start.

alno7o.jpg

Meanwhile the preparations is made. Things are happening in Europe.

11m6kpz.jpg

Many things are happening...

Days later on the 21 January

2qs44uf.jpg

The Chinese New Year have come and the seven days long Spring Festval starts. The streets filled up with kids running around playing. A Wushi Tiger is dancing around in the middle of mass of people. Music is playing anywhere and magicians have came to the festival to show some tricks.

Seeing this seems-like-never-ending-party. Puyi felt pleased that this festival was a succés.

Later that day. Puyi talked to the moderator of the party that he will talk to the people on the final day of the Festvial. Then he dressed himself as a Citizen together with Zhang and another servant, They joined the party. Inside the masses.
Puyi stopped by a book selling stall and found a book named: On Guerrilla Warfare by Mao Zedong.

2uj4686.jpg

The time flies by fast when you have fun. The seventh and the Final day of the Spring festival is here. The moderate stood now on the gates of the forbidden city and said : "And now ladies and gentlemen, Our lord, The Xuantong Emperor will have a Speech".

Puyi enters the stage, glancing down on the Chinese masses and began to speak.

"Good evening the People of Qing Empire, Hope the festival was good and you all had fun. Today is the Final Day of the spring festival. Time goes by very fast when you have fun. But having fun isn't what we are going to do all the time, I have seen your expressions you know, You people doesn't like the foreign rule in our mighty empire. I agree with you, The Qing Empire isn't meant to be a puppet of the Germans. We are Chinese people and this is our home, our territory. But RIGHT NOW the Germans are knocking on our doors, trying to take fully control over the country and I will not allow that. Today, I will announce that we are going to change, We are going to modernize politically and technologically and this without the interference from either the Germans nor the Japanese. From today! We are going to stand on our own legs and take back what the foreign countries took away from us. The Empire is now entering a new reform and I will announce that the Qing Empire from today will act on it's own now. And I will lead her people to liberty. And I want you to know that, Your emperor is not any longer the kid who was miss leading the Empire 25 years ago. Today! The kid have grown up to a man! Your leader, And he will bring Honor and glory back to China! I'm Xuantong Emperor Puyi AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE DRAGON! THE PEOPLE OF CHINA!"

The public was filled with happines and faith hearing the words of their strong leader, Puyi. As the nightfalled the winds wispered two words: Revolution and Liberty.

Last edited:
Best of luck beating Germany out of what is rightfully yours.

Days of reformation 1. -The waiting.

The Spring festival is over. And a new faith and energy was filled the Chinese of Qing empier. Meanwhile the reformations that Puyi promised are made.

qs5ov7.jpg

The situation in the west seems to going worser.

2nr0jfl.jpg

The Germans seems to have got the selves busier with it's Multi-party democratic system

2uif2nt.jpg

Suddenly, A reporter ran into a Government meeting with a very important news.
"Your Majesty! IT seems that the Berlin Stock Market just crashed!"
"What?! Tell me more!" Puyi Commanded "This maybe useful for our next move!"
"Yes your majesty, The stock market in Berlin just crashed recently, It seems like this event will lead the whole Europe into a economical crisis, The Netherlands is already affected. They call it the BLACK MONDAY in Germany"
"What about the Communists?" Puyi asked.
"The got a different economical system so this doesn't affect them." The armament Minister Fu zuoyi replayed.
"Does this affect our trades with the Europeans?" Puyi asked
"No it doesn't"

292twu0.jpg

The situations in Europe seems to becoming more and more instable as more politicians and ministers are dying and the crisis are spreading. Luckily this doesn't affect China

yifth.jpg

Just days after the black monday, A spy in AlgOstAsia reported that the head office of the German Company just burned down to Ashes. Many politicians view this as a good chance to launch an offense against the Company but Puyi Refuses saying "If we attack the company right now, The Germans will wipe us out of the world map completely, No attack before our armies is ready." Wu Peifu and Zhang looked at each other and agreed.

wtabnc.jpg

The Warlords in Yunnan clique also seems to get some problems in their territory.

2ep3sq0.jpg

But they were solved smoothly by the Warlord Long Yun

Last edited:
if you get lucky you will get manchuria without firing a shot after the orange fanatics DoW you

good luck

Days of reformation 2.- start of Mongolian Xibei conflicts and the Communists moves.

As the days goes, The European Countries are entering a Major economical crisis but meanwhile in Asia, Things are happening in Mongolia as the Qing government are busy with the reformations

nccz2a.jpg

A message was delivered to the foreign minister Wang Zuanxu, Chief of Army Wu Peifu and Puyi. On the governmetal meeting, they delivered the message to the rest of the government.
"It looks like the Mongols and Tibetans are building an Alliance" Wang said
"It ain't looking good for the warlord Ma HongKui and he's Xibei San Ma, The tensions between him and Von Sternberg is rising and if war starts, Who knows who will be the victories." The Chief of Army said.
"We can't conclude what's their next move is, I will suggest that we stay out of this and observing there moves from distance."
Puyi thought a minute and said "I agree, It's to dangerous to intervene in their conflicts, The Mongols got claims on us to, We can do nothing but observing from distance right now"

262nrk3.jpg

As times goes by when the Qing Empire is in full process of reformation and modernization, the crisis in Europe have spread to Scandinavia and Finland is the first to be affected.

5167u9.jpg

Poland is trying it's best to solve the crisis.
"What about the Ententes?" Puyi asked the reporter.
"Luckily they are outside Europe, so the crisis will not affect them, but they got their own problems"

dfgmmv.jpg

Just days later, AlgOstAsia GmBH have established a new Capital in Nanchang, Which is about 2 provinces away from the Qing borders but even though many politicians tries to convince Puyi into declaring war, He refuses saying "We can't afford a war right now, Our armies is weak and right now, We shall not lose our concentrations on the Mongols."

2s1pzr6.jpg

The crisis is getting worser, When it hit spain, The Qing Government feared that the spanish will cut off their trade agreements but luckily they didn't.

xnhi84.jpg

Suddenly one day, A very grear change in the world happened when Peru and Bolivia merged together and formed the Peru-Bolivian Union. The Qing government decided to establish a diplomatic relationship, Maybe future trade deals will be signed.

11b8aab.jpg

Suddenly on a Governmental meeting, News were reached to Qing Empire. The Communists and Syndicates are making there first moves. The Tension in Europe between The central powers and the Third International is rising.
Puyi commentet: "It's funny that the germans got times worrying about the workers when their Country is in a the middle of a major crisis."

sy9hl4.jpg

As days passes, The tension between the Centrals and the International is getting hotter.

tar5gy.jpg

and hotter...

331prm0.jpg

Times later, A very famous German book is released. The Title seems familiar, Wonder who's the author :p

Last edited:
i never saw that Peru-bolivia event :wacko:
what version of KR are you playing?

I suggest an intervention if Mongolia and Tibet invade Xibei San Ma. Mongolia becomes dangerous enemy when they get more territory.

I suggest an intervention if Mongolia and Tibet invade Xibei San Ma. Mongolia becomes dangerous enemy when they get more territory.

Yeah, But her army is small, And My army will become more standing and organized after the reformation event.

Days of reformation 3. Xibei v.s. Tibet and Mongolia The start of the Two front war

As days goes the Tension in Europe are heating.

But When Qing Empire haven't lost their main concentration. The Mongols.
Under these days, The tension between Xibei and Mongolia are heating up and finally...

30vzs6b.jpg

The mongols in Xibei's Territory longs for union with there fatherland. And Von Sternberg tries to grant this wish
"This ain't looking good" said the foreign minister on the governmental meeting.
"That idiot Ma Hongkui will never allow this." Zhang Said
Puyi thought for himself a minute and said: "Continue the observations and lets hope for the best, But it's likely that Xibei San Ma will declare war"

nwd4ch.jpg

Puyis estimations came true. Ma Hongkui's short temper made him declare war upon Mongolia and Tibet. On the next governmental meeting the politicians of Qing Empire are deciding what to do.

"The army of Xibei maybe a strong oponent in singel front, but in two front, they're useless, Mongolian got the most standing army right now." The foreign minister wang said.
"This war will be the doom of Ma Hongkui and he's Xibei San Ma" said Wu Peifu.
"Your Majesty, Shall we help him winning this war?"
Puyi sat on the throne and said "We shall avoid being dragged into this conflict, That isn't our role to solve this conflict. We shall just observe and support the winning part, as our armies need to be modernized and more standing to win against the Mongols."

205t4pc.jpg

The Chinese Government agreed in the end of the meeting that supporting the Mongols is a better solution then supporting Ma Hongkui, As deals are signed. But the Chinese will not mind who's the Victorious

The wind calls for final reformation!

As time passes when the Qing Government are doing reforms. The modernization of the Qing Community is almost complete. Puyi signed many laws and reforms that made the Qing Empire Stronger and the Community more modernized, like Compulsory Schooling, religious freedom and one of the most important: Liberal Hair styling. In some days, the citizens are loosely seen with the old Manchu Qing dynasty plait and the many have adopted a modern hair style, including Puyi himself...

dbh5d.jpg

Now the Final reformation remains. On the Governmental meeting Puyi looked down on the presented ministers (All with a new haircut) and asked "Now the Final reformation remains, Our empire needs to specialize in various directions, What's your opinion?"
The Armament Minister Fu Zuoyi approached with a suggestion. "I suggest that we shall industrialize our Empire, This will allow us to produce more for the people."
The minister of Resources said. "We shall expand our resources to afford more factories on our own."
Wu Peifu and Zhang came with another suggestion. "Expand our armies, We need to focus on the military. Right now we must focus on the army so that the Mongols will not bother us and we can chase the Germans and the Japs out of China."

21j6f6v.jpg

Puyi thought one minute and then standed up.
"Our empire is more modern then before, We have lowered our Authority when we signed the modern laws, making the community of Qing Empire more liberal and nicer, This is enough. Our Final step is the military, We can't drive out our enemies without a great Army. So I announce that the we shall expand out military."
Then he turned he's attention to Wu and Wang

352rb6p.jpg

"Wu Peifu, I order you to develop strategies in modern Warfare!"
"Yes Your Majesty, We will focus on the Mobility, That's the best for the Chinese Army right now" wu replayed
"Very good" Puyi said.
"And General Zhang Xueliang, I command you to recruit more men into the armies and Train them into a more standing army!"
"YES YOUR MAJESTY!" Zhang Replayed.

The meeting is ended and the Final Reform is done, The army will expand and modernize as Wu Peifu are developing new strategies in modern warfare. Wu took inspirations mainly two books, The ART OF WAR by Sun Tzu and On GUERRILLA WARFARE by Mao. Meanwhile, New Gears are developing for the army.

Last edited: