I decided this morning to play Alsace for fun. "Not very hard" I hear you scream. Lets put this into context. We begin surrounded with our near neighbours failing to be civil one being the province binger Burgundy. In this game that is no exception. None of my neighbours will allow an alliance and it is difficult to get military access for our small state to escape. There is a potential to be stuck the entire time under guarentee from everyone without being able to attack.
Last night I downloaded 4.1b to see what the fuss was about so this is what I am playing the game on. The rules are Normal for the most part. Inflation from Gold, Low ai aggressiveness because of improved AI that I am not used to. No lucky nations and I lowered the Spread of land provinces to 25 years but as usual the game still keeps it at 50.
My goals are 1. Survive the opening. 2. Become a dominate power with strong alliances so I can destroy France and the power of prospective Emperors.
3. Become a super power in France, Germany and Italy.
4. Keep the Byzantine Empire allive whilst fighting the infadel.
5. Change government type and become Holy Roman Emperor. Prevent the formation of the Empire, however become hereditary lord.
6. Once enough of the World has joined the HRE and is controlled by myself I shall form the HRE.
7. Failing control of one I shall become a different Nation Likely Germany as this is an option for Alsace.
House rules. I will restart on occasion from certain points because that is just what I do. I will however allow bad things to happen in the game for myself. No oposite faction editing at all. I will take advantage of ingame difficulties and openings. Screenshots will not be imediate as I have a monthly usage limit and am quite lazy. I do make a lot of saves though so I will edit and add them later.
At the time of this AAR opening I have played to the mid 1420's and I have not restarted at any point so this is good.
I am likely to be quite wordy and will switch from first person in game to gamer quite a lot, also I may write from other view points. I hope you enjoy this. The first post shall be in a few hours.