• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is GER still at war with Italy after your peace treaty? Has there been any effect at all since GER doesn´t have a common border with Italy at that time?

Yes Germany, Greece, and Turkey are still at war with Italy. Other than Germany not doing anything there has not been any effect.

Two things I noticed:
1. It seems the game now recognizes that Albania was totally under the Italian sphere and that Italy regarded it as a de facto protectorate, which is nice. (I never saw it declare war against those who invaded it in HOI2)
2. You just screwed up history forever because of Albania. :D

Two things I noticed:
1. It seems the game now recognizes that Albania was totally under the Italian sphere and that Italy regarded it as a de facto protectorate, which is nice. (I never saw it declare war against those who invaded it in HOI2)

I think they did. But the times one as human declares war on Albania one captures the country and annex before Italy has time to declare war.

I think they did. But the times one as human declares war on Albania one captures the country and annex before Italy has time to declare war.

Yes. In HOI2 the AI never declared war if the country they were guaranteeing the independence of was "out" of the game.
It would be claryfing to know if in this AAR, Albania was just occuppied and not annexed, in order to produce a delcaration of war from Italy.
If it's the case, then GOI work the same way as they did in HOI2.
If Albania was annexed by the time Italy dow'ed... now we are rocking!

I can't help but think it would be nice if AI alliance leaders would actually be able to make peace with non aligned nations. Understandably Axis/Allies/Comintern need to be handled with events and whatnot.

So if Germany never makes peace with Italy, will it still invade Poland?

Or have you made WW2 impossible the standard way? :D

Looks like the land docs go up til 47 or so while the game is til 64 well I hope they will make cold war mod work for AoD

Nothing against AoD that I think is a really great game but I think that this sort of war is a kind of weird for the following reasons:
1) GER doesn't do anything
2) that coalition against ITA is not plausible

I don't understand why germany should declare war on italy....:confused:

They're guaranteeing yugoslavia's independence.

Unfortunately this is a problem that's been around for a while.

Yugoslavia attacks Albania.
Italy acts on it's guarantee and declares war on Yugoslavia.
Germany goes "leave Yugoslavia alone!" and declares on Italy.

The usual story of me is usually me as Italy though is-
Declare war on Yugoslavia, Romania declares war on me, Germany (who is guaranteeing me) declares war on Romania.
...load last autosave.

It's damn annoying. Ideally wars that come as a response to the violation of a guarantee wouldn't themselves trigger responses to guarantees.

Nothing against AoD that I think is a really great game but I think that this sort of war is a kind of weird for the following reasons:
1) GER doesn't do anything
2) that coalition against ITA is not plausible

Yeah. Unfortunately this isn't even unique to AOD. Exactly the same thing can happen in Regular arma.

A nice solution to this problem is that guarantee wars are only triggered when any province of the guaranteed country is taken by a foreign power.

In this case, Yugoslavia takes provinces from Italy, but Italy does not (yet) take provinces from Yugoslavia, so as Yugoslavia is on the offensive no guarantor of Yugoslavia would jump in.

But if the tide turns and Italy would finally take some Yugoslavian land, then it would make sense that Germany and the other guarantors take part in the war.

A nice solution to this problem is that guarantee wars are only triggered when any province of the guaranteed country is taken by a foreign power.

In this case, Yugoslavia takes provinces from Italy, but Italy does not (yet) take provinces from Yugoslavia, so as Yugoslavia is on the offensive no guarantor of Yugoslavia would jump in.

But if the tide turns and Italy would finally take some Yugoslavian land, then it would make sense that Germany and the other guarantors take part in the war.

I'm wondering whether events are the right answer in handling these situations. I would rather think if a new design of the diplomacy system should be considered.

Before we get too far off topic, the entire point of this AAR is to show that AoD can be ahistorical and unpredictable if you want it to be. Some people like to play a sandbox style of game from time to time. This AAR is to show them that they can do that with AoD if they want to. For those of you that only want historical games there are plenty of ways to do that in AoD. Please do not turn this thread into another historical verses sandbox discussion.

Just enjoy the AAR for what it is.

I believe AoD should have "historical review" mode that only thing you can do is examine the map in nofog state and see how AI does everything exactly as it happened, sort of lame interactive way to see diffrent events etc. If you want your historical 'game', just put it on and enjoy :rofl:

But honestly, this is the sort of stuff the player does - not the AI. I once played '36 HoI2 game as CUBA and by 1946 I had whole South American and some surrounding islands under my control and I actually had sunk more US ships than they sunk mine (as eventually they did declare war to me). It's not like AI would do the same thing.

I believe AoD should have "historical review" mode that only thing you can do is examine the map in nofog state and see how AI does everything exactly as it happened, sort of lame interactive way to see diffrent events etc. If you want your historical 'game', just put it on and enjoy :rofl:

But honestly, this is the sort of stuff the player does - not the AI. I once played '36 HoI2 game as CUBA and by 1946 I had whole South American and some surrounding islands under my control and I actually had sunk more US ships than they sunk mine (as eventually they did declare war to me). It's not like AI would do the same thing.
"historical review" mode would be very good

"historical review" mode would be very good
AFAIK it already exists : you just pick a very minor, neutral Country ( e.g. Cuba),turn on all automatic controls for your sliders, disband all units so that you don't need to worry about supplying/upgrading them, turn off fog of war and you watch what happens. I call it "voyeur mode " but it can be usefull if you like - as I do - to write and test your own mini-mod. IF I find that my modifications do not cause any crash and/or unexpected outcome, I implement my modifications and start a new game as one of the major players ( usually my Country, i.e. Italy)