• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
June 17, 1728: Munster is force converted to Protestant, annuls some treaties, and pays 129 ducats. Force converting should drive them out of the HRE (if they aren't already), not that I looked.

June 21: Spain tries to push us out of Brabant, only to leave behind 24709 dead to 437 Prussians.
p08abofbrabant.png

July 12: Another horrible loss for Spain, this time in Vlaandern.
p08abofvlaandern.png

August 9: Another Spanish army loses a skirmish in Hainaut, but makes it out with less than 5000 casualties - a first so far. Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, they are wiped out in Vlaandern.

September 28: The newly built Prussian Navy wipes out a small Spanish flotilla. On the Army front, another 6/6/6/1 general is hired.
p08abofhelgolandbight.png

January 1, 1729: Land 36: Latin Dragoons and Hussars. We choose Hussars, since shock is all that matters, and Hussars have 4 offensive shock, whereas Dragons have 2. We also pass the Popery Act (+.40 missionaries, -3% tax, +2.5% missionary chance)

March 8: Austria's king Josef I dies, leaving us the throne.
p08apuaustria.png

May 29: We're almost done with 3 sieges. Spain has barely started two. Once our sieges are done, their armies die.
p08athefront.png

July 19: One Spanish army is wiped out in Limberg.

August 1: Nobles demand recompensation, forcing us to pay out 578 ducats.

August 5: The Papal States begin a siege...in Warmia. With not enough men.
p08apope.png

August 26: Due to a miscalculation, Albrecht's army is forced to retreat from one battle into a 2 regiment stack in Liege - and gets wiped out. D'oh.
p08abofliege.png

January 7, 1730: France declares war on Spain using the Imperialism CB. Not good.

January 11: Peace with Spain for their 4 Dutch provinces, leaving Hainaut (a French-cultured province). This leaves Spain at war with France, with a serious disadvantage (128000 troops to 207000).
p08aspainpeace.png

January 14: Morocco declares war on Spain with the Nationalism CB.

March 1: Army watch: We have 48000 (haven't yet rebuilt our dead doomstack), and Austria has 200000. To keep Austria busy, we DoW the Ottomans (who are now #1 in the world by army size). We go block the strait.
p08adowottomans.png

March 11: Holstein warns us.

December 1: England collapses again.

August 22, 1731: Spain accepts peace with France.
p08aspainpeacefra.png

The new map of France.
p08afrance.png

September 23: Slider move to Centralization. We lose 1 stability.

December 1: Denmark declares war on Austria, in an attempt to retake their earlier losses. That might work, if our army wasn't right there. However, without our navy, we can't stop them either.

June 15, 1732: Sweden declares war on suddenly vulnerable Denmark, via the Nationalism CB. Within 2 months, they are forced to cede Trondelag and Eidsiva.

August 6: Land 40: Level 5 fort.

August 21: Denmark pays us 1075 ducats for peace.

November 9: We try to cross the straits and take down the Ottoman army in Bithynia, but they get too many regiments in there to root out.
p08abofbithynia.png

December 1: Aragon declares independence from Spain in the Baleares.

January 5, 1733: Another attempt in Bithynia. This is with a -6 terrain/strait modifier.
p08abofbithynia2.png

January 15: Since we can't take any more territory, we decide to bleed the Ottomans dry, taking 2252 ducats and forcing them to give up claims on Cherson and Georgia.

January 27: Due to lack of planning, we realize our army is trapped in the Ottoman Empire. We could send a fleet to get out, but that's boring. Serbia and Bosnia are blocking us and refuses to give us military access. Thus, we declare war, bringing in Croatia.

April 10: Serbia pays 80 ducats.

April 23: We declare war on Bosnia, bringing in Russia, Ethiopia, and Denmark.
p08adowbosnia.png

June 1: Croatia pays 27 ducats.

July 17: Bosnia pays 18 ducats. Our armies are now in Austria, and can walk home in peace. This leaves us at war with Russia.

January 1, 1734: The Netherlands collapses.

The map in 1734:

Last edited:
Argh. My savegame from 1734 seems to have gone poof completely. The last savegame before that, from 1728, hangs the app when loaded. Sigh.

Well, at least one bit of good news: you don't have to face the Green Monster now. :)

Argh. My savegame from 1734 seems to have gone poof completely. The last savegame before that, from 1728, hangs the app when loaded. Sigh.

Damnation! Things seemed to be getting ready for some truly epic warfare.

You have a lot of issues with savegames. Could your rig be a problem? I never had any issues with saves (not even hangs, ctd or corruptions), except of course when I fiddle with them in a text editor.

You have a lot of issues with savegames. Could your rig be a problem? I never had any issues with saves (not even hangs, ctd or corruptions), except of course when I fiddle with them in a text editor.

It only happens to me with this late game start - my Bar game is in the mid 1600s with nary a problem.

Sucks - I wanted to form Germany then go for the revolution events and form a Revolutionary Republic.

So are you going to be able to continue?