• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington: Thank you! The game is a LOT different with all the Nationalism and Imperialism CBs.

Chapter 3: The Prussian Rebel Yell

A religious map of Prussia and her surroundings:

A list of the world's largest armies. Notice Prussia isn't on the list. Prussia is 16th in the world.

Since most of Bavaria is Catholic, we send a missionary. With .4 missionaries a year, conversion will not be fast.
p03missionary.png

January 1, 1492: A look at the next round of HRE voting shows that some of the electorate is unaware that Brandenburg has become the Kingdom of Prussia. I'm afraid to ask what happens if Brandenburg becomes HRE.
p03hre.png

Level 2 forts are ordered in Niederbayern, Schwaben, Franken, and Ostpreussen, and a Level 3 fort is ordered in Oberlausitz (the most likely Austrian path to Berlin).

January 8: With the Palatinate on the ropes, King Freidrich funds Bavarian patriots in Ansbach. 4000 rebels quickly overwhelm the 2 regiments of cavalry that the Elector has stationed in newly annexed Ansbach.
p03ansbachpatriots.png

February 1: With time to rest, Glorious Arms is swapped out for Smithian Economics, dropping stability to -3. Our budget sliders are moved to max stability to recuperate.
p03smithianeconomics.png

February 5: The Hansa starts an imperialistic war against Mecklenburg, which the King needs to form Germany.

May 30: 8 regiments of rebels join the 4 already besieging Ansbach.

June 1: Stability rises to -2.

September 10: Oberpfalz converts.

October 17: Venice annexes Siena. Another minor gone...

November 21: Ansbach falls to the Bavarian nationalists hired by the King. Wurttemburg comes under siege next.

January 1, 1493: A missionary is sent to Niederbayern. Stability rises to -1.

May 12: Austria embargos Prussia. This action worsens Austria's relations with the electors to the point that Tirol polls ahead of Austria in the next election.

June 1: Insult sent to Hesse to prepare for war.

July 1: Stability rises to 0.

August 1: The King declares war on Hesse, using Nationalistic fervor to unite the populace. Sweden bails, but Denmark joins the war.
p03dowhesse.png

September 4: Hesse's army is overrun in a quick strike, leaving her 4 provinces open to sieges. Brunswick's army moves to place Anhalt and Altmark under siege.
p03bofhessen.png

October 10: Bavarian nationalists capture Wurttemburg, and move north to besiege Bamburg.

December 1: Hessen falls.

January 1: Stability rises to 1. Wurttemburg somehow recaptures their capital without an army.

February 11: Louis XIV dies, leaving a regency in France for Gaston I.

March 1: Mecklemburg is vassalized by the Hansa.

April 4: Mainz falls, freeing enough units to take out Brunswick's besieging armies.

April 21: The Palatinate declares war on Baden, despite having half their provinces overrun by rebels, no army, and their capital under siege by revolutionaries.

April 26: A pretender rises in Brandenburg with 8 regiments, as Friedrich III dies, leaving a regency for his son, Karl, who is only 5
p03regency.png

May 17: Bamburg falls to Prussian-backed rebels, who move to Wurzburg.

July 16: Kassel falls.

September 1: Stability 2. Investment moves to Land for the Coehorn Mortar.

September 19: The Pretender's armies in Brandenburg are wiped out.
p03bofbrandenburg.png

October 1: Government 33 and a new idea. Cabinet is taken to reduce infamy.

November 1: Wurzburg falls to rebels, breaking the country. The rebels join Prussia, and move to relieve Ansbach from a siege by Badenese and Austrian armies (despite being outnumbered 3:1), where the rebels are crushed quickly. A missionary is sent to Catholic Bamburg.
p03wurzburgbreaks.png

December 20: The Palatinate cedes Ansbach to Baden, and Berg to Trier.

March 1, 1693: Brunswick annuls all treaties and gives up 71 ducats for peace, driven by Denmark's capture of Hannover.

March 15: Baden's army is wiped out in Baden.

March 18: Nassau falls. Hesse is completely overrun now, but we're beating down Baden.

May 7: Baden falls to an assault.

June 1: Land 33, and an improvement to Coehorn Mortar.

July 3: An assault in Ansbach runs out of steam with 1 defender.

July 23: Another infantry detachment arrives in Ansbach to drive out the lone defender, taking the province for Prussia. Baden is forced to release Ansbach, give up 272 ducats, and annul all treaties.

July 25: Hesse cedes Mainz, Nassau, and Kessel, annuls all treaties, and gives up 160 ducats, ending the Prussian-Hessian War.
p03hessianpeace.png

Nice update. A few quick wars, and Prussia begins to take center stage in Europe. :)
Also, apparently your own country doesn't realize they've become Prussia. :D

Nice update. A few quick wars, and Prussia begins to take center stage in Europe. :)
Also, apparently your own country doesn't realize they've become Prussia. :D

Yeah, just wait. I bet Emperor Karl from Brandenburg will kick the crap out of King Karl from Prussia.

Yeah, just wait. I bet Emperor Karl from Brandenburg will kick the crap out of King Karl from Prussia.

The fight of the century! :rofl:

I have 1 update worth of screenshots...

...and then a dead save game. I've posted to the bug report forum, so hopefully they'll tell me what's broke so I can continue. Otherwise, I have to start fresh (meh).

Damn - here's hoping a solution is found. I'll follow if that's the case.

One guy stopping the assault is definitely the stuff that legends are made of :D

Ah, the lovely and absolute destruction of armies... only available in EU! :p (That's the only problem I see with EU, the lack-luster battle results, some or just so unreal). Oh well, looks like the rise of Prussia has gone quite well so far, now all you need is a major European War (like the Spanish War of Succession in RL) to cement your power and become a major player in the eyes of the Brits, French, Austrians and Spanish.

The stumbling Austro-Prussian relations is something to keep an eye on though, a war between the Prussia and Austria so early would be an amazing sight to see, and I would have no doubts that you would come out as the winner.

Auray: A Hapsburg plot, of course! They have bribed the priests of Johan to excommunicate my saved game.

volksmarschall: I prefer to think of them as surrenders, in which case some of the manpower should return to the pool. On the subject of Austria, a war with them right now would be epic. Might be epic for them, though.

Chapter 4: The Regency of Karl

This update is rather boring...seeing as I had a regency the whole time...

July 27, 1695: A quick look at our relations with Austria show that friendship is out of the question. -37 relations, and -5.84/month due to infamy and religion.

With the war over, we can switch from Swivel Cannons to Coehorn Mortars, for 1 more pip in all stats.

Finally, 2 groups of Patriot rebels are raised in Westfalen (3 attempts, 2 successes, 1 discovery). Hopefully this group won't wander into an Austrian doomstack. 6000 Hessian rebels take on 4000 of Munster's finest.
p04westfalenrebels.png

August 11: A religious boundary dispute gives us a core on Polish Kurland.

August 18: The Duke of Bremen dies, leaving the throne to Karl.
p04bremenpu.png

October 18: Hinterpommern becomes Prussian.

December 1: Austria declares war on Wurrtemburg.

January 10, 1696: Wurrtemburg cedes Konstanz to Austria and becomes a vassal.

February 8: Poland guarantees us. In response, the Regents order an increase in the army.

May 10: Westfalen falls to Prussian-backed rebels. The rebels move to Hessen.

July 7: Portugal is forced to cede Alentejo and Algarve to France. I'm sure Spain is thrilled.

August 3: Since we can't declare war for almost a decade, a new general is hired. 2/4/2/2.

October 1: Hessen falls to rebels and breaks, joining Prussia.
p04hessen.png

December 5: Gift to the State (200 ducats).

February 3: The Hansa cedes Hamburg to Austria, and ends the vassalization of Mecklenburg. We are now ringed on all sides by Austrian territory.

March 1: The regents embarrass the court, causing a loss of stability. Aragon declares independence from Spain in the Baleares Islands.

April 1: Moldavia is annexed by Poland.

August 21: Somewhere back, France declared war on England. England is forced to cede 9 provinces in New England/Canada and release Cornwall.

Prussia begins mass praying for the King of Sweden, and sends a request for marriage.
p04sweden.png

Better.
p04sweden2.png

September 4: France briefly goes over the Infamy limit, but returns to normal the next month.

September 13: Poland embargos us.

October 24: National focus moved to Wurzburg, which borders 6 friendly provinces and Ansbach.

November 30: Brunswick declares war on Luneburg. Here we go again...

April 27, 1698: Pisa declares war on Parma.

May 8: Tuscany declares war on Pisa.

June 26: Pisa forces Tuscany to cede Firenze. Notice no Tuscany here...where did they go?
p04tuscany1.png

July 17: Brunswick annexes Luneburg.

September 21: Savoy annexes Tuscany...in Labrador.
p04tuscany2.png

January 15, 1699: Our Engineer Corps expands the fort in Hessen to Level 3.

May 1: Westfalen defects to us, and the 12 regiments of rebel infantry there defect as well. We also get 3 generals!
p04rebelgenerals.png

The current map (August 10, 1698):

Ah, regency council is not capable of doing any good. It's just full of arguing nobles always trying to profit themselves as much as possible.

Subscribed. First HTTT AAR I'm reading. It seems to add an interesting depth to the game and Brandenburg/Prussia/Germany is always fun!

The situation with Tuscany was very strange. :wacko:
Anyway, good luck with getting the savegames back! :)

Auray: But they can do it epically!

LewsTherin: It does. It removes some of the exploits from IN, and replaces them with new exploits!

JDMS: None yet, but I hold out hope.

Enewald: We shall see, won't we?

Duke of Wellington: This is how I understand HTTT inheritances:
Order of precedence:
1.) Legal heir
2.) If no heir and no RMs: Noble from country
3.) RM with country(s) of similar but less prestige: noble from highest prestige country's dynasty, possible PU
4.) RM with country(s) of greater prestige: PU, possible noble from highest prestige country's dynasty
5.) RM with country of greater prestige + Claim Throne: PU
6.) RM with 2 countries of greater prestige + Claim Throne: Succession war

Thus, the key is prestige. Relations probably play a part, but I am not yet sure how.

Note: Claim on throne lapses immediately if a heir is born, but CB lapses at beginning of next month. Thus, if a heir is born, you can immediately DoW to claim the throne and force the PU.