+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Late to the Dance - a Prussian HTTT AAR

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

It's true that you don't really need France - the game could actually be more interesting with a more normal balance of power.

The comet event sure is cool - I had played HTTT (which I got a couple of days ago) for just minutes when it fired for the first time. I laughed so hard

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    I can't remember what war Oldenburg jumped in on, but as you can see, Big Brother Blob took them out for me.
    No, I can't see.

(My silly way of saying that you have the wrong screenshot there )
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Jim View Post
    Sounds good. So does nationalism, I guess its pretty useful in Germany.
    You said you didnt have a good chance of inheriting France. Isnt inheriting a fixed 10% chance per monarch?
    As I understand it, if you are smaller, you are not going to inherit. Quite simply, it is not worth it to have to stay artificially at war until I outgain France + all her colonies.

Malurous: Fixed.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Down with Big Brother Blob!
    But seriously, is your next target Poland?
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

let the Poles first feel the mighty Prussian artillery.

As I understand it, if you are smaller, you are not going to inherit. Quite simply, it is not worth it to have to stay artificially at war until I outgain France + all her colonies.

Malurous: Fixed.
    Oh? So I guess this applies to Denmark and Sweden too. Does Denmark need to gain more provinces than them to inherit?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Oh? So I guess this applies to Denmark and Sweden too. Does Denmark need to gain more provinces than them to inherit?
    Yes to both, to some extent. Of course, it's much easier for Denmark to get a big enough army not to have a need for this strategy.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Quote Originally Posted by volksmarschall View Post
    Don't give him any ideas. I'm fine with the first, but not with the second! But, I don't see a problem because Austria never seems to win anything in Paradox, I guess they kept the Habsburg Empire as historically accurate as possible, they can only win if they fight the Turks!
    *cough* the Italian wars *cough* Francois I *cough*

Good AAR though, keep it up!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Yes to both, to some extent. Of course, it's much easier for Denmark to get a big enough army not to have a need for this strategy.
    Also, the disparity between Denmark and Sweden is smaller than me and 17th century France.

Also, the disparity between Denmark and Sweden is smaller than me and 17th century France.
    Indeed, both in army size and territory.

A larger army is required to prevent insult spamming, yes, but I didnt know it affected inheriting too. Just curious as in my Denmark game I have spent ages not inheriting anything. Anyway, enough about me. This is your AAR.

A larger army is required to prevent insult spamming, yes, but I didnt know it affected inheriting too. Just curious as in my Denmark game I have spent ages not inheriting anything. Anyway, enough about me. This is your AAR.
    Territory affects inheriting, army size not getting insulted. I just mentioned that it's another difference in the situation, even if it might have been obvious

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar7 View Post
    *cough* the Italian wars *cough* Francois I *cough*

Good AAR though, keep it up!
    Thank you! In my AAR with Bar, Austria and I have a border between Aleppo and Demascus, and they're my biggest rival.

Blog Entries

Chapter 5: The Prussian "liberation" of Bavaria

May 10, 1706: We pass the Importation Act (+6 TE, +6 National Trade Income, -4% compete chance abroad, -6% tech cost)

January 29, 1707: As our armies advance into the Netherlands, we wipe the floor with their armies in Holland.

April 7: Netherlands gives up some cores, releases Gelre, and gives up 424 ducats.

June 12: With 5 magistrates, we Formalize Scales, Weights, and Measures. -.5 RR, +10% TE, +10% PE, +5% National Tax Modifier. This is a really nifty capitol only province decision.

July 3: Spain lets us out of the war by conceding defeat. Finally...

July 17: Fortification Suffering event - lose a fort level or go defensive. We choose defensive since it staves off the constant invading armies.

August 1: Mecklenburg defects due to the fanatics we hired. Defections now trigger a CB for the original country, but Netherlands has a truce with me, so they're SOL.

August 18: Bavaria declares war, via Nationalism CB. It's so nice to have stupid neighbors while you're in Regency Council. Poland and Cologne jump in. Gee, another war with Poland. At this rate, I'll never get to use my Conquest CB to grab Danzig and Warmia.

April 27, 1708: As we go charging through Bavaria and assaulting everything before France can be a pain, Poland offers White Peace. They have 3 of my provinces (Hinterpommern, Memel, and Ostpreussen, the usual 3), so they must know I'll kick them to the curb when I'm done with Bavaria, and they see France's high War Capacity. This leaves Bavaria and Cologne in serious trouble.

September 6: Switzerland eats Tirol.

September 15: We take Koln from Cologne. We eat an extra infamy that we might other wise not pay if we were using the Nationalism CB, but it's worth it. Cologne is now a German-cultured English Minor.

September 17: Bavaria is split into 3 non-bordering provinces, and we take 6 provinces, including Franken, the second to last one we need to form Germany. Our infamy is now 29.33/33.00...with -.30/year burn since I can't get a Diplomat.

September 23: Bavaria converts to Protestantism.

November 1: Niederbayern converts after a month of missionary work.

December 20: Sweden offers white peace. We decline, for a reason I don't remember.

January 7, 1709: Fortifications are doing poorly event. Again - lose a fort level or go 1 point defensive. We go defensive.

October 17, 1710: Austria embargoes us. Whatever.

November 1, 1711: We pass the Mining Act (+6% PE, +3% Tax, -.04 merchants, -3% Merchant Chance, -3% Compete)

May 13, 1712: DoW Saxony to take Dresden (the last province required for Germany). Mainz and Bavaria join in.

November 27: Saxony is annexed for 4 infamy (half cost due to Nationalism CB).

December 13: Bavaria renounces claims, treaties, and their treasury for peace.

A shot of Central Europe.

May 11, 1713: Poland warns us again.

July 11: We move 1 point to Centralization (now at Decentralization 1), and a pretender rises. He dies in a hail of cannonfire.

December 20: Netherlands declares war on Gelre via Reconquest CB. Bet Gelre is feeling stupid for dishonoring our alliance now...

March 22: 1714: Petition for Redress: we accept the petition and move 1 point towards Free Subjects.

March 26: We DoW Poland to take back Danzig and Warmia. No one important jumps in.
    Last edited by naggy; 04-03-2010 at 04:53.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Europa Universalis IV

March 26: We DoW Poland to take back Danzig and Warmia. No one important jumps in.

Very nice AAR btw, a good mix of gameplay and humour.

SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Great update. How many more provinces do you need to form Germany?
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism

Wow, seems that an epic war is coming!

Great update!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMS View Post
    How many more provinces do you need to form Germany?
    May 13, 1712: DoW Saxony to take Dresden (the last province required for Germany). Mainz and Bavaria join in.

November 27: Saxony is annexed for 4 infamy (half cost due to Nationalism CB).

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Wow, seems that an epic war is coming!

Great update!

Oops! Must have missed that!

54 games registered

Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

When shall you get Schlesien?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That was quick! Germany is just around the corner
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Excellent AAR, very witty and oh so learned. Hooked as soon as I read the information regarding sliders on the third post. Very intersting to read an AAR set at a later time too.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast