• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(181153)

Captain
2 Badges
Nov 29, 2009
  • For The Glory
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I'm interested in playing some sort of multiplayer game with 1-3 other players at a time convenient to whomever might be interested. However, I'd like to play this game with all the players keeping an AAR going (possibly in the same thread as each other) so we can have a good Multiplayer AAR in the AAR section. I'm not sure I've seen any others doing this and think it might be a great idea.

Here are the settings which are open to changes:

Set:
Playing the Grand Campaign
ACGEEP mod
Game Speed - Normal excepting extraneous circumstances.

Contentious:
Difficulty - Normal
Aggressiveness - Normal
Time to play - Weekends

Open:
Nations?
AI Event Choices?

Goals?

It would be nice if people had Vent or Skype to better organise but obviously not required.

Everything about this is open to debate and discussion.

I'll start off!

I'd like to play either England or Aragon (Spain). Preferably the former. I'm open to playing a minor or non-Euro or anyone at all if there's enough people wanting to play smaller nations or some obscure game.

AI Event Choices? I have no particular bias. Historical would suit me fine but so would the other two.

Goals: Should we have any specific ones?

Start date likely to be the weekend of 19th/20th

Last edited:
AGCEEP is a bit too event heavy and deterministic for an EU2 MP game, so I recommend you use vanilla instead. Difficulty is usually Normal for MP games, primarily to make sure BB goes down reasonably quickly. Aggresiveness is normally normal I think. AI event choices should be normal as well.

As for number of players, for a standard Euro-centric game (which is the norm), you need 7 players minimum for a decent game (to play England, France, Austria, Sweden, Russia and the Ottomans). After that you can add Brandenburg, Venice, Portgual, Netherlands, Poland and Denmark in that order. Non Euro nations (with the possible exception of Persia) in Euro-centric MP games are not recommended IMO.

Time wise is about right for night time games in Europe, though they tend to have a set day per week to play the game. Game speed tends to be normal in MP games while there are no player wars and everything is running smoothly, though slowing down to below normal or slow during player wars and other busy periods.

As for AARs, that's a nice idea, but it helps if there is a ingame reward for doing so (defintely increases player participation in them) - something like 200d per player, increasing as the game progresses.

I was looking for input on the open points from anyone who fancied playing. AGCEEP is what I'd like to play, that's not open for discussion with the players. If people don't want to MP AGCEEP then they won't join this game! XD

Thanks for the pointers though. Anyone interested in this?

I think I'd be interested if you plan on carrying the game into Ricky

You'd have to explain that one to me. I haven't followed Ricky. I'll look it up!

Converting the game to Victoria: Revolutions, covering 1836->1936 and then into hoi, covering 1936->....

I don't know in particular for FTG to Vicky if one's been released yet, but you can basically take a save game from one and run it through a converter program you can get on the forums which will work for the next game in line. Various stats like tech, province buildings, and population are translated over into things like factories or POPs. Territory might be a little off due to the general differences between FTG and Vicky's maps.

This makes sense. I'd suggest a possible start date of the weekend 19th-20th, mostly as I'll be busy with Rugby and drinking this weekend. I think that should give us enough time to get either a few more players interested and enough time to iron out all the intricacies. Edited first post

So here's my thoughts for if it turns out to be a 3-player game for country selection:

Portugal, Venice, and Brandenburg.

All three are more than capable of carving out appreciable empires for themselves. Obviously this could be modified a little bit, particularly in the case of Brandenburg (maybe Burgundy or Sweden instead?) On the other hand, with only 3 players, it might be better to have us close to each other, in which case I would suggest England, France, and Spain

I want to play, please add me on skype (nenad1997) or msn (nenaddjordjevic7@hotmail.com) and tell me your time zone, mine is GMT+1 i think, so.... i am always free to play also on weekends =D add me and we will arrange a game, i dont care what country i am, i just wanna play with sum1.. :D