• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bavaria?

As we left off last time, god was feeling good about Bavaria. God had given Bavaria His blessings to attack. And that is just what Maximilian had planned.

warw.jpg

But wait what is that? Is that the flag of Hungary? No, no it is not because Max felt that he was not hungry, he was Dauphine. (not to be confused with doping, i'm looking at you bicycling community)

But that was no matter because God's favor smiled upon Bavaria.

core.gif

Max was happy with the decisions of his fore-bearers. They had wisely chosen to incorporate these provinces within their realm knowing full well that there would be revolts. That money would have to be spent to pacify the people of these regions, but in the end, this was the smart move.

And not even one year into the war the allies of Dauphine were starting to abandon her.

peacer.jpg

We don't need the money Max thought to himself, but if we have it, they don't have it! And then not even one year later.

peacedauphine.jpg

Peace for the empire at last. And only 4.4 infamy for two CoT's. What luck. Ohh what luck. God must be smiling upon Bavaria now.

conversion.jpg

The first of what would become many conversions Max thought. How fortunate how truly blessed by God! But Max's thoughts were on the future. The integration of all of the Holy Roman Empire under one flag would take cunning, skill, and luck. Max had the first two, would God grant him the third? Improve relations. One tried and true way to guarantee the success of his overall ambition.

giftsh.jpg

Oh what great success. But trading one imperial authority for +40 relations. This would set back Max's plans. Failure however was not an option.

Then wait, what's this? Has God lost his favor?

heir.jpg

Surely not, but it is in Max's best interest to have an heir. There, in the corner, serving the beer, and moping the floor, a young maid. Oh what a difficult decision. This was surely the downfall of my brother, whiskey and women. But my empire is at stake. Oh, Oh what the h*ll one time surely won't hurt, one time...

Everyone. I apologize, life has come up and I will not be able to update anything until Saturday. I know that everyone is waiting, and I didn't expect life to kick me in the a**. But come Saturday, I should be able to knock out the rest of my turn! I will PM everyone when I return. If that is not ok, I will upload the save game Saturday. (which will totally defeat the purpose) see you all later.

Everyone. I apologize, life has come up and I will not be able to update anything until Saturday. I know that everyone is waiting, and I didn't expect life to kick me in the a**. But come Saturday, I should be able to knock out the rest of my turn! I will PM everyone when I return. If that is not ok, I will upload the save game Saturday. (which will totally defeat the purpose) see you all later.

Real life is of course first priority. We will be waiting for your update.

Hey, no worries! :) Just take care of the real life stuff. If you look closer at the thread, there have been delays of literally months (unfortunate, yes), so it's not like a break of less than a week is a crime at this point. ;)

No need for PMs either, I'm sure the regulars have this thread subscribed anyway and will see when something's posted. :) See you later!

Not a problem, happy we are finally going to finish this thing! :)

Bavaria!

It's a wonderful day in the kingdom of Bavaria. I have forgotten to take pictures, but I do remember what happened. I never take pictures in my regular games, and I was half asleep when this happened.

First priority for Max, was to convert! Damn the heritics, God will surely have mercy on them becasue I will have none. All of our provinces have been converted back to the one true faith!

The next priority for Max was to form the Holy Roman Empire! This was not going to be easy however, not everyone was in love with him, the Emperor. Diplomats, I will dispatch diplomats to the four corners of the empire to bribe, er I mean improve the relations with everyone. This is slow going. I recover 12.75 diplomats per year, and I have 17 stars worth of diplomat improving advisors, so I am always getting 35 - 40 improvement per diplomat, but it's still slow.

Finally Max wanted to improve the useage of his ducats. We have over 75k. So there were a lot of imprivements built! Every province has a level 5 fort, and we are building every other improvement possible. But still there are ducats, So Max invested those ducats into technology improvements. I never do this in other games, but I wanted to be the leader in every tech category, so now we have 67 goverment investment, and 66 in everything else!

There were certain distractions in all of this. There was a defenseive war against Nevers that saw us vassalizing 3 HRE members. And there was another offensive war against Dauphine where we ended up collecting many more ducats. And finally there was another defensive war protecting the HRE where we collected 4 more vassals. Greatly improving relations with those countries, but really raising our infamy. We have 11 controlled cardinals, and lose .4 infamy per month but with all of the vassalizing, it is still going to take some time.

So that is where we are. Basically just passing time until our infamy goes down, and then we are going to try and form the HRE. It is taking longer than normal because my computer runs so slow this late in the game. Plus I droped my laptop which broke my battery and power cord, so I can only play a year before my computer shuts itself off. Such a pain in the a**.

It is however 1812, and I am going to play all night if I have to. I am going to either end this game, or kill my monarch! Wish me luck everyone!

End Game

I have realized my dream. Max has seen his dream fulfilled!

diet.jpg

The formation of the Holy Roman Empire. The pinnacle of success. The top of the world. And lo what sweet success it was. Creating something that his ancestors had been striving for for generations!

And then a mere 7 years later.

endtl.jpg

The end. Oh what changes.

eu3maphre1814743.png

The world in 1821.

eu3maphre1814742.png

And the mighty Holy Roman Empire!

What great success we have had!

I just want to thank everyone here for letting me have the opportunity to participate. I have had a lot of fun reading the AAR and even more fun playing. I spent the last 7 years taking Hungary, and taking Naples. I could have had more, almost anything I wanted, but there was no point in warring against countries that could not fight back. It was like taking candy from a baby, so I spent my remaining time fighting rebels, about 2 stacks per year, and also converting all of the provinces to Catholic. I will post a save game if anyone would like one. One from January 1821, so you can see all of the stats, and even one from 1814 when the HRE was formed. You can see what you would have done differently. I don't know a good hosting sight, and it's about 3 hours past my bed time. What a child, I know.

Well thank you all again. It was a pleasure.

Dornski

Nice updates and great job finishing the game dornski! :) Europe does look a bit prettier with the HRE formed. :D

As for the save(s), I think people have just used the forum attachment function. You need to create a .zip or .rar archive with the save file.

Oh and thanks everyone for the game! :)

An excellent end to a great game.

I'd like to give Divine Wind a shot now, and perhaps Vicky 2 in the near future. :)

If everyone was to start a DW game, I would love to participate! I just need to be at the bottom of the list so I can get a new computer first. Yay tax refund!

If everyone was to start a DW game, I would love to participate! I just need to be at the bottom of the list so I can get a new computer first. Yay tax refund!

Yeah, we planned a DW game some time back, just waited for this one to end, so there should definitely be one coming. You're certainly welcome to participate. :)