• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great job! GB should definitely pose a problem in the future. :)

Wow guys, this is great work! After I decided to quit my Portugal game last night, I just went for a quick look in the AAR forum, which I hadn't visited yet, being a EU III noob.
Now, 4,5 hours later, I read the whole thread. Glad I haven't any plans today, so I can can go to sleep now.
This is an excellent read and I'm really excited to read more about Bavaria in the future. This definately intrigued me to play a HRE nation for my second game, when my Portugal campaign is finished.

Keep up the good work! :)

Kingslaying? I haven't seen that coming. I enjoyed Ludwig's story. Even more than gameplay. Good job.

:eek:o

Much appreciated! :)

So, is enkhuush playing again? Or are we moving on to another player?

I personally like how our vassal Zapotec is the Curia Controller :p

They threatened to cut my heart out on the steps of the Temple of the Sun if I didn't let them. ;)

The Zapotec are also culturally Bavarian for the most part too!

They threatened to cut my heart out on the steps of the Temple of the Sun if I didn't let them. ;)

The Zapotec are also culturally Bavarian for the most part too!

Yeah, that was my brilliant idea, convert them to Catholicism and Bavarian culture then release them as a vassal :p

Perhaps our next ruler may want to claim that Central American land as their own?

Someone needs to continue the game. :(

Cool, I'll get the file and play it. I should be able to update today or tomorrow.

Huzzah!

Long live Bavaria!

And death to all the heathens in the east and such! ;)

What have you done? Rebellions all over the place, war with TO and Provence, WE of 16... I finished the war and a new one started, but next I'll consolidate Bavaria.

Hmm, I notice it is possible for us to Revoke the Privilegia. Is there some reason Gunman didn't do this? Should Bavaria become the HRE?

What have you done? Rebellions all over the place, war with TO and Provence, WE of 16... I finished the war and a new one started, but next I'll consolidate Bavaria.

I see you noticed our domestic problems. ;)

Hmm, I notice it is possible for us to Revoke the Privilegia. Is there some reason Gunman didn't do this? Should Bavaria become the HRE?

I didn't do it for the simple fact that I didn't realize I had the Imperial Authority required until after the King died.

I'm also personally against forming the HRE (I'd much rather us remain as Bavaria) but hey, you're in charge now and I'm just a lowly peasant once more. :D

Tuore's Turn II: The short reign of Albrecht IV

The regency council decided to take a step towards narrowmindedness.
Bavaria's war with the Teutonic Order continued even after the death of the old king. The Teutons were quickly outnumbered and crushed. The regency council decided to punish the Order:

grab.jpg

However, the world's only other superpower, Great Britain, was unhappy with the expansionist policy. They declared war, saying that they are going to "liberate" nations.

anothere.jpg

Due to Great Britain's high war exhaustion, the war ended quickly with the capturing of Finistére.
The gods have given the sign to integrate Aquileia into our country. With their diplomatically incapable ruler, it didn't cause too much trouble.

integreate.jpg

Then, all of a sudden, Karl Theodor dies. Our nation is now under the control of a regency, with no heir to take the throne.

tragedy.jpg

Fortunately, or unfortunately, usurpation was met after 8 months, when Albrecht IV von Oldenburg captured the throne in 1696:

usurp.jpg

Due to the traces of the war still being seen as war exhaustion and riots, Albrecht decided not to start any wars. However, Switzerland, in their ambition, declared war on Bavaria. They were accompanied by Prussia and Savoy. The war ended with annexed Switzerland, vassalized Savoy and reduced Prussia.
Albrecht IV built new buildings, built up relations and overall improved the country significantly.

jobsjobsjobs.jpg

However, the stress of constant riots and high but quickly lowering infamy seemed to have collapsed the health of Albrecht. And on the 16th of January in the Year of our Lord 1700, he passed away. His death did not, fortunately, throw the realm into chaos. Instead, the throne of Polotsk was inherited, and a new, Habsburg, king rose to the Throne.

friedi.jpg

-----------------------------

Wow, that was a short turn. 8 years. I think it's actually pretty good, because I couldn't have updated in a few days anyway (tomorrow's my birthday + three tests during the next week). Anyway, here's the save.

http://www.filefront.com/16523893/Bavaria%20-%20Tuore%27s%20Save.eu3

Nice update, and now that we have a Habsburg perhaps I wouldn't mind forming the HRE so much. :p

Well done, both the update and the turn. Solid additions there.

As for the HRE, I'd like to see us stay Bavaria, but it's a pretty unstable game type for that - it's enough that one player wants HRE and we're stuck as it. :D Then again, with Bavaria an unstoppable force anyway, the name is more just flavor at this point, so I can live with uniting it. Hmm, and it certainly would give borders that aren't as ugly as the current ones...

Wow, that was a short turn. 8 years.

Hey, that's almost double what mine was :p