• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry, was busier than I thought I'd be today. I'll have the MAIN update up tomorrow. For now, a little something to tide you over:

King Luitpold von Holstein

IN
THE TIME MACHINE!1!

bavariAARLuitpold.jpg

King Luitpold was enjoying another, rather uneventful day. He had recently declared war upon the Triple Alliance (More like Triple FAILURE! Ho HO ho, the king amused himself, so!) and he was preparing for an all out assault on the Aragonese Kingdom. However, his thought process rudely interrupted by a knock at his door. The king grumbled, stood up, and pulled the bar off of his door. Ludwig came rushing into the room, a look of urgency on his face.

"King Luitpold, the forces of Aragon have crushed our jumbled, drunken, mob of an army!" He yelled in fright.

"What is this I don't even..." The king muttered, coarsing his hand through his now, long and tangled beard.

Luidwig knew this as a sign of danger, the king always had a new scheme up his hand when it came to these things.

"By jove, I have an idea!" The king exclaimed, "Do you remember that "machine", whatever the hell that is, that our scientists recently discovered out on my front lawn?"

Ludwig put his palm unto his face.

"But sir, there was found a dead man in the thing!" He complained, "The clergy say it is the work of Satan himself!"

Luitpold pondered.

"Leave my presence!" Luitpold huffed, waving his hand in the direction of the door.

Ludwig left the room.

The very next day, King Luitpold left, with his famed African Swallow, to the strange "machine". The word didn't exactly roll off the tongue, Luitpold thoguht to himself.

The door swung open upon him nearing the entrance, and he stepped inside. Strange noises blared all around him as he examined the thing.

What many people did not know, was the Luitpold was, in fact, a genius, though unknown even to himself. If he had lived during modern history, he would have been comparable to such scientists as Albert Einstein, and the other famous squabblers.

He tinkered with the machine, until he found the date. November, 1650. He quickly changed the month to January by using the knob. He pressed a very large red button.

The machine began to shake and screech into his ear, as many of the useless pulley levers inside the room began to spin uncontrollably. He became afraid and sat quivering in the corner. This really was the work of the devil, he cried inside of his head, too afraid to utter a word. He began silently praying and rocking back and forth.

The machine came to a stop and the door flung open. He was in the exact same spot. He looked around outside carefully. It was even still night-time. Surely nothing had happened, it must have all been a sham, he thought.

He walked to the door of his throne room and began pounding until someone came to answer the door. He heard a strangely familiar voice call a strangely familiar name. The door opened to revel a very wide-eyed Ludwig.

"Sir!" Ludwig exclaimed. He then looked back to see the exact same man sitting on the throne. He then fell unconscious at the sight of his worst nightmare.

The king stood up and gasped, walking forward onto the steps. It was in that very moment when one of the pillars in his throne room came loose and plummeted onto the unsuspecting king. Luckily, the pillar had not been a supporting one. Outside of the castle, the machine had been set on fire from an unknown source, destroying any possible loophole in the plot.

King Luitpold watched all of this, no awe in his eyes. He simply walked up to the dead man, took his crown, walked around the shattered pillar and carcass of a dead man, and assumed his throne.

Ludwig slowly sat up from his shock. "Sir?" he asked, his vision still a little dazed.

"Dispose of the garbage!" He exclaimed to the, now even more shocked, Ludwig.

Without heaving a sigh, he left the room to go and call the building instructors of the castle.

Excuse for the being horrifically done:

The part about the battle wasn't true. I accidentally forgot to save the game right after declaring war on Aragon, so I'll be starting from the beginning of the year. Hopefully, it won't have too much of an affect, because nothing significant besides the war happened.

And yes, this was shoddily thrown together in 20 minutes. :rofl:

Last edited:
I don't know, this was an interesting update. :D

Hehe, not exactly taking the easy way out of having to go back to autosave :D

Great work!

Oh wow. The situation is far worse than it could've been. Seems I'm locked into the First World War.

So far, Portugal, Poland, some of my unfaithful vassals, and several Muslim states (such as Dulkadir) have declared war on me. About 1-2 years into it, so far not having too much trouble holding them back.

However, England is getting dangerously close to attacking me. They've already sent a warning... Hopefully an all-out war can be avoided, or it really will be WWI.

I'll have an update tomorrow, not enough time to finish up today due to homework.

Since I don't have any time this weekend and I'll just be slowing down the game, I've decided to pass the rest of my reign on.

Sorry for the delays and such, just don't have the time right now. I finished the war. Great Britain didn't end up attacking me. Took a lot of land from Aragon, which, in turn, made me take less from Portugal, Poland, etc. Mainly:

Forced Poland to release Crimea.
Took Andalucia from Portugal.
Stole everyone's gold.
Incited revolts and funded pretenders in Great Britain's colonies.

Save:
Bavaria.eu3

Since I don't have any time this weekend and I'll just be slowing down the game, I've decided to pass the rest of my reign on.

Sorry for the delays and such, just don't have the time right now. I finished the war. Great Britain didn't end up attacking me. Took a lot of land from Aragon, which, in turn, made me take less from Portugal, Poland, etc. Mainly:

Forced Poland to release Crimea.
Took Andalucia from Portugal.
Stole everyone's gold.
Incited revolts and funded pretenders in Great Britain's colonies.

Save:
Bavaria.eu3

That's a shame, I was really enjoying your style of writing. :(

For some reason the save provided doesn't seem to be loading correctly for me.

I get a messed up map and no leaders for any nations.

Can someone please confirm that it's just me, or is the save borked?

What patch version are you running?

I could have sworn I was running the same setup as when I started.

My old save loads up fine. :wacko:

I'll reinstall and try again if anything.

Did it load fine for you OY?

I could have sworn I was running the same setup as when I started.

My old save loads up fine. :wacko:

I'll reinstall and try again if anything.

Did it load fine for you OY?
I don't have EISH installed anymore. :eek:o

I'll load it on IHKS and see if it works, because EISH saves are compatible to IHKS. I just hope he listened to me and didn't play it in IHKS....

The save is screwy in IHKS, too. Everything east of the Caspian is dead, no one has a ruler or government, and there are no diplomatic relations.

It's safe to say that the save is messed up.

The save is screwy in IHKS, too. Everything east of the Caspian is dead, no one has a ruler or government, and there are no diplomatic relations.

It's safe to say that the save is messed up.

Ok, now I feel like less of an idiot, appreciated. :)

So what happens now?

So what happens now?
I ask what beta patch HotSax used, yell at him when he says he didn't use EISH, then we might go back a bit in time.

Or...

I ask what beta patch HotSax used, breath a sigh of relief when he says he used EISH, and tell him to reupload it or give it to me to reupload so we can try to not get it corrupted again.

I ask what beta patch HotSax used, yell at him when he says he didn't use EISH, then we might go back a bit in time.

Or...

I ask what beta patch HotSax used, breath a sigh of relief when he says he used EISH, and tell him to reupload it or give it to me to reupload so we can try to not get it corrupted again.

I'm hoping for "or"!

I hope that you're able to get things fixed up. I've found this AAR very entertaining with the diversity of strategies and writing styles.