+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: HT Succession Game - AAR Thread

And that's assuming he even lives to get to 16.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

What if he goes out hunting?
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    What if he goes out hunting?
    You choose the other option.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Come to think of it...heirs dying before assuming the crown don't count as a succession here, right?

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by klorius View Post
    Come to think of it...heirs dying before assuming the crown don't count as a succession here, right?
    I would say it doesn't count, since you haven't actually started "ruling" yet.

Although to be stuck in an eternal regency council isn't a good idea either.
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    No, it doesn't count as one succession. That just wouldn't be as fair.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great AAR - I always like reading about these succession games!

One question: is there any point in hiring an advisor that gives you a national tax modifier? His salary is 0.2 per month, and he gives 2% bonus, which is only bigger than his salary if your tax income at 100% efficiency is at least 20 gold per month. Does Bavaria have that? If so, I am quite surprised...

51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Great AAR - I always like reading about these succession games!

One question: is there any point in hiring an advisor that gives you a national tax modifier? His salary is 0.2 per month, and he gives 2% bonus, which is only bigger than his salary if your tax income at 100% efficiency is at least 20 gold per month. Does Bavaria have that? If so, I am quite surprised...
    I don't think that Bavaria had tax income at 100% efficiency, but I really didn't have a wide selection of advisors to start with.
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

look interesting. Sucession game alway remind me of Boatmurdered

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoneGunman View Post
    I don't think that Bavaria had tax income at 100% efficiency, but I really didn't have a wide selection of advisors to start with.
    Why keep an advisor when he is clearly damaging your economy? You are paying him 0.2 per month and gaining something like 0.01 or so in return. If there is nothing else that the advisor does (barring a chance of an event related to him, I don't think there are any other hidden modifiers), he is, literally, a waste of your money.

Just a thought

P.S. I messed up the maths in my previous post - you need to have a tax income of 10 or more @ 100% efficiency for any tax improver to be useful. Still this is larger than what Bavaria has right now...

51 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Why keep an advisor when he is clearly damaging your economy? You are paying him 0.2 per month and gaining something like 0.01 or so in return. If there is nothing else that the advisor does (barring a chance of an event related to him, I don't think there are any other hidden modifiers), he is, literally, a waste of your money.

Just a thought

P.S. I messed up the maths in my previous post - you need to have a tax income of 10 or more @ 100% efficiency for any tax improver to be useful. Still this is larger than what Bavaria has right now...
    Well the Duke liked the guy! What more do you want?

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade500k club

Brief update: Currently we're against Ottomans and losing badly.

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

51 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by enkhuush View Post
    Stop spoiling the surprises and lets have an update when you can post one!

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by enkhuush View Post
    Make an proper update.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

How can it take this long? When my turn comes, it's over in 2 days. So try to be fast, Enk!
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    How can it take this long? When my turn comes, it's over in 2 days. So try to be fast, Enk!
    True.

If he doesn't get his update up sometime in the next 30 hours, we may just have to skip him.

51 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    True.

If he doesn't get his update up sometime in the next 30 hours, we may just have to skip him.
    Which would be horrible, because the thought of losing two war is actually kind of exciting to me.

Regency of Karl I of Bavaria. (1422-1427)

Regency began in 27 April, 1422, just a day after the old king passed away. For Karl I, he inherited 5 provinces, several vassals and his father's war against heathen Golden Horde.

It was not him who ruled Bavaria in those five years. Real rulers were his father's advisors. They want to continue his father's legacy and go to war against Ottomans for defending Achaea from them.

With two wars are running simultaneous and losing badly against Golden Horde, Bavaria began retreating their troops via Poland territory. While exhausted Bavarian troops passing by Sieradz, they heard Pommerania declared war against Poland. Without order of the king his troops began attacking nearby Pommeranian towns.

As Poland was attacked from two side they decided to cede Bessarabia to Golden Horde, thus Christians lost to Mongols!

Then voting began for Reichsreform.

Reichsreform passed... The sad day for Bavaria.

And then Karl I reached 16 and his reign began.

He took swift decisions to end pointless wars for Bavaria. First Bavaria gave up Corfu to Ottomans.

Next vassalized Pommerania.

Finally Bavaria is at peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    True.

What! I have updated.

My AARs at ink well.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

But what's that little hint about another war with your good friend and faithful ally Ragusa! That was sneaky of you to put that just down there in the corner!
    Marco Oliverio

I've got a new Crusader Kings AAR - This is cancelled due to update incompatibility... The Inheritance of Canossa

My Aydin AAR is on hold One Hundred Years and a Year: Tales of Aydin
    My Granada AAR is Complete Histories of the Islamic Countries: Granada from 1400 to the Early Industrial Period

I received the following from King Richard XI: "the 4th ever Irish Shamrock Cookie! {}"
    I was Fan of the Week 09 Mar 2010 & WritAAR of the Week 12 Jul 2010
    I received the following from Lord Strange: the Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast