200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

HT Succession Game - AAR Thread

EUIII: HT 4.1B Succession Game AAR Thread

Link to Organization Thread

This is like a massive multi-ruler single player game. Each player gets to play until the current ruler dies or is voted out of office. When that happens, they save the game and post it in the organization thread, and the next player will continue on. Each player will preferably write an AAR update in this thread, and it shouldn't be too hard as you won't be playing for much more that 10-15 years at a time.

Below is the order in which we will play, and earlier votes have shown that we will play as Bavaria. When you are done with your turn, post your save and AAR in this thread.

Player List

TheLoneGunman - First Round AAR Part 1 - 2
    enkhuush - First Round AAR - 2
    tuore - First Round AAR
    Whitefang - First Round AAR Part 1 - 2
    klorius - First Round AAR Part 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12
    OrangeYoshi - First Round AAR Part 1
    Pellucid - First Round AAR Part 1
    Orago - First Round AAR Part 1
    memnos - First Round AAR Part 1 - 2 - 3
    Malurous - First Round AAR Part 1
    HotSax -
    Last edited by OrangeYoshi; 11-04-2010 at 20:27.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Byzantophile 1st Class Pellucid's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Dang, I'm pretty far down! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to ruin our country at it's height instead of at the onset!

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellucid View Post
    Dang, I'm pretty far down! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to ruin our country at it's height instead of at the onset!
    If the last game is a guide at all, you'll get a turn somewhere in the early 1500's. Not too awful bad.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

And I hoped I won't have to manage vast empire. Now I only hope it will still be Bavaria, not HRE .

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Do we have any rules? It could turn nasty if one of us turns Bavaria into HRE.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Do we have any rules? It could turn nasty if one of us turns Bavaria into HRE.
    No house rules unless they are voted upon first.

Byzantophile 1st Class Pellucid's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to have to micromanage the entire HRE either.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

We would have needed a good name... HT Succession game just sounds dull.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

So all normal/random nations off, for settings?
    Winner of Werewolf CIII: Kleptocratic Overlords and the Worldwide Revolution
    Come play Werewolf with us here

"Malus" you keep using that word I don't think it means what you think it means.

I would like no breaking the BB limit because depending on the skill (or lack thereof in my case) of the player, it may screw them over.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Resum View Post
    I would like no breaking the BB limit because depending on the skill (or lack thereof in my case) of the player, it may screw them over.
    This is good idea.

PS i never break the BB limit(i get scared if i see yellow BB)
    Winner of Werewolf CIII: Kleptocratic Overlords and the Worldwide Revolution
    Come play Werewolf with us here

"Malus" you keep using that word I don't think it means what you think it means.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k-59 View Post
    So all normal/random nations off, for settings?
    All default settings.

The BB limit rule is certainly intersting.

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade500k club

I wanna support BB limit, but wait what will TheLoneGunman do? Will he conquer recklessly? Then I shall vote.

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

Quote Originally Posted by enkhuush View Post
    I wanna support BB limit, but wait what will TheLoneGunman do? Will he conquer recklessly? Then I shall vote.
    Says the man with a WC AAR...

200k clubEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLegio
    The Kings Crusade500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Says the man with a WC AAR...
    Reckless /= Planned.

Werewolf Amateur and Diplomacy Beginner .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My AARs at ink well.

DONT TREAD ON ME Moderator TheLoneGunman's Avatar
    51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Extinctus Amabitur Idem
    The Reign of Ernst I Von Wittelsbach, Duke of Bavaria

Introduction

14th Century Europe is a harsh and unforgiving land. The dream of unifying the continent has been persistent, but has inevitably failed. Each attempt, only serving to further fracture and divide Europe into various petty kingdoms and duchies. Amidst this chaos, in the year 1397, Ernst I Von Wittelsbach inherited the realm of Bavaria after his father's death.

The House Von Wittelsbach was a powerful and prominent family, having ruled Bavaria since 1180, and even producing an Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire as well as a King of Hungary. Beyond Bavaria, there were currently two other kingdoms with a Von Wittelsbach on the throne, the Elector Palatine Rupert III and the Count of Holland & Hainaut Albert I. Having distant family in other positions of power could prove helpful to the young Duke, due to Bavaria's precarious position in the world near some of the largest and most powerful kingdoms in all of Europe.

Coat of Arms of the House Von Wittelsbach

With the passing of his father John II, it was of the utmost importance for Ernst to establish himself as an effective ruler. For two years, he has solidified his rule and protected his birthright. Now, at the dawn of a new century, the time had finally arrived for the Duke of Bavaria to lay down a solid foundation for his lineage and his kingdom. He will be hard, he will be cruel, and there may be many who will not agree with his choices or his methods, but when he is no more, they will love him.

Ernst I Von Wittelsbach, Duke of Bavaria
    "also most of paradox rise as a successful company can be attributed to the motivating powers of "Mr Nibbles", a vicious old platypus specimen Johan keep locked in a drawer. Whenever a programmer isn't working fast enough, or introduces a bug Mr Nibbles is let out of the box to give the perpetrator a nasty bite." - podcat

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

And here I thought I couldn't be any more bitter for not having the expansion Would have loved to take part in something like this...

But I don't want to spoil the atmosphere, so instead of whining more I'll just follow what you guys come up with here.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

go get it quick and join us?

And so it starts!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Valvinar View Post
    go get it quick and join us?
    I appreciate the offer But it will have to wait.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast