• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.32f
Again, crash error when launching the mod for the 1st time.
Sometimes crashes on resign.

Lysimarchid Kingdom is displayed as interesting choice for the 469 and 472 bookmarks but it doesnt exist (at least it says so when I hoover over the Play button which is greyed).

One suggestion ... the Boii of Quadi+Eravisci and the Boii of Bononia shouldn't form one country. They were months of travel apart and their connection was kinda uncertain. They were of one celtic tribal groub but probably separate "subtribes" anyway. Also the central European Boii had little reason to pay tribute to Rome, as they do in your mod.

1.32f
Some of the ambitions to get minor tribal title persist even after you change goverment to mon/rep, so the character are stuck with them as you cannot grant the titles any longer.

A few things I noticed after finally having gotten around to download and play your great mod.

Gatae have the wrong Ids in their history file, it is:
Code:
474.1.1 = { ruler = 667001 } # Dromichaites 
476.1.1 = { ruler = 667002 } # Zalmodegikos
526.1.1 = { ruler = 667003 } # Moskonos
550.1.1 = { ruler = 667004 } # Rhemaxos 
590.1.1 = { ruler = 667005 } # Phradmon, son of Rhemaxos
But should in order to get the desired monarchs be:
Code:
474.1.1 = { ruler = 667701 } # Dromichaites 
476.1.1 = { ruler = 667702 } # Zalmodegikos
526.1.1 = { ruler = 667703 } # Moskonos
550.1.1 = { ruler = 667704 } # Rhemaxos 
590.1.1 = { ruler = 667705 } # Phradmon, son of Rhemaxos

Then the localization for military_republic seem to be missing.

The connections from Euboa to the mainland goes across Mare Myrtoum rather then the added sea-zone between Euboa and the mainland which seems to more appropriate.

And Kush have Egyptian culture but their province happen to have Nubian culture. Maybe not a bug but a bit perplexing.

Well I appear to have some brand of bug that has made the mod unplayable, at least as Sparta:

I start January 1st, 474 or whatever the earliest possible timeline is as Sparta, begin building a single unit of Heavy Infantry with the intention of invading Argos as nearly half my retinue desires it. I sort my minor annoyance: government, military spending, etc. and then sit idle for the month of January. Guaranteed by February 15th the game will crash; not CTD, but...freeze. The music will play and change accordingly, the mouse can be moved; but the game is frozen and it's fixed only by closing the process in the Task Manager.

I have noticed it's definitely more prominent if Rome annexed the Etruscans; almost guaranteed a day later the game will freeze. I really have no concept of the inner workings behind a Paradox title, so I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to look.

I have an AMD Quad-Core processor, Radeon HD 5700 Series video card, 8 Gigs of RAM running on Windows 7 64-bit edition.

-----------------

Another bug: if I hit Single-Player and then click back to return to the main menu, the game CTD...interesting...

it happened three times to me when i tried it (game just froze, not CTD). its a fairly new computer but i may need to reinstall vanilla.

Sounds like we may have the same issue, and a 'reinstall' didn't do diddly-squat for me; I tried the mod a few times since my previous post and yes...it seems to happen IMMEDIATELY if Rome annexes them; but even if they don't it'll happen within the month...*sigh*...such a waste of an awesome mod.

1.32f
Again, crash error when launching the mod for the 1st time.
Sometimes crashes on resign.

Lysimarchid Kingdom is displayed as interesting choice for the 469 and 472 bookmarks but it doesnt exist (at least it says so when I hoover over the Play button which is greyed).

One suggestion ... the Boii of Quadi+Eravisci and the Boii of Bononia shouldn't form one country. They were months of travel apart and their connection was kinda uncertain. They were of one celtic tribal groub but probably separate "subtribes" anyway. Also the central European Boii had little reason to pay tribute to Rome, as they do in your mod.

Lysimachid Kingdom and a few more years of game play should be available in the next release. You will be able to play Lysimachus and Seleucus. I forgot to remove the bookmarks.

The Boii issue has been mentioned before. I will revist and perhaps split them but make the allies.

1.32f
Some of the ambitions to get minor tribal title persist even after you change goverment to mon/rep, so the character are stuck with them as you cannot grant the titles any longer.

This may be a vanilla issue but could be fixed. Is it Epigoni titles specifically?

A few things I noticed after finally having gotten around to download and play your great mod.

Gatae have the wrong Ids in their history file, it is:
Code:
474.1.1 = { ruler = 667001 } # Dromichaites 
476.1.1 = { ruler = 667002 } # Zalmodegikos
526.1.1 = { ruler = 667003 } # Moskonos
550.1.1 = { ruler = 667004 } # Rhemaxos 
590.1.1 = { ruler = 667005 } # Phradmon, son of Rhemaxos
But should in order to get the desired monarchs be:
Code:
474.1.1 = { ruler = 667701 } # Dromichaites 
476.1.1 = { ruler = 667702 } # Zalmodegikos
526.1.1 = { ruler = 667703 } # Moskonos
550.1.1 = { ruler = 667704 } # Rhemaxos 
590.1.1 = { ruler = 667705 } # Phradmon, son of Rhemaxos

Then the localization for military_republic seem to be missing.

The connections from Euboa to the mainland goes across Mare Myrtoum rather then the added sea-zone between Euboa and the mainland which seems to more appropriate.

And Kush have Egyptian culture but their provinces happen to have Nubian culture. Maybe not a bug but a bit perplexing.

Thanks for the reports Lofman. :)

Well I appear to have some brand of bug that has made the mod unplayable, at least as Sparta:

I start January 1st, 474 or whatever the earliest possible timeline is as Sparta, begin building a single unit of Heavy Infantry with the intention of invading Argos as nearly half my retinue desires it. I sort my minor annoyance: government, military spending, etc. and then sit idle for the month of January. Guaranteed by February 15th the game will crash; not CTD, but...freeze. The music will play and change accordingly, the mouse can be moved; but the game is frozen and it's fixed only by closing the process in the Task Manager.

I have noticed it's definitely more prominent if Rome annexed the Etruscans; almost guaranteed a day later the game will freeze. I really have no concept of the inner workings behind a Paradox title, so I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to look.

I have an AMD Quad-Core processor, Radeon HD 5700 Series video card, 8 Gigs of RAM running on Windows 7 64-bit edition.

-----------------

Another bug: if I hit Single-Player and then click back to return to the main menu, the game CTD...interesting...

it happened three times to me when i tried it (game just froze, not CTD). its a fairly new computer but i may need to reinstall vanilla.

Sounds like we may have the same issue, and a 'reinstall' didn't do diddly-squat for me; I tried the mod a few times since my previous post and yes...it seems to happen IMMEDIATELY if Rome annexes them; but even if they don't it'll happen within the month...*sigh*...such a waste of an awesome mod.

This sounds like the old non-culture bug. Can one of you upload a save game file that I can look at?

On a positive note, I found two more character double-ups, which may be causing this issue.

I have a recurrent freeze on 1 july 494 AUC.

Most annoying.
By the way, I still have the graphic glitch despite having the 1.32 province textures installed. But I perhaps did something wrong.

Originally Posted by Achab View Post
1.32f

This may be a vanilla issue but could be fixed. Is it Epigoni titles specifically?

Yup, in vanilla its fixed in the objectives.txt, so they lose the ambition when establishment changes.

This sounds like the old non-culture bug. Can one of you upload a save game file that I can look at?

On a positive note, I found two more character double-ups, which may be causing this issue.

I'll try and get one ASAP...

UPDATE: I seem to have fixed it! Seems the game didn't like my playing on max-resolution. Once I brought it down to 1680 and the refresh rate went from 50 to 60...the mod is now working...I...really have no idea. Guess Rome doesn't care for anything over that res.

Last edited:
I have a recurrent freeze on 1 july 494 AUC.

Most annoying.
By the way, I still have the graphic glitch despite having the 1.32 province textures installed. But I perhaps did something wrong.

Coincidently the hands off game I ran last night crashed out in 495. I then loaded from the last autosave and it got to 531 before crashing out again. Do you have a save that crashes consistently?

Also on the second crash I see my PC RAM useage is 79% of 6Gig. :eek: Perhaps some form of extra memory leak because of all the mod additions.

Yup, in vanilla its fixed in the objectives.txt, so they lose the ambition when establishment changes.

Ok, will have a look at this. There are now only seven new objectives that I have added, so it shouldnt be to hard.

I'll try and get one ASAP...

UPDATE: I seem to have fixed it! Seems the game didn't like my playing on max-resolution. Once I brought it down to 1680 and the refresh rate went from 50 to 60...the mod is now working...I...really have no idea. Guess Rome doesn't care for anything over that res.

Thats great, I am very glad to hear that. I didnt know the game could go to those levels. Time to get a new monitor. Can you confirm that it is working consistently,ie getting at least 20 to 25 years before a crash?

Last night I played Rome and annexed the entire Italian penninsula. Went through to 483 without any problems. No crashes on annexing nations like what has been reported. I have noticed the occasional crash on exit, particularly after a long session.

1.32f with the most recent version of 2.32 (whatever is patched by the game loader) is crashing to the desktop when I start the game. I've never played it before. My tinkering with the game took place in the following order:

Install Rome Gold.
Update using game loader.
Apply beta patch 2.32b.
Update to 2.32c (I presume) by using game loader.

Copy my EU: Rome folder.
Install contents of 1.32f .rar.
Try to load game; this fails with a CTD around the point where it's loading provinces.
Try to load game again. Fails in same spot.

Install new textures. This fails.

I'm going to erase the folder and start with a fresh install and then see if this works, but so far I can't even see the Epigoni mod, much less play it. (And it never appears in the mod drop-down in the loader. It's not supposed to, right?)

Edit--I didn't know how to install the mod. Used the textures after it froze on "Creating the World." Now at single player country selection screen. YAY!

Last edited:
Oooh, I had the game-freezing bug too, but I had been experimenting with my game save, jumping to Macedonia, Egypt & SE to release all the possible Greek minors, before playing one of them, so I thought that my changing realm about five times might have caused it.

Thats great, I am very glad to hear that. I didnt know the game could go to those levels. Time to get a new monitor. Can you confirm that it is working consistently,ie getting at least 20 to 25 years before a crash?

I am now at 485 and the game's still going strong, I cranked up the video options to test and sure enough - after about 10 minutes the game locked up. I think there's definitely a serious memory leak that's only being further upset by the higher video resolution. It's not a big deal, don't mind playing at this res; but it doesn't happen in Vanilla so I don't think Paradox is to blame.

By the way, amazing...AMAZING mod. It's given new life to a game I had pretty much all-but given up on. The sheer number of new factions and provinces make conquest outside of Rome seem worthwhile. It's taken me all this time just to reunite Southern Greece without Macedonia kicking my ass all over the map.

Oh! Bug report! Got a guy who wanted to be a minister...and...already is a minister. So I remove him from office and wait...now he has NO desires...so I wait awile...and he just stays like that. Finally put him back into office and sure enough, about 2 months later, BAM. "Wants to be Minister"

Not terrible, I gave him Rhodes and a small army and he's been more than happy to sit his chubby little ass there for the time being.

UPDATE: AUUUGH! Constant crash in 493, I can't get the game to go past this point. Come up with a boxed error even, says:

Runtime Error!

Program C: (rome directory)

R6025
-pure virtual function call

Last edited:
Coincidently the hands off game I ran last night crashed out in 495. I then loaded from the last autosave and it got to 531 before crashing out again. Do you have a save that crashes consistently?

Also on the second crash I see my PC RAM useage is 79% of 6Gig. :eek: Perhaps some form of extra memory leak because of all the mod additions.
Indeed I have such a save.
I'll see if my crash is still recurring. If it is, do you want me to upload the save?

Btw, what about the province texture issue? I'm still having the blue thingie glitch. Where the heck am I supposed to install those textures?

1.32f with the most recent version of 2.32 (whatever is patched by the game loader) is crashing to the desktop when I start the game. I've never played it before. My tinkering with the game took place in the following order:

Install Rome Gold.
Update using game loader.
Apply beta patch 2.32b.
Update to 2.32c (I presume) by using game loader.

Copy my EU: Rome folder.
Install contents of 1.32f .rar.
Try to load game; this fails with a CTD around the point where it's loading provinces.
Try to load game again. Fails in same spot.

Install new textures. This fails.

I'm going to erase the folder and start with a fresh install and then see if this works, but so far I can't even see the Epigoni mod, much less play it. (And it never appears in the mod drop-down in the loader. It's not supposed to, right?)

Edit--I didn't know how to install the mod. Used the textures after it froze on "Creating the World." Now at single player country selection screen. YAY!

Where did you put the textures?

Oooh, I had the game-freezing bug too, but I had been experimenting with my game save, jumping to Macedonia, Egypt & SE to release all the possible Greek minors, before playing one of them, so I thought that my changing realm about five times might have caused it.

That's not vanilla Epigoni. I cant support that. ;)

Look below, for me its at least stable as vanilla EUR:VV.

I am now at 485 and the game's still going strong, I cranked up the video options to test and sure enough - after about 10 minutes the game locked up. I think there's definitely a serious memory leak that's only being further upset by the higher video resolution. It's not a big deal, don't mind playing at this res; but it doesn't happen in Vanilla so I don't think Paradox is to blame.

By the way, amazing...AMAZING mod. It's given new life to a game I had pretty much all-but given up on. The sheer number of new factions and provinces make conquest outside of Rome seem worthwhile. It's taken me all this time just to reunite Southern Greece without Macedonia kicking my ass all over the map.

Oh! Bug report! Got a guy who wanted to be a minister...and...already is a minister. So I remove him from office and wait...now he has NO desires...so I wait awile...and he just stays like that. Finally put him back into office and sure enough, about 2 months later, BAM. "Wants to be Minister"

Not terrible, I gave him Rhodes and a small army and he's been more than happy to sit his chubby little ass there for the time being.

UPDATE: AUUUGH! Constant crash in 493, I can't get the game to go past this point. Come up with a boxed error even, says:

Runtime Error!

Program C: (rome directory)

R6025
-pure virtual function call

Glad you are enjoying the mod. :)

Epigoni Mod does not touch the minister objective. This must be a vanilla bug issue.

I tested vanilla EUR:VV 2.32 today, "hands off" and it got to 494 before it crashed. So at my end Epigoni Mod is at least as stable as vanilla EUR:VV. I also feel that the occasional crash on exit would also apply in vanilla but I havent tested this. I run the game windowed 1360x768.

Are you saving your game, so you can restore after a crash? I get crashes with EUR:VV, HOI3 and VICII after a certain amount of time. All autsaves before these crashes are restoreable and playable.

Indeed I have such a save.
I'll see if my crash is still recurring. If it is, do you want me to upload the save?

Btw, what about the province texture issue? I'm still having the blue thingie glitch. Where the heck am I supposed to install those textures?

Yes, please upload the save and I will see if I can find whats going on.

The province textures overwrite the vanilla game texture files. The installation is the same for all map mods (as long as you are not trying to use the Rivers of Babylon Mini Mod terrain map). These instructions are borrowed from RIMP:

Using the game launcher
1. Preferably use a clean install of EU: Rome Vae Victis
2. Extract the files and place them inside the mod folder (Paradox
Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome\mod) of your install of Europa
Universalis: Rome Vae 3. Delete or at least remove all the texture files from the “Europa
Universalis: Rome\Map\cache\province_textures” folder, however keep
the now empty texture folder inside the cache folder after deleting or
removing the texture files inside this folder. This can all be done
automatically by running the batch.exe file by placing it in the “Paradox
Interactive\Europa Universalis – Rome” and activate it by double click.
4. Rename the provinces folder(Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis -
Rome\history\provinces) to something else (for example
“vanilla_provinces”) to ensure that the provinces provided by the RIMP
mod will be used by EU: Rome Vae Victis.
5. Use your game launcher to start up.
6. After the game has made the new paths and textures (could take 5 or
more minutes) you are ready to play.Victis.

Yes, please upload the save and I will see if I can find whats going on.

That freeze is still recurring.
Here's my save, dear sir.

Attachments

• Nervien.rar
    1,2 MB · Views: 19
Hi Emp,

I have had a good look at the save game file. It crashes every time at the 30th June for me.

First - I removed all wars to make sure it wasnt this annex problem that has been reported - no effect
Second - removed mod events, decisions, missions - no effect
Third - removed vanilla events, decisions, missions - no effect
Fourth - moved date forward to to July - no effect

It is royally screwed. I dont have any other ideas at this stage.

Latest version now available in the Download thread. Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and issues. I hope I got them all. :)

CHANGES in VERSION 1.32g
------------------------

Other Mods included
- Cheexsta's Total Conquest Lite Mod to version 2.2

Bug Fixes
- fixed culture of Kush, now Nubian (thanks to Lofman for finding this)
- fixed leader tag of the Gatae (thanks to Lofman for finding these)
- fixed sea crossing from Euboea to Greek Mainland - now crosses new sea zone, Eubocius Sinus (thanks to Lofman for finding this)
- fixed three more character double ups
- fixed incorrect character references in other character files
- fixed double up of provinces in Panhellenic Games trigger
- fixed double up of revolt risk effect in Frontiers... Strategic Modifiers
- fixed military_republic localisation file (thanks to Lofman and Surgünoglu for finding this)
- cleaned up new tribal objectives to account for change of governments (thanks to Achab for pointing this out)

Countries
- added Bononian Boii - splitting the Boii tribe (as suggested by Achab and somone else a while back)

Additional Game Time 472 to 474 (lots of work)

Characters
- added Heracleides of Cyme

Events
- adjusted event 545 so it wont fire for Atropatene (thanks to Surgünoglu for reminding me of this)