• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't wait to get sunk into this mod, the vanilla version of the game got tedious rather quick. I've run into a major problem however: the game crashes every time I select 'single player' from the main menu. I'm using the most recent version of the mod installed over a newly installed Rome: Gold with the 2.32 patch. Pointers on how to get this thing running would be great, especially if they're basic enough for a technophobe such as myself to figure out :)

Can't wait to get sunk into this mod, the vanilla version of the game got tedious rather quick. I've run into a major problem however: the game crashes every time I select 'single player' from the main menu. I'm using the most recent version of the mod installed over a newly installed Rome: Gold with the 2.32 patch. Pointers on how to get this thing running would be great, especially if they're basic enough for a technophobe such as myself to figure out :)

I have the very same problem :(

What version of Epigoni Mod are you using?

Only version 2.01c of Epigoni Mod works with patch 2.32. If you are using Epigoni Mod 2.01d (the latest) then you need the 2.36b patch.

I downloaded the latest version of the vanilla game a few days ago and the last version of the mod as well, and everything seems fine except one issue -- I can not click on the dynasty screen. No matter which faction I choose, if I click on the dynasty screen the game crashes.

Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so is there a fix?

I downloaded the latest version of the vanilla game a few days ago and the last version of the mod as well, and everything seems fine except one issue -- I can not click on the dynasty screen. No matter which faction I choose, if I click on the dynasty screen the game crashes.

Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so is there a fix?

Yes, I have the same problem with the dynasty screen. Whenever I click on it, crash to the desktop. Going back to the last version.

I cant replicate this at my end. Is it a certian nation and time you are looking at?

CTD on coup or reform to Spartan Monarchy.

Yes this is a problem Mike. The specific law file has been untouched for over two years and this problem must have arisen in either v 2.35 or 2.36b. It is still working under version 2.32 of the game. Very annoying. :(

I cant replicate this at my end. Is it a certian nation and time you are looking at?

(

Thanks for the reply -- but no, it is not one particular time or nation, it has occurred on all the one's I've tried -- which include Syracuse, Ptolemey and Taras -- all of these at the earliest start date (which I believe is Basilius).

I've been playing the mod anyway, but I just can't access the dynasty screen at all.

The mod always crashes when trying to go to the character screens, sometimes it crashes when trying to view the governments screen for Monarchy (i.e. the screen that shows the faces of the King, consort and ministers). The crashes happen so often that the game is unplayable, eventually it will just happen everytime you go to the government screen.

I am playing the latest version with the latest patch (2.36b).

Is the version of the game for the 2.32 patch more stable? If so I would re-install the game without the 2.36b patch and try out that mod.

I have been trying to clean up a few bugs to release a new version. I am not having much luck.

With Epigoni 2.01d running on EUR VV 2.36b I keep getting a consistent crash when I try to load up the year 548 and 588. It appear to be a history file related crash but I cant pin it down to anything in particular. Sometimes files work sometimes they dont.

I am beginning to suspect it may be a memory issue on my PC. Can anyone else confirm if they can load the game on these dates?

Confirmation would be much appreciated.

Hey Im really enjoying the mod but I keep on crashing, seemingly at random, when I click on a characters picture, sometimes it works, but most often it doesnt. I loaded up vanilla to see if it was vanillas issue but it wasnt. I love the mod but this is game breaking for me. I love to read the info and look through genealogies but now I cant.

For some reason I'm getting icon notifying me about possibility to enact "annex vassal diplomatically" decision, but when I go to decision tab, it's not there. Why?

I have been trying to clean up a few bugs to release a new version. I am not having much luck.

With Epigoni 2.01d running on EUR VV 2.36b I keep getting a consistent crash when I try to load up the year 548 and 588. It appear to be a history file related crash but I cant pin it down to anything in particular. Sometimes files work sometimes they dont.

I am beginning to suspect it may be a memory issue on my PC. Can anyone else confirm if they can load the game on these dates?

Confirmation would be much appreciated.

Any progress? :)

Sadly no Darky.

I have had no confirmations in relation to the question above. I am not willing to spend anymore time on this until I rule out hardware issues at my end. Can you confirm?