• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cash? Woudln´t that be the
treasury = x
trigger?

And "addcore" is the command to add a core since EU2 and not trigger. The trigger was core = X and has now been split into 3 triggers when I read that list right.
Sorry, I meant commands :eek:o

Those ones I listed appear in the vanilla files, so I wasn't sure if they actually belonged or not.

Could you clarify a few points, which seem to be in the game files?

Can the command "gainmanufactory" have a value of "-1"?
Yes. The type chosen is whichever gets the income bonus in the province it is being placed in (default is weapons, and capitals are not considered so FAAs are never chosen).

Do the following commands not exist? cash, addcore, removecore, infantry, artillery, cavalry, monarch
All of those are synonyms.
cash = treasury
addcore = addcore_national (deprecated)
removecore = removecore_national (deprecated)
infantry = inf
artillery = art
cavalry = cav
monarch = wakemonarch
secedeprovince = cedeprovince (deprecated and has been removed from the game files due to bad grammar)

What values can tags take, besides XXX. Like, could they be -1, -2, etc?
You mean as in command = { type = <something> which = <tag> }?

-1 = random
-2 = not implemented
-3 = last randomly picked country
-4 = a country that has not been randomly picked in this action
-5 = not implemented
-6 = emperor
-7 = random elector

Reactions:
Is breaking an alliance still done by

one event which makes you are vassal of your proposed new alliance ( this breaks the existing alliance) followed by another event triggered by the first, to first break vassal and then form alliance

Yes. The type chosen is whichever gets the income bonus in the province it is being placed in (default is weapons, and capitals are not considered so FAAs are never chosen).

All of those are synonyms.
cash = treasury
addcore = addcore_national (deprecated)
removecore = removecore_national (deprecated)
infantry = inf
artillery = art
cavalry = cav
monarch = wakemonarch
secedeprovince = cedeprovince (deprecated and has been removed from the game files due to bad grammar)

You mean as in command = { type = <something> which = <tag> }?

-1 = random
-2 = not implemented
-3 = last randomly picked country
-4 = a country that has not been randomly picked in this action
-5 = not implemented
-6 = emperor
-7 = random elector
Thank you; this will prove to be useful.

I'm glad to help you any way I can. If you need anything else, just holler.

• 1Like
Reactions:
random events reduction?

random = x
The event will only have x% chance to fire every time the event is checked.

Trying to create random events for country more efficacious, I have triggered all standard random events using
Code:
trigger = {random  = 1}

I saw that in 7 years,i had only 2 random events.(with kongo 1419-1425 included).
I ri-tried ,I I thought,it s only a randomness or now the game will crash,this time in 7 years ,i had 1 random event ,and i had the second random event in march 1426 (with kongo 1419-1426).
The third time in 7 years i had 2 random events (the second in 28-dec-1425).

Some questions:
a) is it only a stupid observation?
b) if i use this code
Code:
trigger = {random  = 1}
for the random events and this code for the specific country (for example)
Code:
trigger = {random  = 99}
random = yes
contry = ENG
are the random events for country more "efficacious"??
thankls a lot.

If FTG random events still work in the same way they did in EU2, then random triggers don't have an effect since the triggering chance for random events is calulated differently than for "normal" events.
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I assume that on any day there is a certain (very low, like 0.05%) possibility that some random event fires, and once this occurs, the game then randomly decides which of the possible events it fires.
So it might be possible to lower the chance that a specific random event triggers (by adding trigger = { random = 1 } to only that event), but certainly not to lower the chance for random events in general to occur.

If you want to increase the chance for a specific random event to trigger in relation to other random events, then just copy that event a few times, or delete other events.

Thank you. Quick question: can triggers like "atwar", "isvassal", "isoverlord" and similar definitely not take country tags as arguments?

They cannot but in FTG you can check anything about any country, not just the one receiving the event.

All you have to write is:

aaa = { atwar = yes }

This will tell you if country aaa is currently at war with anyone.

This is mentioned in the General conditions at the end of the triggers list:

aaa = { conditions }
Is true if the conditions are true for country aaa.

Trying to create random events for country more efficacious, I have triggered all standard random events using
Code:
trigger = {random  = 1}

I saw that in 7 years,i had only 2 random events.(with kongo 1419-1425 included).
I ri-tried ,I I thought,it s only a randomness or now the game will crash,this time in 7 years ,i had 1 random event ,and i had the second random event in march 1426 (with kongo 1419-1426).
The third time in 7 years i had 2 random events (the second in 28-dec-1425).

Some questions:
a) is it only a stupid observation?
b) if i use this code
Code:
trigger = {random  = 1}
for the random events and this code for the specific country (for example)
Code:
trigger = {random  = 99}
random = yes
contry = ENG
are the random events for country more "efficacious"??
thankls a lot.

EU2 and FTG random events fire like this,
once every 2 years , 4 times, then once the following year, then it repeats
once every 2 years , 4 times, then once the following year.
example - years 1419, 1423, 1425, 1427, 1428, (cycle repeats) 1430, 1432, 1434 etc etc

your example of twice in seven years would refer to your random event creation. If so, then your event only met conditions twice in four random triggers, 50% ...looks good to me

Posts #3 and #5 updated for 1.2. New stuff is in dark orange for now, I'll set it to green when it's not so new anymore.

You should maybe add the meaning of the use of orange in the first post together with the other ones. Since I haven't been reading this thread for a long time I have taken some time to get the whole thing.

However that

aaa = { conditions }

is also useful to check if, for example, Milan is vassal to any country or overlord to France. In case it isn't, France can vassalize it without those terrible vassal/breakvassal chain of events I did in the past. And that trigger can also be included in a event choice. Have I correctly understood?

You should maybe add the meaning of the use of orange in the first post together with the other ones. Since I haven't been reading this thread for a long time I have taken some time to get the whole thing.

However that

aaa = { conditions }

is also useful to check if, for example, Milan is vassal to any country or overlord to France. In case it isn't, France can vassalize it without those terrible vassal/breakvassal chain of events I did in the past. And that trigger can also be included in a event choice. Have I correctly understood?

Yeah, you can essentially check anything about the target country that you could check for the country receiving the event.

Which is the use of these commands?

ownerchange = { province = x years = y months = m days = d }
Is true if province x has been owned by the current owner for at least y years, m months and d days (not all time fields have to be filled, one is enough).

controlchange = { province = x years = y months = m days = d }
Is true if province x has been controlled by the current controller for at least y years, m months and d days (not all time fields have to be filled, one is enough).

In case a country is owning a province, she can change her cores from CB to claims to national?

In case a country is controlling a province? Which kind of command could be consequently addressed? Also in this case changing the core or event more revolts in the owned province? In this case, for the country receiving the event, could this event or a specific event action modify the stats of a not owned province?

Since this can be done, but I don't know how much stability you lose,

command = { type = breakvassal which = -1 }

and it is very useful in case of Burgundy vassalised by Austria in 1477 or England and Scotland unite their crowns in 1603,

Is this command also possible?

command = { type = breakoverlord which = -1 }

any vassal becomes independent... useful also when Burgundy is vassalised by Austria.

Here's a take-home pdf for event scripting in FTG.

ftg_event_help.pdf

Reactions:
Bordic said:
I have removed orange and turned it into green as 1.2 is now getting old.

However that

aaa = { conditions }

Yes, that's the idea. Many chains of events could likewise be simplified and improved, so far we just lack the manpower to do it.

Which is the use of these commands?

ownerchange = { province = x years = y months = m days = d }
Is true if province x has been owned by the current owner for at least y years, m months and d days (not all time fields have to be filled, one is enough).

controlchange = { province = x years = y months = m days = d }
Is true if province x has been controlled by the current controller for at least y years, m months and d days (not all time fields have to be filled, one is enough).
I have never used them myself, but they were a frequent request in the early months after game release.

In case a country is owning a province, she can change her cores from CB to claims to national?
Please note that since 1.2 claimed cores will automatically become national cores if held for thirty years.

In case a country is controlling a province? Which kind of command could be consequently addressed? Also in this case changing the core or event more revolts in the owned province? In this case, for the country receiving the event, could this event or a specific event action modify the stats of a not owned province?
Anything is possible, a country could be forced to cede a province to another country if it has lost control for a certain amount of time. It could also be forced to grant independence to a revolter if the province has been held by rebels for some time. But no you cannot modify the stats of a non-owned province.

Since this can be done, but I don't know how much stability you lose,

command = { type = breakvassal which = -1 }
Not sure, I guess it did not change from EU2.

Is this command also possible?

command = { type = breakoverlord which = -1 }

any vassal becomes independent... useful also when Burgundy is vassalised by Austria.
Not sure either, I have searched in the beta forum and did not find anything about it, maybe you could try it or, wait for MichaelM who would certainly know.

Here's a take-home pdf for event scripting in FTG.
Nice work, Garbon.

Reactions:
I have removed orange and turned it into green as 1.2 is now getting old.
Ah, now I see, orange was for the transition between 1.1 and 1.2. Ok!
Yes, that's the idea. Many chains of events could likewise be simplified and improved, so far we just lack the manpower to do it.
We... well, the community still active on ftg, could share the events to be recoded, or any sequence to follow, and post the WIP periodically.

Is there a possibility to DL a zip with all the pages regarding the event chains in agceep as it is currently in the agceep site? With connected events it is easier to follow the sequences to simplify.

However I would prefer to port the ftg agceep to a new map available in the net.

Please note that since 1.2 claimed cores will automatically become national cores if held for thirty years.
Yes, I wouldn't agree with this decision, but I need to test more before final comment.

Not sure either, I have searched in the beta forum and did not find anything about it, maybe you could try it or, wait for MichaelM who would certainly know.

Nothing found!

The same as fo breakoverlord command:

command = { type = independence which = aaa }
Creates country aaa as a vassal. This will release a country and give them all the provinces specified in revolt.txt as "minimum" that the country receiving the event owns.

Could a -1 targeting country be used? For example event BUR_3597 the independence commands could be changed with a first command targeting -1 tag, and some other commands (according to possibly from 5 to 10 annexed countries) targeting further -4 tags.