• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would give the game a good healthy dose of realism. To be able to convert (at a fair price) IC from one type-say, CG, into another such as naval IC would be a nice little touch.

Different types of IC would be cool. For example, you'd need naval IC to build ships, and aeroplane IC to build planes. Not sure how deep you'd go into it (Just IC for land, air and sea?), but I think two for each branch (Land, air and sea) would be good. For example, infantry/artillery and armoured IC for the army, small/medium and large plane IC for air, screen and capital IC for naval. Then maybe a general IC for consumer goods and supplies.

I suppose that would make it easier to have things go a bit more historically too (Countries with large naval IC will be building more ships, for example).

I would like to be able to "transfer crews" from one ship to another. Sure, my (1918) DD (I) is a nice ship and has a veteran crew with a 35% experience. But it can't go along on a mission with my 1940 (VI), CTF. So, if I build a new DD (VI) I'd like to take the experienced sailors from my old rust bucket to my new ship and not loose their fighting skills.

I would also like to have a CV gain exp. I mean my CVs have sunk most of the RN and the USN and the CV crews still have my starting 25% exp. That's just riduculous.

I would also like to have a CV gain exp. I mean my CVs have sunk most of the RN and the USN and the CV crews still have my starting 25% exp. That's just riduculous.

But don't the CAGs get the XP? They should be killers by now.

But don't the CAGs get the XP? They should be killers by now.
Sorry, but CAG crews don't exactly get that much exp.

But let's get back to my original suggestions. Having to loose a 35% or 45% exp crew, since my super well trained crew with a long tradition of killing enemy vessels is getting the boot because my (I) BB will no longer be sent out into the Ocean to face (VII) carrier fleets. I'd like to put the crew on my (VII) BB but that's not possible, can that be altered?

Or if we can just put an 'Upgrade' button on each ship, so that it can be upgraded for 100% of the cost to the newest ship of its kind for full cost. After all, not like anyone sent the best SS crew in a 1918 sub. Your ace crews would always get the best subs and old ones would just get sent to the scrap yard.

3 modifiers in the define.lua for upgrades. one for land upgrade cost and time as a percent of the full cost of the new unit, another separate for air and another for sea

Three ideas with the goal of improving immersion:

(1) Division leader (or perhaps corps leader) skill level should provide a bonus to morale regain. This would improve immersion a bit where high skilled leaders would make obvious and useful differences for particular units. The player would notice and be able to use these units more frequently as a result.

(2) A random "lucky" flag for each division built, with a ~1% chance of any unit built getting it. This flag would give a permanent ORG and MOR bonus (perhaps 5%) to the unit. This would simulate some historical units (e.g. the 101st, etc) and create the effect that players could have favorite units due to superior performance.

(3) Allow a player to flag a unit (e.g. turn a counter to a particular color) as a way of improved tracking of a unit or a group of units. This would allow a player to easily keep track of units with perhaps high experience, better commanders, or that receive upgrades early. What is interesting about this is that it could be used in different ways by different players. Some may flag their spearhead/elite units. Others may prefer to only flag reservist units, etc.

(2) A random "lucky" flag for each division built, with a ~1% chance of any unit built getting it. This flag would give a permanent ORG and MOR bonus (perhaps 5%) to the unit. This would simulate some historical units (e.g. the 101st, etc) and create the effect that players could have favorite units due to superior performance.
Will be fun when the random roll decides that in this game the "luftwaffe field reserve-panzer" and Militia divisions should become lucky :p

(btw 101:st already have 10% more org and morale then normal infantry units due to being special forces ;) )

(1) Division leader (or perhaps corps leader) skill level should provide a bonus to morale regain. This would improve immersion a bit where high skilled leaders would make obvious and useful differences for particular units. The player would notice and be able to use these units more frequently as a result.

Perhaps, instead... a new Leader Trait, "Charismatic Leader", which improves either MAX-ORG or ORG regain.

A faster game pace so I don't fall asleep mid-game?

Jeeze... I can't even keep track of the game if it's running at full speed during war-time. I need to crank it down one or two notches.

Are you playing an older version of the game? Now that they've enabled multi-threading, FtM runs twice as fast as earlier versions.

Last edited:
I hope there will be an HOI 4 as the game has really improved and is my favorite game. A few things I would like to see not in any particular order
1. Battle events that give leaders permanent traits
2. More traits to individualize leaders
3. Supply depots the ability to create supply chains would be great. Capital to supply depot to units each leg would take X days and cost Y in supply tax, Infrastructure and partisan activity would obviously be considered.
4. Improved tech tree (no teach teams) the tech tree in HOI 3 is a vast improvement over HOI 2. I would like to see even more specialization which requres a more detailed tech tree. For example with engines allowing players to add or subtract horsepower with increased or decreased time and IC for development. Another thing I would liek to see is Amphibous and airborne trees be developed. Furthermore, Radio tree would be nice that increase radio length. Decription and encription should have more of a factor on spy missions and the ability to disrupt enemy actions.
5. More decisions, I would like to have the option of what to do with Czech as Germany of course repercussions as a result of my decision. I hate having Slovakia in the game. I like painting the map Grey.
6. Speaking of decisions have the SCW decison mean something.
7. Make Garrison and Militia part of the same tech tree as Infantry (Infantry current level, Garrison -1 level, Militia -2 level)

(3) Allow a player to flag a unit (e.g. turn a counter to a particular color) as a way of improved tracking of a unit or a group of units. This would allow a player to easily keep track of units with perhaps high experience, better commanders, or that receive upgrades early. What is interesting about this is that it could be used in different ways by different players. Some may flag their spearhead/elite units. Others may prefer to only flag reservist units, etc.

i like this one, would be bloody handy to remember which corps goes after which in what order during an invasion. maybe 10 colours or 10 roman numerals I->X

also a GUI overlay like CIV4 where you can draw on the map, like lines of advance, where the front should end up etc

Different types of IC would be cool. For example, you'd need naval IC to build ships, and aeroplane IC to build planes. Not sure how deep you'd go into it (Just IC for land, air and sea?), but I think two for each branch (Land, air and sea) would be good. For example, infantry/artillery and armoured IC for the army, small/medium and large plane IC for air, screen and capital IC for naval. Then maybe a general IC for consumer goods and supplies.

I suppose that would make it easier to have things go a bit more historically too (Countries with large naval IC will be building more ships, for example).

This, this, and some more of this.

There are some great ideas being posted in this thread, however many of them are only very minor additions/variations and essentially just a HoI3 + patch. I've already had a go at writing in-length ideas/possibilities as shown in my signature, but if they're to make this game any different to HoI2 & HoI3 then I feel unit factory production and getting rid of IC (except for Naval units) would be by far the biggest and best way to do it.

The redesign of research and upgrading units, along with a naval movement/combat idea I posted earlier in this thread would also provide for greater playability, realism and more importantly - something different. As great as HoI2 & HoI3 were, they were far too alike and to make HoI4 only marginally different/varied and leave HoI the same for over a decade could be the deathknell of the series. Hence think they need to do a major overhaul and not just a re-jigging of some options, AI, scripts etc (even as welcomed as they might be).

Last edited:
Show total dead of each country and also the entire war!

If I see how many soviets of Japanese have died at my hands or even my troops total it would be a really cooll stat on the battle map

Also if possible implement a civilian toll as well and highly unlikely but I would LOVE to see pow camps (not death camps aka holocaust)

Its ubsurd considering Germany had like 8 millions prisoners workng during the war and pow should count as ic

What are the chances that PI makes another HoI, though? It's like a 12-14 month development process and I don't know if they think the amount of time they put into it will be worth it.

As a fan, I'd say it would be of course. But I wonder how they look at it.

I'd like nothing more than to hear that HoI4 is in the works...but I am nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.