• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see HOI3 finished before HOI4 comes out.

Well I would like to see a game which starts definetely earlier than 1936, something like 1920 would be fine and it would end in 1991, so Cold War Period too, that would be a lot of game. But when I think about bugs and having to wait for like 4 patches to make it work, give me chills :rofl::p

The scheming suspicious hedge wizard in me suspects there was planned form the very beginning to have a big diplomacy push in the first expansion. Diplomacy is so much more limited than any previous paradox strategy game title and hey have clearly removed core functions like this.

Maybe I a too suspicious, but I suspect it is deliberate.

I am not saying it is all entirely capitalist greed in motivation - maybe some things had to go to get the game out when they needed the cash. This stuff might well have been ditched for those reasons.

Either way, I doubt they were diliberatley left out because they felt 'these don't fit in this time period'.

I still think that they should add more provinces!! However I like HoI3 (not the bugges though) but I also miss a function of giving some provinces to a country u occupied and take some of them urself!! :rolleyes: I play Hungary and I occupy Austria but I only want 3 provinces and the rest I want to give to the Germans but I can't do that!!:(

At first there have to be some expansions for HoI 3 like EU3. And please, a HoI that does not cover 1936-1945 is not HoI. HoI has to stay in WW2. Forever!

Victoria´s Economy Sytem Diplomacy´s diplomacy system and HoI´s War system

Plus character-sheets for every minister and leader a'la Crusader Kings!

Plus character-sheets for every minister and leader a'la Crusader Kings!

And of course the politic system from Victoria 2 :D

That must be the essence of what I want too :)

Better strategic AI.

And real multi-thread ability to run it properly.

for HoI3 addon I'd like better message settings, correct reporting of losses, loss statistic, messages for lost units.

Real multi core support, so more calculations can take place with out slowing the game down. These area needs improvement :

AI : If AI had its own core, allot more could in theory be done. No need to simplify the scripts for the ai to run faster.

Combat : New values can be added to combat for more realistic combat, with out slowing the game down (Torpedo attack, meele, medium rang art, long range art, etc)

Detailed supply travel, no need for simplifications like the devs admit in the faq for supply.

The best would be if we need not wait for hoi4, a multi core exp for hoi3 with some other new stuff.

What i want most, is that it will be using the avaible hardware to the fullest.

That means: It needs to be able to use multicore CPU's. And it shouldn't be just optimized for just 2 or 4, but should be able to even work great with 12 cores or more.

Maybe even using the GPU to calculate stuff besides the graphics, if it still has free resources...

I want the game to run quickly through out the game. And it should be tested for multiplayer purposes, not only singleplayer. Even though singleplayer is the most played part of the game, multiplayer is still important, and would be used more, if there weren't so many problems...

I would also like to be able to set up a host, that doesn't control a country. That way it can just calculate what the AI does, that might also improve the online-experience.

The scheming suspicious hedge wizard in me suspects there was planned form the very beginning to have a big diplomacy push in the first expansion. Diplomacy is so much more limited than any previous paradox strategy game title and hey have clearly removed core functions like this.

Maybe I a too suspicious, but I suspect it is deliberate.
Except, you know, that they haven't announced anything regarding improved diplomacy in the expansion... ;)

That post was from late January. Lots of necro lately.

I think this thread deserves a re-animation ;P

On Topic:

Multi-Core support as stated above would be really nice and i hope the technology advancements has proressed so far until then that an even more complex supply system and/or a much more realistically economy system(much more I mean 2x times Vic 2 or even more) won´t cause lag

I'd like to see:
  • Span from the end of WW1 to 2010.
  • Provinces are still the same except divisions etc can be positioned so that you can put support units at the rear of the province away from the front line. Imagine a front line province is split into front and rear.
  • Naval combat expanded. Stacking penalty shouldn't be in place if the fleets are about the same size as each other. Transports to be developed and researched so culminating in LPD's and LPH's later on in the game.
  • Helicopters as a land unit replacement for cavalry or an upgrade path. At the expense of being very weak against air intercept and AA. Additional doctrines and technologies also to help counter Helo's.
  • Nuclear weapons having a considerable effect as well as diplomatic and dissent penalties that should be incurred if a nation decides to stockpile them and a huge IC hit to maintain them so that they can't be spammed without consequence.
  • An expanded technology tree that includes updates through to 2010.
  • Now I'm hesitant to declare anything about the supply system. I would hope paradox interactive would make options so that players could set supply rules themselves. Being able to customise one's game through ingame settings would be a boon.
  • Also I'd love to see the entire world. Even though they've left out siberia which is pretty empty anyway it would be nice to have the entire world and Alaska not looking pretty wierd.

As for technical features as most have stated multicore support and 64bit. I wonder though, is it possible for some of the calculations to be done on a GPU. Since modern GPU's nvidia 8-series and upwards as well as ATi's 2k series and newer have the ability to be used in such a fashion. I don't think it is more beneficial but you never know I'm just throwing it out there.

Also improved support for large resolution screens and maybe even being able to split the screen in half so two area's can be viewed simultaneously.

That's the end of my suggestions for HOI4.

Excuse me while I tie you to a stake and set you on fire. :rofl: No hexes please. :eek:o

+1 no Hexes it would stop me from playing their games our(well the one of paradox) system of splitting the world into pieces(Hahaha that´s so freaking funny, because it has 2 meanings) is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.