• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The OG issue would be greatly simplified if we just tweaked the OG trait itself - to give it a standard meaning. Under the vanilla terminology OG is said to represent backward thinking and inability to adapt to new ideas, but in very many cases (particularly with Germany) it is applied to 'politically backward thinking' (i.e. unreliable) leaders. So quite a number of leaders who were in fact quite progressive thinkers on military matters nonetheless acquire the OG tag. This is then further complicated, as you say, by hanging the OG tag on leaders according to their date of exit from the army lists - which was very often a political decision.

Sorting all that out would be so much simpler if we used a different trait for the 'less-loyal'.

Epaminondas said:
The OG issue would be greatly simplified if we just tweaked the OG trait itself - to give it a standard meaning. Under the vanilla terminology OG is said to represent backward thinking and inability to adapt to new ideas, but in very many cases (particularly with Germany) it is applied to 'politically backward thinking' (i.e. unreliable) leaders.

ah, yeah? never noticed, actually.

redefining the trait is probably the way to go (eg: idiot? ;) ) but if the end date works i doubt this is needed very often except for reactivated older commanders or police, party, paramilitary officers for some minors. i actually like the existence of OGs in general, it would only be nice if you eg have a Weimar general during the twenties and this person is perfect there (the 20s) and when he is reactivated receives this trait (OG) on reactivation.

to sum things up if the end dates work this problem is (more or less) solved (except for reactivaions). and the masses of OGs in the german CSV are probably a result of the CSV itself which is plain wrong. if it would only be about age, why not Raeder or Rundstedt (working on Weimar ATM, Raeder reached RAdm in 1922).

erica said:
bestmajor, can you teach me how to make colour pictures?

well if you're a fast learner yes, watch your inbox please.

Its works! Thank you!

M37.jpg
kaiserreichlouisferdinandvH.jpg
kaiserreichwilhelmIV.jpg

Hey guys,

Im new here im sam.

I hope everyone is good!

I look forwards to being active here :)

see you all on the forum

A bot or what? :S

Nothing new for a long while.

Are you still working on new pics?

ADukes said:
Finally some new japanese.

and at least 3 brand new ones

ADukes said:
BTW, you should brighten the b&w images a bit (at least the very dark parts) before recoloring. Shadow/Highlight of Photoshop does a nice job.

i dont have PS, but sometimes i do put light on the image. what do you mean exactly?
if its the japanese navy uniform - this is blackened intentionally. i use this image of Yamamoto as a kind of template: http://www.biografiasyvidas.com/biografia/y/yamamoto.htm

i dont have PS, but sometimes i do put light on the image. what do you mean exactly?
http://www.digitalproducer.com/2003/10_oct/tutorials/10_27/pscsshadow031028.htm

if its the japanese navy uniform - this is blackened intentionally. i use this image of Yamamoto as a kind of template: http://www.biografiasyvidas.com/biografia/y/yamamoto.htm
Nothing in particular regarding the japanese, just in general for all nations. The image of Yamamoto has bad colors and is way too dark, especially the left side of his face.

version 20 is up, please see first post this thread.

- mostly HUN, ROM, JAP

- GER leaders CSV should now work in all HOI2 Games (AoD/DH/IC - means everybody is covered, Anschluss event should fire historically, technically it should work in all cases)

- Hickmann note: finally he has arrived as well as Franz Zaiser (both AUS) - a 2 years hunt is over (Halali!)

install at own risk!

@ADukes:

actually a good example why i tend to do it after making the pic. as you can see the light brings up all mistakes and bad things in the pic (works similar with the b&w pics) and this is - according to my experience - causing problems afterwards.

but if you have comments about particular pics, let me know.

Last edited:
btw,
i probably mis-ID'd the japanese MG Kuroda Shigeru and called him Muto Akira.
(just in case somebody is interested)