• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
as for Gilles, i presume he was made LG upon retirement? i see him basically as a MG
Well, he actually commanded an Army Corps during the Algerian War, but you can still give him MG as ideal rank if you wish, traits Commando and Defensive are perfect for him. Molinié as a 2/5 with DD is Ok for me too. As for Navarre, perhaps adding Panzer leader too?

sorry for the late reply i'm going through the SOVs like hell, so very little time for anything else, 804 pics done, and splitted the purges into 5 events (should actually be 6 when starting in 36, 8 for a 1933 scenario).
Wow! do some of them be new pics for leaders or only for models and events?

made some others for SOV, maybe you spot something i missed?
About the Richard Sorge event, the trigger conditions should be related to a GER "preparations for Barbarossa" event...also another event with Sorge for Japan's no intention of attacking Soviet Union, thus allowing the transfer of the Siberian divisions to Moscow...

evt pics in color for all are done, i just copied the texts from sources i found elsewhere
Just great as always! show more when you can.

benden said:
Wow! do some of them be new pics for leaders or only for models and events?
yeah well like i said i have 817 items when i open the SOV folder... there are not many left, i think i found most fakes, doubles, bogus ones and can then proceed just like normal and adding people. its not like germany as the quality of source images isnt always that good but you can already in its current state play it without ever touching a b6w pic, even the navy.

so right now its appr. 800 leaders/ministers pics, the evts pics i posted + one for the death of stalin, + one for the purges, + the polikarpov for china, + 95 ills + 33 TT images (airborne CiCs like Margelov and Glazunov).

after i have a basic version ready i release and make a break. then i have to play it myself to go for bug hunting to get my own mistakes out - it looks cool on paper, but having them ingame is sth different.

as for Navarre, why Panzer trait? - i mean, both, on top of the offensive one? - i juast made the french in a few seconds as i didnt want to leave sov at this point, just wanted to hear the reasons.

as for the event: it was more planned for the player, actually. for the SOV_JAP non aggression thing i had the visit of the japanese foreign minister in mind; but - before i get sucked to much in this eventing i better go back to my dudes, that has higher priority ATM.

after i have a basic version ready i release and make a break. then i have to play it myself to go for bug hunting to get my own mistakes out - it looks cool on paper, but having them ingame is sth different.
Yes, that's right, you deserve completely playing the game to enjoy your creations too!!

as for Navarre, why Panzer trait? - i mean, both, on top of the offensive one? - i juast made the french in a few seconds as i didnt want to leave sov at this point, just wanted to hear the reasons.
well, he lead an armored regiment as a colonel in 1944-45 and was the CO of the 5th armored division in 1950-52...he had an intelligence background too, serving with 2ème Bureau from 1936 to 1942, under colonel Louis Rivet up to 1940 then general Weygand in Algeria up to late 1941 (infos from his bio on French Wiki).

benden said:
Just great as always! show more when you can.

here you go

EDIT: well the ilyushin tech pic isnt that cool, sth missing in the upper right corner, its just a preview
note leaderpics are a bit messed due to change of format and all that, they look a bit better ingame

Last edited:
and a french liner; btw the pakistani air force officer Ashgar Khan can be found in the turkish CSV (marked with PAK)

two, actually. but the GG of canada Massey (sp) is also leading indian divisions, so all business as usual

EDIT: v30 is up, comrades

Last edited:
ah, yes i forgot: you dont need the "purge event.txt" anymore. just (from an Arma install) disable the purges events and the Vlassov event and put the "USSR_L&Ms" in.
it will guide you through all the purges like different chiefs of navy, GRU heads, finance ministers and so on. the Undistinguished Suit for Smirnov and Frinovsky is intended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Alexandrovich_Smirnov
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Frinovsky

and the downfall of Viktorov is part of the event chain

EDIT:

the french are not forgotten..

Last edited:
ah, yes i forgot: you dont need the "purge event.txt" anymore. just (from an Arma install) disable the purges events and the Vlassov event and put the "USSR_L&Ms" in.
it will guide you through all the purges like different chiefs of navy, GRU heads, finance ministers and so on. the Undistinguished Suit for Smirnov and Frinovsky is intended.
I'll test your revised events next week-end; and ok with Undistinguished Suit for both of them, since they're not true sailors (admirals)!

EDIT:

the french are not forgotten..
Thanks! and Cyvoct is not so bad considering the poor quality of the capture, well done!

EDIT: Armingeat too, if you used the pic from generals.dk.

Last edited:
yes the Armingeat is from generals.dk - he was lucky that i made him so late because i just discovered a button which fixes some mistakes in digital pics (really needed it for the SOVs and Armingeat and Cyvoct did profit from that as well).

as for testing, all you have to do is to disable the purges event and the Vlassov event (with Arma/AoD) + install the "USSR_L&Ms". if you have reached and passed the 41 purges it should all be ok - the purges are the most complicated and important ones, the rest is merely flavour.

EDIT:
10504;SOV;1944;1947;1967;1990;1;7;260;3;0;5;0;Margelov_Vasilii_Filippovich1_colour_sov;1944;1979;x
this line has a wrong name

Last edited:
yes the Armingeat is from generals.dk - he was lucky that i made him so late because i just discovered a button which fixes some mistakes in digital pics (really needed it for the SOVs and Armingeat and Cyvoct did profit from that as well).
Very useful find indeed!

this line has a wrong name
So the name is Margelov, not Vladimiroch, right?

Found an interesting page today; if you scroll down, there's perhaps a new admiral for FRA in pic "Former French POWs on their way home. France, 1941"?
EDIT: perhaps he's not an admiral at all but merely a civilian prefect!!

benden said:
So the name is Margelov, not Vladimiroch, right?
yes. i dont think that this Vladimiroch is real at all. he is a minister (chief of air) and carpet bomber as leader in vanilla. Margelov is some kind of airborne legend and also has a TT, i wrote a bit of these TTs here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-in-Colour&p=14549432&viewfull=1#post14549432

as for the french no idea, could be both,
Nationaal Archief (Nederland). Spaarnestad Photo/SFA022804169
maybe look up the source?

I tested the new purge and your other new events up to late 1940, so I have yet to see Purge 1941, Sorge's warnings and Stalin's speech; all were okay except for a few things I did notice:
- Tukhachevsky and Alksnis TTs were not slept when the leaders/ministers were removed
- Blücher is removed by the purge 1938 event although he's named in the Battle of Lake of Lake Khasan event later; perhaps he should be removed in this event?
- Stalin's speech: I think there's no need of the 'stay silent' choice for a human player; maybe only useful for the AI?

And oh yes, nearly none B&W pics remaining for SOV, cool!

EDIT: having watched again the HBO miniserie The Pacific, I noticed an interesting USMC character, colonel Chesty Puller, but as you can see by reading his bio, he was made a BG only in 1951...

Last edited:
hi and thanks for the feedback. have noticed something myself:

NKVD general Safiulin http://generals.dk/general/Safiulin/Ganii_Bekinovich/Soviet_Union.html (used a younger pic) is an air officer. thats a typo.

as for Blücher/Blyukher he was definately purged in 38 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blücher i noticed this myself but havent touched this event.

the oddities come from an AoD TT overhaul made by Cardus, Kunadam et al. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?513-Technical-Teams-Mod i post the version i currently use.

SOV;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
3700;61 Kommunara Nikolayev Shipyards;T3700;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3701;Alexander Novikov;Novikov_Alexander_TT;6;1936;1970;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3702;Alexander Vasilevsky;Vasilevsky_TT;7;1940;1970;centralized_execution;combined_arms_focus;large_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3703;Andrei Sakharov;T_SOV_Andrei_Sakharov;9;1950;1970;mathematics;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3704;Barrikada Factory Design Bureau;T3701;6;1930;1970;artillery;electronics;general_equipment;mechanics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3705;Boris Shaposhnikov;TT_SOV_Shaposhnikov;5;1930;1945;centralized_execution;large_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3706;Charkov Factory Design Bureau;T3702;7;1930;1970;artillery;mechanics;technical_efficiency;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3707;Grabin Design Bureau;T3708;5;1930;1970;artillery;chemistry;general_equipment;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3708;IPMCE;T_SOV_IPMCE;6;1948;1970;electronics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3709;Igor Kurchatov;T3704;4;1930;1960;mathematics;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3710;Igor Tamm;T3719;6;1945;1970;mathematics;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3711;Ilyushin Design Bureau;T3709;6;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3712;Izhevsk Ordnance Plant;T_SOV_IzhevskOrdnancePlant;7;1947;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3713;Yakov Alksnis;Alksnis_TT;6;1930;1970;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3714;Kartsev-Venediktov Design Bureau;T_SOV_Kartsev-VenediktoDB;8;1946;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3715;Kirov Factory Design Bureau;T3710;7;1930;1970;artillery;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3716;Konstantin Vershinin;Vershinin_Konstantin_TT;6;1943;1970;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3717;Mikhail Kalashnikov;T_SOV_Kalashnikov;7;1942;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3718;Mikhail Tukhachevsky;TT_SOV_Tukhachevsky;5;1930;1970;combined_arms_focus;large_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3719;Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau;T_SOV_Mikoyan-GurevichDB;5;1939;1958;aeronautics;artillery;electronics;rocketry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3720;Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau;T_SOV_Mikoyan-GurevichDB;7;1959;1970;aeronautics;artillery;electronics;rocketry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3721;Nevskoye Design Bureau;T3711;4;1930;1970;electronics;general_equipment;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3722;Nikolai Kuznetsov;Kuznetsov_Nikolai_TT;6;1936;1970;large_taskforce_tactics;naval_artillery;small_taskforce_tactics;submarine_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3723;Nizny Tagil Factories;T3712;6;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3724;RNII;T3703;5;1930;1970;mathematics;rocketry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3725;Rodion Malinovsky;T_SOV_Rodion_Malinovsky;7;1936;1970;combined_arms_focus;decentralized_execution;individual_courage;large_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3726;Rubin Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering;T_SOV_RubinCentralDB;6;1952;1970;electronics;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;nuclear_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3727;STZ Factory Design Bureau;T3713;5;1930;1970;electronics;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3728;Sergei Gorshkov;T_SOV_Sergei_Gorshkov;7;1950;1970;large_taskforce_tactics;naval_training;rocketry;seamanship;submarine_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3729;Sergei Korolev;T3720;7;1946;1966;aeronautics;rocketry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3730;Trans Siberian Railways;TT_Trans-Sib;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3731;Tupolev Design Bureau;TT_Tupolev;5;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;electronics;rocketry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3732;Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska;T3721;5;1930;1941;artillery;decentralized_execution;general_equipment;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3733;Yakovlev Design Bureau;Yakovlev_TT;8;1930;1970;aeronautics;artillery;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3735;Georgy Zhukov;TT_SOV_Zhukov3;9;1938;1970;centralized_execution;combined_arms_focus;large_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3736;Lazar Kaganovich;TT_SOV_Kaganovich_Lazar;5;1935;1960;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
3737;GOSPLAN;TT_SOV_GOSPLAN;7;1935;1970;management;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

i havent sorted in all myself - just i know that when increasing the TT slots a lot of more teams are needed everywhere. the tech teams mod did a good job with that over months and its a very good base to mod on.

benden said:
And oh yes, nearly none B&W pics remaining for SOV, cool!
well te admiralty is a problem still. but i do think thats its possible to make everybody real there. the SU should be a bit better now, just some Like Admiral Ivan Papanin crashed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Papanin (was coded like a second Yamamoto).

as for Puller, he's ok. i need such late war people.

EDIT: new SOV evt:

#########################################################################
# The Finnish Peoples Army
#
# http://generals.dk/general/Antila/Aksel_Moiseevich/Soviet_Union.html
# http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akseli_Anttila
# (switch to russian version)
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Democratic_Republic
# (switch to russian version)
#
#########################################################################

event = {
id = 9992669
random = no
country = SOV

trigger = {
government = communist
war = { country = FIN country = SOV }
}

name = "The Finnish Peoples Army"
desc = " During the winter war of 1939/1940, the Soviet Union created an armed formation of finns and karelians. The formation reached a number of 25.000 men in february 1940 and was lead by Major General Akseli Anttila. "

picture = "SOV_FINdivision"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1936 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 20 month = december year = 1954 }

action_a = {
name = "Create the division"
ai_chance = 100
command = { type = resource which = supplies value = -450 } #
command = { type = add_division value = infantry }

}
action_b = {
name = "We dont need the finns"
ai_chance = 0
command = { }

}

}
just found its leader today: http://generals.dk/general/Antila/Aksel_Moiseevich/Soviet_Union.html

Last edited:
NKVD general Safiulin http://generals.dk/general/Safiulin/Ganii_Bekinovich/Soviet_Union.html (used a younger pic) is an air officer. thats a typo.
Corrected, thanks!

the oddities come from an AoD TT overhaul made by Cardus, Kunadam et al. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?513-Technical-Teams-Mod i post the version i currently use.
Interesting mod indeed; perhaps "Iron" Lazar should also have industrial_engineering too to make him more useful? and perhaps Chemistry too, for his involvement with oil industry?

EDIT: do you have color pics for IPMCE & GOSPLAN TTs?

well te admiralty is a problem still. but i do think thats its possible to make everybody real there. the SU should be a bit better now, just some Like Admiral Ivan Papanin crashed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Papanin (was coded like a second Yamamoto).
Well, I think that SOV has enough admirals for WW2 since the Soviet Navy played a minor role during that conflict, and in game few players upgrade it (focalising towards Land and Air techs); and don't forget that a lot of the sailors fought as naval infantry!

as for Puller, he's ok. i need such late war people.
Good then, I'm pretty sure he would have been a general earlier if WW2 lasted longer...

EDIT: new SOV evt:
Don't forget to add 500 supplies required in the trigger conditions, and also the division should be named something like "Special Karelian-Finnish Rifle Division" (in Russian if possible) with Antilla assigned as its leader.

e.g.:

Code:
command = { type = add_corps which = "I Rifle Corps Finnish Peoples Army" value = land when = XXXX (Antilla) where = XXX (deployement province) } 
command = { type = add_division which = "Special Karelian-Finnish Rifle Division" value = infantry when = -1 }

Last edited:
re Lazar, i think he's maybe good as he is. for chemistry and all that - i know so little, lol - maybe Sergei Lebedev http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Vasilyevich_Lebedev or better his institute

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/НИИ_синтетического_каучука
http://www.fgupniisk.ru/about/eng/ FSUE NIISK (just no pic in sight).

another management thing early or late, just no ww2 could be Vesenkha http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Soviet_of_the_National_Economy

my personal theory is grab everything you can first and sort it all out later (Quality comes out of quantity, to modify a famous quote of uncle Joe). you can only be picky if you have enough resources anyway.

EDIT: do you have color pics for IPMCE & GOSPLAN TTs?
yes, i usually dont upload the TTs as i dont spend much time on them, but here's some kind of working version incl pics http://www.gamefront.com/files/22588711/SOVTECHS.rar

the Marine guy i coded him for these 4 years now. maybe change that later. there are colour pics on the web so all was very fast, just right now i do very little outside the SU.

thanks for the corrections. btw, theres an ill - fleemarket at the bottom of the colour file, a pic of Max Wünsche in GER/unused, and some commie "poles" just in case.

another event is needed for the SPR-SOVs Eremenko ("Chato") and Batov. both ITA and GER get sth for their involvement in SCW, the SU should get sth as well, like

command = { type = change_leader_xp which = 470 value = 1 } # Hugo Sperrle
command = { type = change_leader_xp which = 479 value = 1 } # Richthofen

(i use this for the returning Condor guys)