• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
erica said:
Oh! New version!
yes, hope you like

benden said:
Thanks a lot for new version! great job as ever!
P.S.: sorry, nothing new from me since my last contribution, I didn't spend much time doing researches for months...
i didnt do much as well.
except the Dill pic you should know that this "gendarm" Tubert is done, i just couldnt find his promotion dates thats why he isnt in the list.

Wow! hibernation is definitively over!! very good job as always!
yes, initially i just wanted to complete all USMCs (hope i have them all now, including their air force), ended up in a bigger USA painting project:).

When will this be incorporated into the game? Hell of a lot of ministers...

When will this be incorporated into the game? Hell of a lot of ministers...

probably never as this a resource for modding and not really a mod. but i included the CSV's for ministers and leaders (HoI2 format) at the bottom of this package (+the events like GER/AUS Anschluss, soviet purges or french vichy event). so a translation of at least the leaders (ministers for DH excluded) should last 10 minutes maximum.

here's another little preview:

note the soviet naval officers in 1st and 3rd row are completely new (1st one is a 1946 fleet destroyer :cool: ) , second VADM Gabriel Zhukov, the defendor of Odessa, the italian is new as well. germans are more or less maintainance pix.

Last edited:
Oh, I see! That's a shame...the more the better, and the colour really brings things to life. Has there been no approach?

no, no approach, and IMO just following the vanilla set up makes no sense, there are tons of duplications and such things in it, the coloured ones will make these mistakes more obvious.

if you want to try it quickly for DH, just take the german leaders CSV from the bottom of the package and throw it into
..DH/Mods/darkest hour full/db/leaders (note save your original!!)

then you take the german pics and drop them into
..DH/Mods/darkest hour full/gfx/interface/pics (this wont overwrite anything)

doesnt work for all CSVs but for leaders for ENG, FRA, USA, SOV and GER it should work. if you dont like, just search for images with "_colour_" in their title and you get them all out in a second again.

Well that is definitely a shame.

I'll have a go with it! Thanks!

Well that is definitely a shame.

I'll have a go with it! Thanks!
let me know your result, please. i never did it, but at least it should work with Arma; never modded DH though.

EDIT: ok, i tried it myself with DH 1.02 TRP mod, looked ok

EDIT2: took 2 minutes for the leaders (more than 2000 pics) btw :)

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be fine with DH Full etc. Then. I really don't think much was done with the ministers in DH...I see most of the same. How many people are working on this?

TremblingBlue said:
Looks like it'll be fine with DH Full etc. Then. I really don't think much was done with the ministers in DH...I see most of the same.
iirc DH full uses an end date for ministers - i still use the HoI2/AoD format

TremblingBlue said:
How many people are working on this?
one, thats me

iirc DH full uses an end date for ministers - i still use the HoI2/AoD format

one, thats me

I'm going to try it out tonight. Gets me thinking though, aren't the picture names the same for HOI2 and DH? If "colour" is removed, there would be no need for the DB files to be changed...or did you add more ministers?

I just think this would really bring the game more to life. No reason why they shouldn't be added in a patch. From looking at the files now, am I right in thinking that every minister/leader completed?

TremblingBlue said:
Gets me thinking though, aren't the picture names the same for HOI2 and DH?
yes but not mine, i only use those name - tags instead of L1, L2, L3, etc. - this is more difficult, but far more accurate. but if you're playing germany, this CSV is very good (the result of a couple of years).

TremblingBlue said:
.or did you add more ministers?
a lot (but more leaders, a lot of them have been removed because, dead, retired, doubles, fakes. and some ministers replaced like this one

i can include the event for anschluss and the dormant leaders for the 1936 scenario inc if needed.

TremblingBlue said:
No reason why they shouldn't be added in a patch. From looking at the files now, am I right in thinking that every minister/leader completed?
oh, patch would bring me in trouble as a lot cant be used for commercial things (and i think a lot of players want to have it in b&w).
the leaders german are completed, the ministers require some pics which i contributed to AoD, same ITA, CRO or BUL.
SOV leaders are not completed but the missing pics should be in DH. same for USA, FRA or ENG. - maybe use DH light as testing ground to be on the save side. this way you dont need a fresh install if you dont like it.

yes but not mine, i only use those name - tags instead of L1, L2, L3, etc. - this is more difficult, but far more accurate. but if you're playing germany, this CSV is very good (the result of a couple of years).

a lot (but more leaders, a lot of them have been removed because, dead, retired, doubles, fakes. and some ministers replaced like this one

i can include the event for anschluss and the dormant leaders for the 1936 scenario inc if needed.

oh, patch would bring me in trouble as a lot cant be used for commercial things (and i think a lot of players want to have it in b&w).
the leaders german are completed, the ministers require some pics which i contributed to AoD, same ITA, CRO or BUL.
SOV leaders are not completed but the missing pics should be in DH. same for USA, FRA or ENG. - maybe use DH light as testing ground to be on the save side. this way you dont need a fresh install if you dont like it.

Well, first thing I think should be done is to move this to the DH mod section, so more people know about it/use it/help, then it'll bring it to the current game. Then I would ask the devs about the legality of the pictures...I personally don't think it'll be that much of a problem, but hey, I wouldn't know.

benden said:
Hi Bestmajor,

Today I finally found pics of general Edouard Welvert (1881-1943) which commanded tank units in 1939-1940 then an Infantry Division in North Africa from 1940 to 1943 where he was KIA during the Tunisian Campaign...

:)

TremblingBlue said:
Well, first thing I think should be done is to move this to the DH mod section, so more people know about it/use it/help, then it'll bring it to the current game. Then I would ask the devs about the legality of the pictures...I personally don't think it'll be that much of a problem, but hey, I wouldn't know.
well, i'm actually one of the few who still play Arsenal.. but i dont want to discuss the pros and cons of both games here. i didnt open a thread at DH forums as those CSvs need a lot of the pics of AoD + its in the HoI2 format. so some of them wont work with DH (eg, ITA) or they require the "romania improved" or "japan improved" things (see sig).

its not that i dont want to make it available, its just a lot of work and testing required as basically the whole axis was and is reworked - and i simply cant do more coding and testing and research and improving (i kicked out a hell of a lot irrelevant leaders, like today another five pilots left the soviet leaders CSV which are originally rated as generals).

but, if you want to make a conversion with maybe other people step by step i will offer you every help. dormant austrian leaders, hungarian ss, correct anschluss event (which is a bit silly in all HoI games), thats all here. its just that i would like to proceed with this one and upload it down here where no registration is required.

so the german leaders are a matter of 10 minutes, same for SOV, USA and ENG leaders or every leaderfile which is using the L1, L2, etc system. ministers CSVs and leaders CSVs are not as some of them require the AoD pics or the DH code. - and i start in 1st of January 1936 - strictly.
(but the US, SOV and GER leaders should be worth a try, thats sth i can promise)

EDIT: @benden: do you have info for the following persons (prom dates, first names, etc):

Vice-amiral Jourdain
Contre-amiral G. Rebuffel
Vice-amiral A. Laurin
Vice-amiral Périés
Vice-Amiral Claude Burin des Roziers

(very much possible that those were already mentioned here, just i kind of lost contact to the french)

Last edited:
Yeah! one more for FRA!!

EDIT: @benden: do you have info for the following persons (prom dates, first names, etc):

Vice-amiral Jourdain
Contre-amiral G. Rebuffel
Vice-amiral A. Laurin
Vice-amiral Périés
Vice-Amiral Claude Burin des Roziers

(very much possible that those were already mentioned here, just i kind of lost contact to the french)

- Jourdain, François-Pierre (1899-1979): RA 1945, VA 1951, VAE 1956, retired ?? (after 1959 for sure)
- Rebuffel, Gabriel-Laurent-Joseph (1897-1983): RA 1946, VA 1953, retired 1956.
- Laurin, Joseph-Elisée-Auguste (1898-1972): RA 1946, VA 1953, VAE 1958, retired ??
- Périès, Paul-Marie-Emmanuel-Raymond (1899-1983): RA 1945, VA 1952, VAE 1957, retired ??; lead carrier group and naval aviation from 1952 to 1954.
- Burin des Roziers, Michel-Claude (1910-1973): RA ??, VA ??, VAE 1964, retired ??

N.B. on ranks: RA = BG, VA = MG, VAE = LTG...

Plus another possible here: Lambert, Robert-Gabriel (1897-1960); RA 1944, VA 1946, VAE 1950, retired in 1957. Chief of Navy from August 1950, 18th to October 1951, 25th.

Last edited:
benden said:
- Jourdain, François-Pierre (1899-1979): RA 1945, VA 1951, VAE 1956, retired ?? (after 1959 for sure)
Plus another possible here: Lambert, Robert-Gabriel (1897-1960); RA 1944, VA 1946, VAE 1950, retired in 1957. Chief of Navy from August 1950, 18th to October 1951, 25th.
both in + minister Lambert (hope the new TT pic for Denain is ok, too)

benden said:
N.B. on ranks: RA = BG, VA = MG, VAE = LTG...
iirc you told me that VAE is appr ADM? doesnt make a big difference, just i would like to have it accurate in the end...

anyway v 25 is out, grab it at 1st post (US navy mostly and people from this organization ). + CO's Divison Großdeutschland complete, some british and more...

EDIT:
just noticed i did not include the corrected Anschluss event. this was added as well now (dormant leaders for the .inc and the event for a historical autrian awaking)

Oorah.

Last edited: