• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So it's you and the Arverni vs The East? You can easily handle that by now. Just turn your attention to one enemy at a time, making seperate peaces for one or two provinces with Seleucids allies, then wack the Seleucids themselves.

Defensive war, but try to cause a Civil War among your enemies by bribing governers. It works good in the Seleucid empire.

Crush the small nations while fighting defensively against the Seleucids. Once everyone else is finished off, turn the full might of Epirus against the SE! :)

Currently half wants to fight a defensive war which would end in a few white peaces, and at most very few provinces gained, while half want to fight the Seleucids allies first, grabbing as much as we can from then before focusing on the Seleucid menace itself.

It would be nice to have a clear decision.

Well, you could stay on the defensive on other fronts, while focusing with your main force against one foe at a time.

But don't beat potential enemies of the seleucids too badly.
Better would be to smash the Seleucid behemoth down and make the one-time allies divide the corpse amongst them...

Whatever means bring the shiniest victory for you.

When we last looked we where at war with all the countries east of us. Lovely. After some deliberation the basic strategy decided was to defeat the Seleucid allies and then focus on the Seleucids themselves. The first to fall, the Bosporan Kingdom. Rhoxolani is now ours, we could have gotten more, but well we are still fighting the Seleucids, Egypt, Pontus, Atropatene and the Nabateans.

1qof3s.jpg

Some minor setbacks though, our army in Cyrenaica is too small to really hold back Egypt, and when well-led Atropatenian and Nabatean armies arrive there is simply nothing it can do. And in Asia Minor an army is lost in an extremely unlucky battle. But no worry we easily raise a new army and it only delays the inevitable. Also Remi and later Dacia try to cause trouble but both are unably to accomplish much and are forced to accept white peace.

2ir52xf.jpg

Wanted more but with Amisus the total value of the peace offer would have been over 100 and the ai never accepts offer valued that high, so we will have to be content with just Bithynia and Phrygia. To our surprise the next month the Seleucids accept our first offer. We get Paphlagonia and are now at peace. The war was actually quite short, less then five years.

263edyd.jpg

The next year the Seleucid Satrap of Armenia decides to proclaim himself king.

4kdv81.jpg

While he has no strength to speak of, the Seleucid king appearantly feels generous and only retakes Artashat and forces the king of Armenia to pay a monthly tribute.

Some more peace and in 675 I feel it is time to decide what to do next. The truce with the Bosporan Kingdom has ended and our current mission (not that we have really cared about those) is to reduce war exhaustion. While our technology is slightly behind (but not by a very large margin) we have by far the highest income and manpower as can be seen on these lists

zlut7s.jpg

We are allied to the Arverni and the Vindelici. This is the map of the mediterranean for the year 675.

n1vxoo.jpg

As you probably have noticed the updates are getting further and further apart. And we practically dominate the mediterranean as is. Do you think we should end this here, or try to continue all the way to 731?

I think you need to continue until the very end. It's fun! I certainly don't find it that bad that the updates are weeks apart, as long as this gets finished.

Seeing the Seleucids are such wussies, I'd say after the truce ends and perhaps a few extra years to let WE cooldown and if you do not find yourself in trouble due to western toubles, I'd say you attack yourself in the east. A few extra Egyptian and Bosporan provinces would make a nice addition to the empire.

You need to crush the other Greek kingdoms. ;)
Only one heir of Alexander can rule.
That means drive the Seleucids more east, conquest Egypt, Pontus and Rhoxolani.

I think you should continue to the end. And while beating the Seleucids again sounds good, what about Carthage? I think they should be made to fear the name of Epirus! :D

Continue. Crush the Seleucids, then the Egyptians, then the Carthaginians.

Finish? You have fought hard to get to this point! You are in a prime invasion position, able to strike almost anywhere. I propose resting for a little bit, then launching a massive attack on the East. Or cross the Mediterranean and take out Egypt and Carthage. After that, turn your attention on Gaul. Those barbarians need a little more culture......

I'd say work on taking out Dacia, Bosphora, and Pontus first. That will simply your border some and will leave you only having to worry about the Seleucids in the NE.

Then go after Egypt, pushing your border to Sinai in order to create a choke point that is easily defensible against attacks from the east.

After that point, the Seleucid Empire is yours for the taking, and you can take your time conquering eastward. Just push east across Asia Minor.

In the meantime, deal with anyone in the west who attacks you as offensively as you can reasonably afford, but work on decimating the Seleucid Empire before striking out eastward - unless of course you have the good luck to be bored during periods of truce with the Seleucid Empire, in which case you can attack Remi, Carthage, or what have you.

Gack! Was finally getting around to playing for a new update, was at 683 and everything was going well, war against the Seleucids all but won as they had no real armies left. Asia Minor, most of Syria and the Seleucid Black Sea coast occupied, an army ready to invade Mesopotamia and force them to accept peace. And then I accidentaly accepted their white peace offer...

Terrible, and unfortunately no autosave, so despite being one situation when a reload would actually be sort of acceptable, it can't happen (unless we wish to restart all the way from 675). Will try to prepare a proper update later with the screenshots I took, so you will know what happened apart from that (unless you really want to restart from 675 that is).

Personally I'd replay it, accidentally accepting a white peace is just about the most excusable reason to reload and if you keep playing from this point then you basically just wasted most of your remaining time ingame.